Flaccco to denver! Lol

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, xen said:

Who cares.  If it doesn't go through, they roll with Keenum who, once again, is the same guy as Flacco, and we're back to "Bwaaaaaahahahhahahahahahaa" with the added bonus that Elway looks even more like a jackass.

That look on Elway's face after the left handed pass and ultimate game winning drive is still priceless to me. To me all I saw was Elway thinking "How the heck are we supposed to beat this guy the next decade."  Apparently another teams castoff at QB and a hiring a 60 year old fisrt time head coach who practiced against Andy's offense all of last year is all he could come up with.  

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Giddy Chiefs fan need to remember that the deal is not official for 27 days- either side can back out with zero repercussions.

Shouldn't you be giddy?  If anyone is gonna back out it's the Broncos lol

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Who did they put around him? Steve Smith? LOL. John Brown and Crabtree?

"Since entering the league in 2008, Flacco has won 10 playoff games. Only Brady has won more over that span". -ESPN

He beat the Pats twice in Foxboro in the post season- only QB to do that in the Belichik era. He would have had a 3rd win their in the AFC Championship game in 2011 if 1) a WR doesn't drop a TD pass or 2) a kicker doesn't shank a 32 yd field goal. In this same game , 'the stellar" or "Vaunted" baltimore defense gave up 2, TWO, 14 pt leads in the game, I believe it was in the 2nd half even.

So while Joe wasn't a Stat machine, he won. " Flacco produced 116 victories despite never having a No. 1 wide receiver in his prime, lacking an All-Pro running back since Ray Rice in 2013 and going through five offensive coordinators in seven seasons. "-ESPN

He's not PM or PM2 or Aaron Rodgers- but he's won more than Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Rivers, Smith or any other QB not named Rothlisburger or Brady.

One of those game he was 4 for 10 for 34 yards and an INT.

Yeah, he tore their asses up!

Flaccid is the definition of mediocre.

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

"Since entering the league in 2008, Flacco has won 10 playoff games. Only Brady has won more over that span". -ESPN

Flacco also hasn't led a team into the playoff in four seasons, much less win a game. I think those wins used to give him some real credibility but clearly that's that the case this far removed from them. 

11 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Who did they put around him? Steve Smith? LOL. John Brown and Crabtree?

He beat the Pats twice in Foxboro in the post season- only QB to do that in the Belichik era. He would have had a 3rd win their in the AFC Championship game in 2011 if 1) a WR doesn't drop a TD pass or 2) a kicker doesn't shank a 32 yd field goal. In this same game , 'the stellar" or "Vaunted" baltimore defense gave up 2, TWO, 14 pt leads in the game, I believe it was in the 2nd half even.

So while Joe wasn't a Stat machine, he won. " Flacco produced 116 victories despite never having a No. 1 wide receiver in his prime, lacking an All-Pro running back since Ray Rice in 2013 and going through five offensive coordinators in seven seasons. "-ESPN

He's not PM or PM2 or Aaron Rodgers- but he's won more than Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Rivers, Smith or any other QB not named Rothlisburger or Brady.

Great QB's raise the level of players around them.  Nobody knows that better than Chief's fans.  Flacco won some playoff games as much or more because of a perennially top-ten defense - not because of his skills.  Nobody has ever been or ever will be scared of Flacco elevating the level of play of his teammates.  That said - as a Chief's fan - I'm thrilled Denver is eating a ton of cap space and taking on Flacco. 

11 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Giddy Chiefs fan need to remember that the deal is not official for 27 days- either side can back out with zero repercussions.

That's even worse for either side as both front offices lose a lot of credibility in the process. Broncos rolling with Keenum instead of Flacco and looking like a$$holes is another win scenario for us. 

15 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Great QB's raise the level of players around them.  Nobody knows that better than Chief's fans.  Flacco won some playoff games as much or more because of a perennially top-ten defense - not because of his skills.  Nobody has ever been or ever will be scared of Flacco elevating the level of play of his teammates.  That said - as a Chief's fan - I'm thrilled Denver is eating a ton of cap space and taking on Flacco. 

Never said he was great-Never said "He elevated the level of play of his teammates

Aside from this year, they Front Office failed to put dynamic receivers and playmakers around him.

Few QB's can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Only Brady can with a no name cast. Every other successful qb has stars around him.And even then, they cannot win the SB.

