This game sucks

12 hours ago, sith13 said:

Too many IFs to dismiss his success IMO. We scored 31 in both 2nd halves and still BB managed to beat us with inferior talent, basically using what he has to the best extend. We put up 9 points in total during first halves and were destroyed in TOP in both games. I strongly believe it was BB's strategy all along and losing both games in a similar manner just shows how superior his coaching is against ours as we failed to learn and adapt. 

We are on the right track but BB definitely deserves the credit.

Andy took BBs defense to school in the second half of both games in a tale of two halves where BB dominated the first and Andy clearly better in the second. Both games were decided on the games final play with Sutton defintely being outflanked by McDaniel at crunch time. Spags knows how to win these games unlike Sutton and could swing the narrow advantage our way. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Andy took BBs defense to school in the second half of both games in a tale of two halves where BB dominated the first and Andy clearly better in the second. Both games were decided on the games final play with Sutton defintely being outflanked by McDaniel at crunch time. Spags knows how to win these games unlike Sutton and could swing the narrow advantage our way. 

Well BB has limited assets at his disposal when comparing to Chiefs offense. Chiefs loved to play with a lead all year long and I think taking that away was BB's focus in both games. It's not easy to contain such an offense with so much talent and creative playcalling all game long so I think BB focused on exactly that in the first half knowing that our defense was always problematic. Basically contain us and hope our defense fails, which looked like a sure bet all year long. 

57 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Well BB has limited assets at his disposal when comparing to Chiefs offense. Chiefs loved to play with a lead all year long and I think taking that away was BB's focus in both games. It's not easy to contain such an offense with so much talent and creative playcalling all game long so I think BB focused on exactly that in the first half knowing that our defense was always problematic. Basically contain us and hope our defense fails, which looked like a sure bet all year long. 

I don’t credit BB much on offensive side of scheme. He’s mostly defense like Andy’s offense. BB is the master at finding guys who buy into overall plan (Andy’s very good there too) and he’s as good as it gets at getting offenses away from what they do best   Plus he’s had the best QB in history for over a decade   Good coaches become great with the right QB.

We did have the lead in all 18 games this season and both games vs NE. So if that was primary game plan, it didn’t work. Defense just could not get critical stop vs the really good teams.  

Archived