Councilman proposes moving Kansas City Chiefs home game to St. Louis

Half the people at our playoff tailgates were from St Louis. We already have plenty of base over there and don’t need to expand.  Heck Mahomes has added thousands of new fans without ever sacrificing a home game. If they want to expand untapped area then play a preseason game in Tulsa.  

31 minutes ago, West said:

Or Little Rock...

w

Great idea too. Big stadium there as well. And I doubt there's one Chiefs season ticket holder that would cry about not having to pay for a preseason game. As popular as Mahomes is they'd probably get a decent crowd down there and win over some new fans. 

Calm down.  He was bashing the international games and suggested if they wanted to take away a chiefs home game they could just put it in the StL instead of Mexico.  Yes I know it wasn't a home game for us, he was trying to make a point about developing the fanbases in NFL-less cities first.

4 hours ago, xen said:

But yes, preseason game in Tulsa please.  I'd buy a ticket to that.  Couple of decent sized markets here in OK they could develop.  Plus make us a secondary market already.  Jeez.

You’re crazy.  I’ve been to several preseason games and they’re horrible, watching a bunch of guys who won’t make the team running vanilla offense and defense. 

5 hours ago, xen said:

But yes, preseason game in Tulsa please.  I'd buy a ticket to that.  Couple of decent sized markets here in OK they could develop.  Plus make us a secondary market already.  Jeez.

Univ of Tulsa has a good size stadium for that type of deal. Would probably actually draw pretty well. Plus there’s not a ton of Chiefs fans there from my experience. It would be a great chance to add some more bulk to regional fan base in a million plus size city that has some real wealth and discretionary income.  

5 hours ago, xen said:

If they developed a decent fan base here maybe the local CBS affiliate wouldn't pick too show Cleveland because of Mayfield over KC as well.  

57 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Univ of Tulsa has a good size stadium for that type of deal. Would probably actually draw pretty well. Plus there’s not a ton of Chiefs fans there from my experience. It would be a great chance to add some more bulk to regional fan base in a million plus size city that has some real wealth and discretionary income.  

This is true.  

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

If they developed a decent fan base here maybe the local CBS affiliate wouldn't pick too show Cleveland because of Mayfield over KC as well.  

It really makes a ton of sense. Problem is the NFL already has season ticket holders hogtied into paying full price for preseason games and the Chiefs won’t easily give up that easy money.  With a little vision though they could expand their retainable revenue sources exponentially through the added market share.  And now with Mahomes is the time to strike. 

Archived