Hunt signed by Browns

38 minutes ago, jetlord said:

How many women fans want the Chiefs to dump Tyreek?

none ask them what he did and  I'd wager less than 25% remember IF they ever knew in the first place..even my wife does not thing the punishment fits the crime in regards to Hunt & I doubt yours does either.

all this  is like the Black Face outrage..just noise from holier than thow Bullshit artist

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 2/8/2019 at 4:21 PM, Docbarnabee said:

I think if the Chiefs ask him to come back he not only says yes, he does it for a lot less money.

He was still on his rookie contract.  It's a moot point, anyway.  He lied outright to the Chiefs staff, to the coaches and GM...to their faces.  He won't be back.  The team is no doubt considering ways, if he is released by the league from his suspension, to get some value out of it in a compensatory pick or draft picks.  But he will never be allowed to come back and actually play.  This is a passing league.  Good RB's have short careers and can all catch well, just like Kareem Hunt.  Both Williams' are fine pass catchers and runners.  Without KH, we need some more depth now, but that won't be a problem. We are still deep with Ware and both Damian and Darrel Williams.  We don't need some superstar back, just some good back who can block and catch.  

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He was still on his rookie contract.  It's a moot point, anyway.  He lied outright to the Chiefs staff, to the coaches and GM...to their faces.  He won't be back.  The team is no doubt considering ways, if he is released by the league from his suspension, to get some value out of it in a compensatory pick or draft picks.  But he will never be allowed to come back and actually play.  This is a passing league.  Good RB's have short careers and can all catch well, just like Kareem Hunt.  Both Williams' are fine pass catchers and runners.  Without KH, we need some more depth now, but that won't be a problem. We are still deep with Ware and both Damian and Darrel Williams.  We don't need some superstar back, just some good back who can block and catch.  

Ware is a FA who can’t stay healthy.  I doubt they bring him back.

6 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Ware is a FA who can’t stay healthy.  I doubt they bring him back.

It wouldn't break my heart.  Guys like him can be found without a big problem.  But anyway, how many RB's do not find it difficult to stay healthy?  Almost by definition, they are hit by bigger guys than they are, and while trying to make sharp cuts.  Being an RB is like Russian roulette. Depth is the whole key. 

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It wouldn't break my heart.  Guys like him can be found without a big problem.  But anyway, how many RB's do not find it difficult to stay healthy?  Almost by definition, they are hit by bigger guys than they are, and while trying to make sharp cuts.  Being an RB is like Russian roulette. Depth is the whole key. 

I don’t remember Kareem ever getting hurt. He kicked all the competition.

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, they did just get better, if he gets to see the field again.

Maybe after 8 games missed. He will not do much for them next year. Still a gamble that can pay off for any team with low risk other than the publicity part.

6 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Seeing on espn that the Browns signed him.

My god john dorsey just does not learn from his mistakes, what an asshat of a general manager. First the browns have some young good rbs.

secondly hunt’s highly publicized assault video occured IN CLEVELAND. 

thirdly dorsey was ran out of kc by mismanaging the cap and the marcus peters pick, and he is making the same type of mistakes again.

this is literally the worst possible place for kareem hunt to go

Its stupid how things work in the NFL.  Kareem Hunt f's up so the Chiefs are obligated to fire him or they will be vilified as an organisation that tolerates domestic abuse.  The Browns can then come along and pick up a great player and come out looking like the good guys who are willing to take a second chance on a young man who is taking the steps to make himself a better person.  Kareem will likely have to sit out a little longer but he will still make millions if he can keep his nose clean for awhile.  The only long term losers in this whole situation are the Chiefs. 

The league should institute some sort of compensation system for the Chiefs.  Whether it be like a compensatory pick or the Browns actually giving something up.

That is the worst possible place he could go in dealing with his anger and alcohol issues in my opinion.  It’s hanging out with his crew that he probably needs to avoid, not get closer too.  I do wish the man luck though. Hopefully this whole ordeal will change him.  I’d also expect at least 4-8 week suspension. 

15 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

My god john dorsey just does not learn from his mistakes, what an asshat of a general manager. First the browns have some young good rbs.

secondly hunt’s highly publicized assault video occured IN CLEVELAND. 

thirdly dorsey was ran out of kc by mismanaging the cap and the marcus peters pick, and he is making the same type of mistakes again.

this is literally the worst possible place for kareem hunt to go

Fact he’s from there would be a massive concern to me.  I would think that’s the worst place for him to sign.  I guess we will see over the next few years.  

Just saw this on Yahoo news  that John Darcey just signed Kareem Hunt to the Browns.   No mention of the contract amount or how long.  Just that they did the due diligence on the signing and will make sure he does what Godell give out for punishment and for rehab for anger management etc. 

1 year, 1 million dollar deal. Which looks to me like a raise considering his CAP hit in 2019 with Chiefs including signing bonus was going to be $873,000.  So unless he had to return some of the bonus money, it looks on the surface like he's nearly doubling his short term cash in 2019 though this situation. 

He will still be a restricted free agent next offseason, so the Browns will have to tender him. It was estimated after next year the Chiefs were looking at a 4 year, 44.7 million dollar deal to retain him beyond 2020. 

Archived