This game sucks

1 hour ago, qnet said:

Yeah,  I hate to keep opening this old wound, but I agree. I think the Chiefs would have won the SB. Their offense hadn't been stopped by anyone.

Not to be argumentative, but Sutton would have been shitting in his depends the entire game if we made it.  No way would Sutton’s D have held the Rams to 3 points (or 30 points for that matter).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Well, looked to me like the patriots were physically superior....

In my view McVays offense was horribly out coached by BB.  Unlike Reid he had no effective adjustments. The Pats just seemed to constantly know what was coming the same way their offense did against our D.  Rams defensive front just wore out from being on the field all day. 

54 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Not to be argumentative, but Sutton would have been shitting in his depends the entire ga,e if we made it.  No way would Sutton’s D have held the Rams to 3 points (or 30 points for that matter).

Agree. We likely lose on a very late score. Would have been far more entertaining especially for neutrals. Andy would never have been as badly outcoached as McVay was today. In the end the four conference title teams were clearly better than anyone else and not much separated these four. 

Moving forward having a DC that’s proven he can game plan for big games is crucial to taking next step. Now it’s up to Veach to give him tools in a tricky offseason on that side of ball. Offense will be lethal again. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

In my view McVays offense was horribly out coached by BB.  Unlike Reid he had no effective adjustments. The Pats just seemed to constantly know what was coming the same way their offense did against our D.  Rams defensive front just wore out from being on the field all day. 

Agree, but I think it's more than that.  Yes, we adjusted, but Mahomes is light years ahead of Goff.  We lit them up in the second half after adjusting because we have a superior QB.  Goff, while decent, is vastly overrated in my opinion, and it showed.  The game is easy when things are going your way, but hard when it's not.  We saw our young QB come out when the game wasn't going his way and pick his entire team up.  That's why our future is so bright, and why the Rams will be crap in a couple years after mortgaging picks.

7 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Agree, but I think it's more than that.  Yes, we adjusted, but Mahomes is light years ahead of Goff.  We lit them up in the second half after adjusting because we have a superior QB.  Goff, while decent, is vastly overrated in my opinion, and it showed.  The game is easy when things are going your way, but hard when it's not.  We saw our young QB come out when the game wasn't going his way and pick his entire team up.  That's why our future is so bright, and why the Rams will be crap in a couple years after mortgaging picks.

I thought the same thing while watching Goff play very mediocre today.

7 hours ago, moons314 said:

I don’t disagree at all.  Goff looks like a really good system guy rather than an potential elite carry a team when needed type. 

But unlike Andy who really helped his QB with some great adjustments especially on those wide open wheel routes and RB reverse screens, McVay didn’t seem to help his would be my point. At one point when Gurley came in Romo said they are gonna run a screen to him before the snap. BB had his crew sitting on that play. There was a ton of that last night. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

BB is just the best around even when not cheating. He just beat two best offenses of the NFL in back to back games shutting them down for 7 quarters out of 8. 

Agree he’s the best ever. Just can’t argue because he carries Brady this year more than vise verse.

But they didn’t have us shut down when Andy has it figured it out and we had almost 150 yards of offense and two long TD drives in the third quarter alone (the second of which was finished 2 plays into the fourth quarter.  And of course we torched them in the fourth even more.  

13 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

The pats dline dominated the rams. They were super physical on defense. 

I personally think there was a lot of bad football being played. Nothing creative on offense and some incredibly bad quarterbacking, especially early. Edelman is literally the only person who did anything for 3 quarters plus. The Patriots were a couple of plays away from this game being a 30-0 romp, but Brady threw some awful passes early. It was just a game where it seemed both teams committed to stopping the run and there was zero imagination in the passing game. I don’t think the Patriots really had any all year. 

Watch out for the Rams to implod next year. Not sure if they are mentally though with all their problem children on that roster.

The pats dline dominated the rams. They were super physical on defense. 

