Hunt signed by Browns

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Exactly. Chiefs overreacted. Should have suspended him and let the league deal out punishment. 

Three different incidents and that's what we know of... And he lied right to Andy and Clarks face about the entire thing. The Chiefs handled this exactly like they should have. I know if I lied to my employer about an issue which could embarass them, they would do the same to me.  

No matter where he ended up, who he surrounded himself with was going to be an issue.   I get that his crew is in Cleveland, but even if he went to a different city their was always going to be guys that have the potential to be a bad influence on him.   The one thing other cities don't have is his family right there as a support system which will big in his recovery.   I couldn't find what city he started his counseling and therapy in, but if he started it in clev it makes sense that he would want to stay there especially if he is in a support group that he feels comfortable with and has a sponsor that he is working with. Plus he has a gm that he knows and is comfortable with. 

I know I'm in the minority in thinking this isn't a bad thing, but he has issues no matter where he went.  So why not stick around a place that has a family support system in place which will in turn help him more.  His mom grandma and brother are probably going to hold him accountable better than anybody in other city.  That alone will be a big part of his recovery. 

14 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

No matter where he ended up, who he surrounded himself with was going to be an issue.   I get that his crew is in Cleveland, but even if he went to a different city their was always going to be guys that have the potential to be a bad influence on him.   The one thing other cities don't have is his family right there as a support system which will big in his recovery.   I couldn't find what city he started his counseling and therapy in, but if he started it in clev it makes sense that he would want to stay there especially if he is in a support group that he feels comfortable with and has a sponsor that he is working with. Plus he has a gm that he knows and is comfortable with. 

I know I'm in the minority in thinking this isn't a bad thing, but he has issues no matter where he went.  So why not stick around a place that has a family support system in place which will in turn help him more.  His mom grandma and brother are probably going to hold him accountable better than anybody in other city.  That alone will be a big part of his recovery. 

If he was supported better in Cleveland then you have to wonder why two of these incidents happened in Cleveland. You might be right, but history tells us that a player going back to his roots is generally the root of his problems. I mean maybe I'm wrong, but unless you are Sam Mayday Malone a person who struggles with alcohol probably isn't best served by getting a job in a bar. Or if you are on a diet Crispy Creme probably isn't the place you want to get part time work. There's always temptation anywhere, but it's defintely worse in certain situations and locations than others. 

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Exactly. Chiefs overreacted. Should have suspended him and let the league deal out punishment. 

They reacted just fine.  Kareem Hunt was a dumbass and because the NFL is a stupid league, he's essentially going to go forward because he fucked up.

But lol @ signing him to where he'll be at the worst possible area at all times.

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

He got it right.  John Dorsey would sign Rae Carruth if it meant winning a couple more games.

1 hour ago, NChiefsCorner said:

If the Browns can tag him when he becomes a free agent, maybe they trade Hunt and he never plays a down for the Browns.

He’s not eligible to be tagged until after 2020.  If he hasn’t played by then, his trade value will be less than nothing.  

We don’t even know if Goodell takes him off the exemption list any time soon.  He was always going to get a second chance somewhere. But he needs to prove to people he regrets everything and works his tail off to be better. I haven’t seen or heard anything to make me think his head or heart is in the right place yet.

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

If he was supported better in Cleveland then you have to wonder why two of these incidents happened in Cleveland. You might be right, but history tells us that a player going back to his roots is generally the root of his problems. I mean maybe I'm wrong, but unless you are Sam Mayday Malone a person who struggles with alcohol probably isn't best served by getting a job in a bar. Or if you are on a diet Crispy Creme probably isn't the place you want to get part time work. There's always temptation anywhere, but it's defintely worse in certain situations and locations than others. 

Meh.  He's a big boy.  If he can't keep it together in Cleveland, he probably won't be able to keep it together anywhere.

He obviously thinks it's a good move for himself and he knows the situation a hell of a lot better than we do.  He was an asshole, and he was appropriately humbled.  I'll be rooting for him.

So much media over a lying woman beater.  I don't give a shit if he's the second coming of Jim fucking Brown, he doesn't deserve all the attention.  He signed...whippee shit.  Once he serves his suspension we will see how he does.  other than that, it's a non-story to me. 

23 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

The Browns got considerably better.   He was always going to get a second chance.    I don't like what he did at all but lets not get it twisted.  Had he told the truth he would still be with the Chiefs today.    

Maybe, but he's still on the exempt list and waiting a significant suspension.  The Browns already have 2 good RBs and Chubb graded out as the #1 RB all year(PFF).

Considering CLE is where he is from and where the incident occurred, Hunt signing with the Browns makes 0 sense to me.

Archived