Why was the Media crowding around Brady. He didn't do SH*T.

It’s.a game of inches. If Dee Ford lined up 10 inches behind where he did then Brady throws 3 INTs and goes out looking more like a goat rather than The GOAT.  

Yoy just can’t give that guy a second chance when you have a chance to close him out. He deserves the recognition even as it’s clear they leaned more on running game down the stretch.  

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

I'm not usually this guy...but what does this have to do with the Chiefs?

Why do we even have the other football forums?  I go straight to CTO ,always, and don't even look at the others. Why? Because they get a post like once a week.  It is not like if there was one football forum it would be inundated with non-Chiefs posts.

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

I'm not usually this guy...but what does this have to do with the Chiefs?

being it was the last game of the year  I decided not to move it and all other SB related posts. I assume the other Mods feel the same and we dont like to be over officious jerks. That being said  the inability of the posters not to figure out where a post belong shows a lot

I dont understand the notion that he didn't do shit. He was the QB for the team that won the SB. He did what he always does. Led a game sealing TD drive. Played mistake free except for an early tipped pass. Found the open receiver when he needed to.

Why was the media crowded around Brady?? Because he has played in 9 SB in the last 18 yrs and won 6 of them. No other QB has won more than 4. Elway is the only one who has even played in more than 4. What we are witnessing should be nearly impossible in league with a hard salary cap and a draft and schedule that goes by inverse order of standings. 

Im sick of watching NE do this. Judging by TV ratings most of America is too. But dont let that take away from the greatness of what they are achieving. You wont see it again. Ever. Thats why they were crowding around him.

58 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

The longer Brady plays and the more he declines, the more it seems to me that Belichick was the more important part of the duo.  

Belichick was almost 50 years old with a .398 winning percentage and was 5-13 with the Patriots when Tom Brady took over.  They won the Super Bowl that very year.  And he didn't take over because Belichick had the good sense to start him over Bledsoe, Bledsoe got hurt and forced his hand.  Tom Brady made Belichick a genius. 

Tom Brady is good but you can tell he’s fallen way off physically.  That was more Alex smithesque.   The D won them the SB with two dominant performances from a very pedestrian regular season group.   To me that’s coaching and gameplanning.   

They are a tough out and are seasoned.   I feel a little better knowing we played them way better and were one mistake away from knocking them off.

we learned and Mahomes gained invaluable experience.  Next year baring injuries will be our year to get there.

Just now, reesebobby said:

Belichick was almost 50 years old with a .398 winning percentage and was 5-13 with the Patriots when Tom Brady took over.  They won the Super Bowl that very year.  And he didn't take over because Belichick had the good sense to start him over Bledsoe, Bledsoe got hurt and forced his hand.  Tom Brady made Belichick a genius. 

I used to think that and there is a lot of truth in it but they complemented each other.  Brady was the ultimate game manager those early years.  This year the D won them the SB.   Tom was down right pedestrian.  His throws are generally to wide open wrs and gronk.  I’m saying this as a person who considers him the GOAT so I’m not digging him just stating that he benefits from playing with the GOAT at HC too.  They have helped each other become the greatest at what they do.  Neither are probably great without each other.

22 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I dont understand the notion that he didn't do shit. He was the QB for the team that won the SB. He did what he always does. Led a game sealing TD drive. Played mistake free except for an early tipped pass. Found the open receiver when he needed to.

Why was the media crowded around Brady?? Because he has played in 9 SB in the last 18 yrs and won 6 of them. No other QB has won more than 4. Elway is the only one who has even played in more than 4. What we are witnessing should be nearly impossible in league with a hard salary cap and a draft and schedule that goes by inverse order of standings. 

Im sick of watching NE do this. Judging by TV ratings most of America is too. But dont let that take away from the greatness of what they are achieving. You wont see it again. Ever. Thats why they were crowding around him.

I believe it is possible we will see this again with PMII, if the chiefs have a decent defense with Spags, and the right players in the right places. Players like Kelce, Hill, Watkins, another good RB and WR and maybe TE.  If the Chiefs can figure out a way to keep them long term when contract times come around.      

11 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I used to think that and there is a lot of truth in it but they complemented each other.  Brady was the ultimate game manager those early years.  This year the D won them the SB.   Tom was down right pedestrian.  His throws are generally to wide open wrs and gronk.  I’m saying this as a person who considers him the GOAT so I’m not digging him just stating that he benefits from playing with the GOAT at HC too.  They have helped each other become the greatest at what they do.  Neither are probably great without each other.

I agree that they have been good for each other.  And I'm not digging on Belichick, just saying that you can't ignore the Brady affect on his career.  He wouldn't have been a head coach for much longer at the rate he was going. 

Media and photographers, especially photographers, wanting to get the picture that makes them good money. Poor security control and really bad television moments.

The insistence of interviewing someone immediately after a game is dumb and worthless. Always has been, always will be.

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I agree that they have been good for each other.  And I'm not digging on Belichick, just saying that you can't ignore the Brady affect on his career.  He wouldn't have been a head coach for much longer at the rate he was going. 

Yeah I agree and I do believe for most of their careers, BB has gotten the better end of the deal.   That first year and this year have been more BB imo.    But you are absolutely right that had Brady not showed up BB wouldn't have lasted.   Crazy how one chance circumstance can change your life forever.

Archived