Flaccco to denver! Lol

11 hours ago, dksww said:

Sam Mellinger tweeted that the new Broncos are the old Chiefs lol

I think that's the closest to the truth.  Every franchise gets to go through a couple of decades of trying to win with strong defense and variably good to crappy offense, but they never win championships until they find a franchise quarterback and have to keep acquiring decent experienced QB's from other teams, hoping to surround them with enough playmakers and O-line to get them to the promised land.  But it takes luck to find that guy as much as great scouting and draft position.  This kind of  approach Denver has is sweet justice, especially because they had the ultimate advantage for so long and became accustomed to not needing the greatest coaches and the most playmakers.  Flacco will do well.  Maybe even as well as Trent Green or Joe Montana or Alex Smith did for us. The Broncos will be tough, but Flacco is not going to get them to the promised land, and they know it, not in a division with a Patrick Mahomes in it.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m glad elway is the Denver golden boy, because anyone else with his track record would’ve been axed by now. Elway should be mailing Manning a cut of his check every time he gets paid. Denver is a wreck, and elway shows no signs of being able to turn it around. The management of their qb position since manning retired would make Carl Peterson blush. 

18 hours ago, dksww said:

I understand, but again, my point is BAL has a stellar coaching staff and always has a good defense so to me, those are the main reasons for them having 6 seasons with a winning record.

Look at this way, Flacco was benched in Baltimore for a QB who can't even throw the ball yet.  They still won their division..

As far as Denver goes, they have a first year HC w/no experience and a pretty bad roster overall.  Is Flacco good enough to elevate them to a winning record?  I dont' think so, not with out a top HC and defense.

And yes, I can brush them away, because for all those years they, or whoever else we faced that trotted out a HOF QB and we didn't against, we lost.

Now that we have Mahomes, it's us that will be the ones that drive all these teams like this crazy and win most of the time, due to having the better QB.

Denver ended the season with at best, the 3rd best QB in the AFCW.  They STILL, at best, have the 3rd best QB in the AFCW. 

Flacco got hurt, not benched. When he was ready to come back, they were on a roll with LJ and the Wing T offense so why change up?

Flacco was above avg in my opinion- they did not miss the playoffs in 16 and 17 because of Joe- the 'stellar' defense gave up drives in the last minute of each game.

17 hours ago, Balto said:

Fact is the Ravens would not of replaced Flacco is he was worth his $20M contract.  Remember at the time they gave him that contract I believe he had just won them a super Bowl and had ZERO better options to replace him...Flacco kinda had them by the Balls

he is on an extension from that contract- he reworked it in 14 or 15 i believe.

Also pretty interesting within league circles that Alex Smith was considered a better QB than Flacco based on interest and compensation.  To me Flacco is Alex Smith with a better arm and less athleticism. But again when your competition is the youngest MVP in league history, these comparisons make it clear the Donkeys are fighting an uphill battle.  

20 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Flacco has been garbage since the super bowl and that was with a team with a more dominant defense than Denver is fielding. He’s an upgrade over Keemun, though. Good news for Chiefs. Better coach and better QB usually wins the game. No question here who has the better duo. 

Who did they put around him? Steve Smith? LOL. John Brown and Crabtree?

"Since entering the league in 2008, Flacco has won 10 playoff games. Only Brady has won more over that span". -ESPN

He beat the Pats twice in Foxboro in the post season- only QB to do that in the Belichik era. He would have had a 3rd win their in the AFC Championship game in 2011 if 1) a WR doesn't drop a TD pass or 2) a kicker doesn't shank a 32 yd field goal. In this same game , 'the stellar" or "Vaunted" baltimore defense gave up 2, TWO, 14 pt leads in the game, I believe it was in the 2nd half even.

So while Joe wasn't a Stat machine, he won. " Flacco produced 116 victories despite never having a No. 1 wide receiver in his prime, lacking an All-Pro running back since Ray Rice in 2013 and going through five offensive coordinators in seven seasons. "-ESPN

He's not PM or PM2 or Aaron Rodgers- but he's won more than Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Rivers, Smith or any other QB not named Rothlisburger or Brady.

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Also pretty interesting within league circles that Alex Smith was considered a better QB than Flacco based on interest and compensation.  To me Flacco is Alex Smith with a better arm and less athleticism. But again when your competition is the youngest MVP in league history, these comparisons make it clear the Donkeys are fighting an uphill battle.  

No doubt- he was never Elite but what does that get you? Matt Ryan, Stafford??? Cam Newton?

