If you could....

Start this franchise over again and take any player in the history of the franchise as your first pick, who would it be?

It almost sounds crazy, but for me that guy would be #15.  That’s how big I think our opportunity is right now.  

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

Curious who you would choose as our coach from our history throughout this process 

Marty..altho  not the best for  the development of a QB certainly the one to  create a team.. the consummate teacher.... but I wouldn't argue against Reid either..  

4 hours ago, robgar said:

dt.. hrmm I gotta go with somebody named bell... 15 has potential but man ...

I think the reigning NFL MVP has more than potential.  That said I’d probably go Bell at number 2 unless I could get Super Joe in his prime.  

If the question is "which player who played for the Chiefs, however briefly, would you pick in order to have their entire career" then it's very obviously Montana vs. Mahomes, with the decision being about a proven 192-game career (regular season) vs. all of the upside in the world.  I would pick Mahomes but I understand the argument for Montana.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

If the question is "which player who played for the Chiefs, however briefly, would you pick in order to have their entire career" then it's very obviously Montana vs. Mahomes, with the decision being about a proven 192-game career (regular season) vs. all of the upside in the world.  I would pick Mahomes but I understand the argument for Montana.

Exactly. If we only get the Chiefs version of Joe Montana then he's not even on the registry as far as I'm concerned. If you get Montana straight out of college I'm not sure anyone could argue against him being the pick He was the GOAT before the modern GOAT. 

Player:  a. Joe Montana and his Championships.

b. Patrick Mahomes and his potential

Coach: Hank Stram  - he won championships, was years ahead with his Offensive Schemes and had what I think was the best defense of all time.

19 hours ago, West said:

Player:  a. Joe Montana and his Championships.

b. Patrick Mahomes and his potential

Coach: Hank Stram  - he won championships, was years ahead with his Offensive Schemes and had what I think was the best defense of all time.

After 71 Chiefs fell way off the radar.   St ram got the blame.   Held on to his stars too long.  Dawson played until 1975.   Taylor too.  I thought their decline started when Buchanan retired.  Everyone got old at once and St ram had not restocked.  Got the axe

Archived