Congratulations to Tony Gonzalez

13 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

forgot to congratulate Johnny Robinson as well, elected from the senior ballot

I always like  JR but  hardly pictured him as a HOFr but then I didn't think Curly Culp was either  but to think no Otis Taylor is bewildering and really just piss's me off

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

He’s lost his mind. 

“Atlanta put me over the top” 

or some shit like that...

wtf

It's funny how he said they (Falcons) were on national TV a lot with Monday & Sunday night games. The Chiefs now, and especially with Mahomes; have been on a lot of primetime games over the last few years. 

The comments don't totally surprise me. He's never been all in on the Chiefs since he's left, not compared to players like Trent Green.  Heck, even Neal Smith who won two freaking SB's with the hated Broncos is more of a Chiefs supporter. 

Although I don't totally agree with his Gonzo/Kelce comparison,  NCHiefsCorner was correct,  Tony G was all the Chiefs had for awhile. I remember one game, were the Chiefs were getting their asses kicked by the Jaguars. On one drive, Gannon threw to Gonzalez down after down, right down the field. I've never forgotten that game, and it made me realize how the Chiefs had nothing at wide receiver.

3 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

The fact the Chiefs had no WR's is what put him over the top, because that made Tony the main target.

He played with more 1,000 yard WRs than Kelce has.  

Reality is he got here at the very end of the very good Shottenhiemer era that was followed by only 1 playoff berth the next 8 years. 

38 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

He played with more 1,000 yard WRs than Kelce has.  

Reality is he got here at the very end of the very good Shottenhiemer era that was followed by only 1 playoff berth the next 8 years. 

That's because he played 12 years for the Chiefs, Kelce has played 6 years for the Chiefs, Gonzalez had 5 - 1000 yard WR's in 12 years and Kelce has had 3 - 1000 yard WR's in 6 years.

1 hour ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

TG made some dick comments about KC & snubbed the Chiefs.  I’m disappointed in him.  

I wonder if someone really screwed him over in KC.... Peterson, Pioli, someone else?

according to bob fescoe tony wanted to retire a chief about 2 years ago and our fuckstick GM John Dorsey agreed to do it but when the time got close, dorsey cancelled it so really Tony should take it out on Dorsey not the KC Faithful

8 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

according to bob fescoe tony wanted to retire a chief about 2 years ago and our fuckstick GM John Dorsey agreed to do it but when the time got close, dorsey cancelled it so really Tony should take it out on Dorsey not the KC Faithful

That's inaccurate.  McDouche in Atlanta refused to trade him.

1 hour ago, NChiefsCorner said:

That's because he played 12 years for the Chiefs, Kelce has played 6 years for the Chiefs, Gonzalez had 5 - 1000 yard WR's in 12 years and Kelce has had 3 - 1000 yard WR's in 6 years.

Let me put it this way.   Over the course of their careers in KC,  Gonzo averaged 7.4 targets per game, Kelce 7.23 targets per game. Almost identical.  Both players had by far their best seasons with 1,000 yard complimentary WRs that took pressure off them. In fact Gonzos best two years in KC were both with a plus 1,000 WR playing next to him. 

4 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

TG made some dick comments about KC & snubbed the Chiefs.  I’m disappointed in him.  

I wonder if someone really screwed him over in KC.... Peterson, Pioli, someone else?

That’s because TG is a dick, always has been.  Great player, but fuck that guy. My feelings are not based on this incident. He was a dick when he played here. 

Archived