11 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

"Since entering the league in 2008, Flacco has won 10 playoff games. Only Brady has won more over that span". -ESPN

He beat the Pats twice in Foxboro in the post season- only QB to do that in the Belichik era. He would have had a 3rd win their in the AFC Championship game in 2011 if 1) a WR doesn't drop a TD pass or 2) a kicker doesn't shank a 32 yd field goal. In this same game , 'the stellar" or "Vaunted" baltimore defense gave up 2, TWO, 14 pt leads in the game, I believe it was in the 2nd half even.

So while Joe wasn't a Stat machine, he won. " Flacco produced 116 victories despite never having a No. 1 wide receiver in his prime, lacking an All-Pro running back since Ray Rice in 2013 and going through five offensive coordinators in seven seasons. "-ESPN

He's not PM or PM2 or Aaron Rodgers- but he's won more than Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Rivers, Smith or any other QB not named Rothlisburger or Brady.

Flacco and Case Keenum are the same dude:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=12o9G

9 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The greatest justice of all would be if Denver traded all their choices away to move way up near the top of the first round to get a QB and drafted a can't miss guy like Todd Blackledge.  Wouldn't that be grand?

It sounds like they might do that in order to get Antonio Brown.  I can't imagine he would be happy with landing in Denver now.

10 minutes ago, sith13 said:

It would be even sweeter if Elway can't find a buyer for Keenum and pay around 40 million for 2 of the worst QBs in AFC West.

He won't.  Nobody's giving up a draft pick for Case Keenum. 

34 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

You were really advocating for the Ravens WRs and TEs before last season.  Seemed like a pretty solid group but maybe Crabs just hit a wall?

15 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You were really advocating for the Ravens WRs and TEs before last season.  Seemed like a pretty solid group but maybe Crabs just hit a wall?

Yes I was, the wall was called Lamar Jackson..... Look at the splits between Joe and Lamar.

John Brown      Rec    Yds     Avg    TD   LNG

Games 1-8      33        613    18.6      4     71 

Games 9-16       9      102      11.3      1      25        

CRABTREE

Games 1-8       39        460     11.8      2      27

Games 9-16      15       147        9.8    1       18

the two Rookie TE's Andrews and Hurst will be beasts going forward

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

No doubt- he was never Elite but what does that get you? Matt Ryan, Stafford??? Cam Newton?

To me it’s become 90 percent about the money. Once your QB, no matter how good, is overpaid as most 2nd or 3rd contract guys are; you are fighting an uphill battle as a franchise.  Worse is when you have to start throwing in draft picks to get an overpaid QB.  

I think you may be better off overall with an average guy on a rookie deal although ultimately those types rarely win Super Bowls. But we do know once a QB takes up to much of the CAP Pie, those teams don’t win Super Bowls either.  Slippery slope. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

To me it’s become 90 percent about the money. Once your QB, no matter how good, is overpaid as most 2nd or 3rd contract guys are; you are fighting an uphill battle as a franchise.  Worse is when you have to start throwing in draft picks to get an overpaid QB.  

I think you may be better off overall with an average guy on a rookie deal although ultimately those types rarely win Super Bowls. 

Agreed- Baseball is figuring out  that the 10 year, 200 mill deals are stupid as they never result in a WS win.

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I think you may be better off overall with an average guy on a rookie deal although ultimately those types rarely win Super Bowls. 

I think that simply describes Wilson back when he was on a rookie deal. Definitely a much better QB now but he was simply a solid game manager that was slowly progressing but cost almost nothing as a mid round pick. They built a great defense with abundance of money and never had a trip to the SB ever since paying Wilson after doing it back to back on his rookie deal.

Pretty much every team would want Wilson's rookie deal performance but just a few steps back would also be decent enough for consistent trip to the postseason. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

It would be even sweeter if Elway can't find a buyer for Keenum and pay around 40 million for 2 of the worst QBs in AFC West.

I can't imagine why anyone would trade for Keenum. He had fool's gold in Minnesota and Denver came calling. But this last year at Denver hardly made anyone stand up and notice. With other serviceable QB's available why would anyone trade draft capital and pay Keenum what he is due to make? Denver is in the "lesser of 2 evils" scenario with Keenum. Either keep him, pay him and eat a lot of salary cap to sit on the bench and Elway looks stupid...or cut him and eat less cap but still a lot and Elway looks stupid. Or the third option....show Horse Face up in the box suite on Sundays this next year...in which case he will look stupid.

Great time to be a Chiefs fan.😀

image.png.15bc2a20ff8f0356ea88a26e721af930.png

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Giddy Chiefs fan need to remember that the deal is not official for 27 days- either side can back out with zero repercussions.

True. However since we did the exact same thing with Alex Smith it seems very likely this will go through as negotiated. Heck if it doesn't for some reason it just makes the Broncos look worse. 

Archived