Hunt signed by Browns

I know it is a long shot, but if the Chiefs re-sign Kareen Hunt, will his rookie contract years still apply or will he get as big of a contract as he could get as a free agent? 

UPDATED: Way to go Chiefs!  You really showed him.  Hunt doesn't lose much.  The Browns get a big gain on their team.  And the Chiefs...the Chiefs...well, we showed him!!!   

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pissed when we cut him, before it became public that there were 3 different incidents.  I believe in second chances, but it shouldn't be here.  He let his teammates down, and who knows, had he not gone full dumbass, and he's available in the playoffs, maybe that first half against NE goes differently, and we play in the Super Bowl? There was too much on the line for the organization last year when Hunt's bs caught up with him.  

There's is going to have to be substantial evidence that he's made true life changes. I want a breathalizer in his cars, weekly 12 step program, counseling,  you name it. We could sign him, the kid still has to sit at least 6 games and cut him again if he hunts at still being a party boy. 

I would welcome him back with open arms.. I’m not going to argue with what he did was wrong, but just from a talent standpoint I haven’t seen anyone with his balance through contact maybe ever.. the kid is special, and if he can mature fast enough to get out of his own way he could have a special career.. I hope it’s in K.C.!

I don't see him coming back. The Chiefs would need to do some serious damage control and explaining, and even then it still may not be enough. The Chiefs really had a powerhouse combo between Hunt, Mahomes and Hill. All young guys drafted & developed by the Chiefs. Hunt really screwed the Chiefs with his stupidity. 

If they found Hunt in the draft, I don't see why they can't do it again with another RB. Difficult, but not impossible. 

An intelligent person doesn't do this stuff and you can never trust an idiot not to do it. He clearly has psychological issues, why tie up millions to such headcases and create distractions? 

Teams will jump on talented headcases for minimal financial risk but it's not always low risk - high reward situation. An incident at the wrong time later in the season could mean the SB for some teams.

I disagree with that. A lot of female chiefs fans were upset we cut him. While it is never ok to assault a woman. Hunt was antagonized and clearly was drunk. Has some anger issues that need to be addressed. If he comes back and produces, all will be forgiven. For him to come back to KC, it has to be on a cheaper deal than he will get elsewhere and he has to mend the wounds with the coaches and his teammates. Veach reached out with an olive branch. I think also was looking for a response by the fan base. From what I can see, there was not  lot of people screaming no way.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

An intelligent person doesn't do this stuff and you can never trust an idiot not to do it. He clearly has psychological issues, why tie up millions to such headcases and create distractions? 

Teams will jump on talented headcases for minimal financial risk but it's not always low risk - high reward situation. An incident at the wrong time later in the season could mean the SB for some teams.

Whats your stance on extending Tyreek Hill?

38 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Whats your stance on extending Tyreek Hill?

Hill has been open about his stupidity and has been on a short leash pretty much his entire career. By comparison he deserves the benefit of the doubt more than a liar who has done things as a pro rather than a college player. That being said I wouldn't object if the management decided to keep away from Hill (due to reasons we don't yet know) or give him a deal with way too many conditions due to concerns. 

20 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Hill has been open about his stupidity and has been on a short leash pretty much his entire career. By comparison he deserves the benefit of the doubt more than a liar who has done things as a pro rather than a college player. That being said I wouldn't object if the management decided to keep away from Hill (due to reasons we don't yet know) or give him a deal with way too many conditions due to concerns. 

I just look at the fuy as someone who made bad choices and mistakes. I dont think of him as an idiot and a liar. But I seldom take the holier than though stance. I would never want to be permanently judged by the decisions I made at my worst. I want to be judged by how I respond to times Ive hit bottom. And there has been many.

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I just look at the fuy as someone who made bad choices and mistakes.

I would never want to be permanently judged by the decisions I made at my worst. I want to be judged by how I respond to times Ive hit bottom. And there has been many.

well stated

4 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

if they brought hunt back they would effectively be telling the female part of the chiefs fanbase that they don't give a shit about them...i love his talent but this would be a bad bad idea

How many women fans want the Chiefs to dump Tyreek?

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I just look at the fuy as someone who made bad choices and mistakes. I dont think of him as an idiot and a liar. But I seldom take the holier than though stance. I would never want to be permanently judged by the decisions I made at my worst. I want to be judged by how I respond to times Ive hit bottom. And there has been many.

Nobody would want that but everyone is responsible of them. Hunt made some bad decisions at his worst and he simply went on to make even worse decisions in the process. May be he learns and becomes a great human from now on and a great player but the risks will remain nonetheless. 

Archived