Pat wins NFL MVP

10 minutes ago, moons314 said:

First of at least 3, IMO.  The one negative of this though, is the expectations are going to be absolutely unreal moving forward.

No doubt. And realistically I doubt he hits 50 TDs more than maybe one more time in his career. Good thing is from everything I have seen and heard this will motivate him not make him complacent. When he talked about Brady coming over to talk to him after AFC Championship game he said something classy like "he's one of the best ever and that was really nice of him, but I was really upset at that moment.  In retrospect its was really cool."   This kid is driven to get us Lombardi Trophies. 

34 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I can only hope not making the Super Bowl in year one will be fuel that makes Mahomes even better than this year. Imagine him becoming the first to throw 60 TDs in a year.

A better defense might get the ball back in Mahomes hands quicker, but if the Chiefs are playing with comfortable leads, we may not see so many TD passes as this year when the games were close until the end.  Let's hope Mahomes doesn't pull a Marino who had his best years in the first two or three then became a very good QB who never won anything again.  It's up to the organization to provide Mahomes with protection and targets plus a game plan that plays into his strengths. 

On 2/2/2019 at 7:42 PM, Mloe68 said:

No doubt. And realistically I doubt he hits 50 TDs more than maybe one more time in his career. Good thing is from everything I have seen and heard this will motivate him not make him complacent. When he talked about Brady coming over to talk to him after AFC Championship game he said something classy like "he's one of the best ever and that was really nice of him, but I was really upset at that moment.  In retrospect its was really cool."   This kid is driven to get us Lombardi Trophies. 

I have no doubt that Mahomes would trade five mvps for one Lombardi.  Dude is not about personal accolades and he’s said as much when referencing the fact that they didn’t win anything at Texas tech. He’s be fine with throwing for 50 yards for the entire game if it meant they won the super bowl.  That’s a big deal to me, and a small part of what makes kc so lucky to have him. I’ve never seen a kid his age have his head on so straight.  Lord knows mine wasn’t when I was 23.  

On 2/2/2019 at 10:43 PM, jetlord said:

A better defense might get the ball back in Mahomes hands quicker, but if the Chiefs are playing with comfortable leads, we may not see so many TD passes as this year when the games were close until the end.  Let's hope Mahomes doesn't pull a Marino who had his best years in the first two or three then became a very good QB who never won anything again.  It's up to the organization to provide Mahomes with protection and targets plus a game plan that plays into his strengths. 

Yep. Marino had 48 TD passes his 2nd year (first full year) and 2 years later he had 44 but after that his numbers dropped dramatically and he never got back to the SB. I know Mahomes would give up every award he had for a Lombardi trophy. He is driven and wired the right way. Any semblance of a defense and the Chiefs are facing the Rams in the SB instead of the Pats. Lets hope they can fix it enough in the off season to get there in 2019.

I just saw the speech yesterday.  WOW.  When he told the fans "This is just the beginning" I about lost my shit and ran through a wall!

I still can't believe they were literally a couple of plays away from the Super Bowl and that Patrick Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

After waiting all of my life to see the Chiefs have a real QB, let alone the best in the league, I still feel so lucky the Chiefs have him.

For the love of God, GET THE DEFENSE FIXED!!!

37 minutes ago, dksww said:

I just saw the speech yesterday.  WOW.  When he told the fans "This is just the beginning" I about lost my shit and ran through a wall!

I still can't believe they were literally a couple of plays away from the Super Bowl and that Patrick Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

After waiting all of my life to see the Chiefs have a real QB, let alone the best in the league, I still feel so lucky the Chiefs have him.

For the love of God, GET THE DEFENSE FIXED!!!

And it doesn’t have to be done by week one next year either as both Super Bowl teams proved. Both defenses struggled most of the regular season vs good offenses but they were building towards the playoffs and had  coaches who had proven they could game plan to succeed in the postseason.  No reason at all Spags can’t do the same.  

Archived