I'll say this. Kyle Van Noy became an absolute beast in the playoffs. Still there is zero excuse for a team with that much offensive talent to score only 3 points. Patriots DLine did a great job, but it goes way deeper than that and primarily has to do with BB just living in McVays head and knowing all the Rams tendencies. And the Rams extemely high dollar defensive line put Brady on his butt most of the game. Should have been more than good enough to win. 

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

I personally think there was a lot of bad football being played. Nothing creative on offense and some incredibly bad quarterbacking, especially early. Edelman is literally the only person who did anything for 3 quarters plus. The Patriots were a couple of plays away from this game being a 30-0 romp, but Brady threw some awful passes early. It was just a game where it seemed both teams committed to stopping the run and there was zero imagination in the passing game. I don’t think the Patriots really had any all year. 

Watch out for the Rams to implod next year. Not sure if they are mentally though with all their problem children on that roster.

Rams just lived in the Patriots backfield which forced a bunch of hurried throws from Brady. In the end though I think BB was so confident he could stop Rams offense that he was going to be pretty conservative until they went for it on that fourth down try. 

Could be off base, but I think  the difference between the Pat/Chiefs game and the Pats/Rams is that the Chiefs can operate without a solid run game and the Rams can't.  Goff is effective if Gurley and Anderson are serious threats.  Stop them, and the Rams become average on offense. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Could be off base, but I think  the difference between the Pat/Chiefs game and the Pats/Rams is that the Chiefs can operate without a solid run game and the Rams can't.  Goff is effective if Gurley and Anderson are serious threats.  Stop them, and the Rams become average on offense. 

Definite truth in that against a good defensive mind like BB who has you beat when he can force you into uncomfortable situations. Unfortunately the Rams ran the ball like crap against the Chiefs and still scored 54 points. 

I thought the PATS defensive backfield was way superior to the Rams.   They had unique ways to get pressure on Goff who seemed to be hurried everytime he dropped back to throw.  The fact is,  part of it might have been that this was too big of a venue for Goff at this early stage in his career.    Don't know what next season will bring.   This game reminded me of old NFC games of the late sixties and early seventies between Bears, Packers and Vikings.   That was a time when defense was king.   I was not as bored as some of you were because I like defense and I played OLB   ( because we could use our hands LOL ).   But in the era of the forward pass,   it wasn't so entertaining to the casual football fan.

Yea, patriots were great at holding wr all the way through the playoffs 

Another good point.  The refs were apparently told to keep their hankies in their pockets in the playoffs and maybe the Pats figured that out before the other teams did.  

21 hours ago, sith13 said:

BB is just the best around even when not cheating. He just beat two best offenses of the NFL in back to back games shutting them down for 7 quarters out of 8. 

Eh.....the Chiefs scored 40-31 on them. If Chiefs had any semblance of a defense or a guy who knows how to line up on the correct side of the ball, the NFL world would be talking about how a first year starter at QB blew up BB's defense w/ 31 points in one QTR. to go to the SB. Sutton's defense is the reason Pats made it to SB, not BB's D.

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Eh.....the Chiefs scored 40-31 on them. If Chiefs had any semblance of a defense or a guy who knows how to line up on the correct side of the ball, the NFL world would be talking about how a first year starter at QB blew up BB's defense w/ 31 points in one QTR. to go to the SB. Sutton's defense is the reason Pats made it to SB, not BB's D.

It’s pretty amazing how similar all three of our games against the Super Bowl teams played out.  We rallied from a double digit deficit in all three games to take the lead late.  And then blow the lead really late.  Almost incredibly we scored 31 points in the second half of BOTH games against Billichicks defense  

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Too many IFs to dismiss his success IMO. We scored 31 in both 2nd halves and still BB managed to beat us with inferior talent, basically using what he has to the best extend. We put up 9 points in total during first halves and were destroyed in TOP in both games. I strongly believe it was BB's strategy all along and losing both games in a similar manner just shows how superior his coaching is against ours as we failed to learn and adapt. 

We are on the right track but BB definitely deserves the credit.

Archived