NFL Off-season Schedule & Free Agency Discussion

dksww

Here's the full 2019 NFL off-season and regular season schedule.

Some key dates nearing are players can be franchise tagged by Feb 19th, must be tagged by 3/5 or the tag can't be used. 

NFL Scouting Combine is 2/26 to 3/4.

NFL Free Agency begins at 4PM EST on 3/13.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2018-19-important-nfl-dates/

• The topic was pinned

Looks like the CB FA market is pretty drab.  Maybe the Chiefs can get 1 or 2 in the first 3 picks depending on what they accomplish in FA otherwise?

He has Steven Nelson ranked about the same as Orlando Scandrick so I am not sold on Steven Nelson being in for a big pay day. 

Maybe the Chiefs can get him back on the cheap?

Fuller

Ward

Nelson

T. Smith

Draft Pick

16 hours ago, DieHard said:

I would take Nelso back on the cheap in a minute. Something tells me he gets more than we would pay though.

Maybe they could make a run at McCourty instead?  NE usually lets guys walk and they have like 12 draft picks this year.

I also wouldn't mind them taking a hard look at T. Eifert or J. James at TE.  Would give us solid, veteran depth and we wouldn't have to use the draft for it.

Thoughts on all the free agents we have like Ford, Nelson, Morse, Ware, Benjamin, Harris and Scandrick:

If the Chiefs make minor/small moves(or none) in FA we could be in line for 3-4 decent comps next year.  I think the most you can get is 4 total comps, but it's possible they all can be 3rds. 

Ford, Nelson and Morse could draw big FA deals that would give KC a good chance at netting 3 3rds.

A tag and trade of Ford should get back at least a 2nd rounder, coupled with a 3rd or 4th;  Similar to the Peters deal.

Interesting to see the approach this off-season, do we just let guys go and replace them in the draft loading up for next year's draft?

OR

Do we try to replace our own free agents like Nelson with an upgrade, while keeping Ford?  Make a run at Landon Collins?

Regardless, I think KC will have quite a few comp picks coming their way next off-season just based on the sheer volume of free agents they have and if Nelson and Morse sign elsewhere, they're getting paid which should get us 2 3rds. 

This is going to be a wild off-season for KC.  So close to greatness, but they do need to do some cleaning up of the roster.

The Ravens have cut Eric Weddle and are rumored to be pursuing Tyrann Mathieu.

Sounds like the Raiders and Broncos have pushed the hardest to get Antonio Brown, can't imagine he would be happy with those 2 QB situations.

I'm also seeing on Twitter the Chiefs' are making Landon Collins their # 1 free agent target.

ACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars released five players on Friday, headlined by defensive tackle Malik Jackson, a move that will save the team $30 million. In addition to Jackson, the Jaguars also released safety Tashaun Gipson, running back Carlos Hyde, right tackle Jermey Parnell and long snapper Carson Tinker. The moves were made, in part, to create salary-cap space to sign a veteran quarterback, expected to be Nick Foles.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26190350/jackson-hyde-gipson-5-released-jags

Thoughts on Jackson?

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

ACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars released five players on Friday, headlined by defensive tackle Malik Jackson, a move that will save the team $30 million. In addition to Jackson, the Jaguars also released safety Tashaun Gipson, running back Carlos Hyde, right tackle Jermey Parnell and long snapper Carson Tinker. The moves were made, in part, to create salary-cap space to sign a veteran quarterback, expected to be Nick Foles.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26190350/jackson-hyde-gipson-5-released-jags

Thoughts on Jackson?

I saw that, I would be interested in Jackson and Gipson to KC for sure.

Six-time Pro Bowl safety Eric Weddleplans to sign a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Rams, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Sources told ESPN that Weddle could make up to $12.5 million over the two years of the deal with $5.25 million guaranteed. Weddle, 34, arrived in Los Angeles on Thursday night, spent Friday with the Rams and wants to be a member of the defending NFC champions, the source told Schefter.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26194823/source-pro-bowl-s-weddle-plans-join-rams

31 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

LT Brown from the pats is signing with raiders 

Former Patriots’ OT Trent Brown intends to sign a four-year, $66 million contract that includes $36.75 million guaranteed with the Oakland Raiders, per source, making him highest paid OL in NFL History

Archived