I think Mahomes is a real talent and will be great for a long time but I think his brilliance has earsed your memory of bad qb play. Or at least colored your thinking on what a good qb is vs what great qb is....

Mahomes will eat up a ton of cap space soon, forcing the Hills and Kelce's to move on to greener pastures. Maybe they draft new WR's and TE's who have success or maybe they end up like Rodgers in GB...who knows.

19 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Flacco also hasn't led a team into the playoff in four seasons, much less win a game. I think those wins used to give him some real credibility but clearly that's that the case this far removed from them. 

2015- beat the Steelers lost in NE in AFC CG

28 of 45 for 292yds  4TD  2INT        QB Rating 92.5

26 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

2015- beat the Steelers lost in NE in AFC CG

28 of 45 for 292yds  4TD  2INT        QB Rating 92.5

In the four seasons since then.  Nothing.  It’s why the Chiefs could demand more for Alex Smith.  

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Never said he was great-Never said "He elevated the level of play of his teammates

Aside from this year, they Front Office failed to put dynamic receivers and playmakers around him.

Few QB's can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Only Brady can with a no name cast. Every other successful qb has stars around him.And even then, they cannot win the SB.

I think Mahomes is a real talent and will be great for a long time but I think his brilliance has earsed your memory of bad qb play. Or at least colored your thinking on what a good qb is vs what great qb is....

Mahomes will eat up a ton of cap space soon, forcing the Hills and Kelce's to move on to greener pastures. Maybe they draft new WR's and TE's who have success or maybe they end up like Rodgers in GB...who knows.

Is Flacco related to you or do you owe him money?  I recognize he was a member of the Ravens super bowl team, but you’re on here pimping his talents as though you’re his publicist or agent. Flacco is an average an qb at best and his best days are behind him. I’m thrilled the Donkey’s are trading for him. 

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

Is Flacco related to you or do you owe him money?  I recognize he was a member of the Ravens super bowl team, but you’re on here pimping his talents as though you’re his publicist or agent. Flacco is an average an qb at best and his best days are behind him. I’m thrilled the Donkey’s are trading for him. 

In defense of Hands, I have a feeling a lot of us would be pimping for him, had we won a Superbowl with him, even it were a decade ago. I think Denver could be a very good team with Flacco and a dominant defense, but as we've seen, that only gets you to the dance, even with a dominant defense.  You have to have a top tier QB to actually win and advance in the playoffs.  I seem to recall that the Ravens had a very dominant defense at the time.  I doesn't concern me that he will be playing in our division.  The Denver defense is better than average, but it won't be close to enough with Flacco as the QB.  Just my opinion, of course.

Flacco's contract isn't terrible in the sense that it doesn't contain any guaranteed money, but he's certainly not cheap. He'll cost the Broncos $18.5 million in 2019, $20.25 million in 2020 and $24.25 million in 2021. Those are his salaries and his cap hits. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-flacco-heading-to-broncos-in-trade-as-ravens-shake-up-offseason-qb-market/

What is his cap hit if they were to cut him before the contract is up?

3 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Flacco's contract isn't terrible in the sense that it doesn't contain any guaranteed money, but he's certainly not cheap. He'll cost the Broncos $18.5 million in 2019, $20.25 million in 2020 and $24.25 million in 2021. Those are his salaries and his cap hits. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-flacco-heading-to-broncos-in-trade-as-ravens-shake-up-offseason-qb-market/

Big. I don't recall.  Something like 24 million?

1 hour ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

No guaranteed money left. They cut him they dont owe anything.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/joe-flacco-4000/#

On 2/15/2019 at 7:47 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

In defense of Hands, I have a feeling a lot of us would be pimping for him, had we won a Superbowl with him, even it were a decade ago. I think Denver could be a very good team with Flacco and a dominant defense, but as we've seen, that only gets you to the dance, even with a dominant defense.  You have to have a top tier QB to actually win and advance in the playoffs.  I seem to recall that the Ravens had a very dominant defense at the time.  I doesn't concern me that he will be playing in our division.  The Denver defense is better than average, but it won't be close to enough with Flacco as the QB.  Just my opinion, of course.

i wouldn't say 'pimp' but I do defend him because of unfair criticism he takes. Sure he is not a stat machine ala Stafford or Ryan or fiery competitor like Rivers but he wins....

Ravens defense was ranked 17th that year- hardly dominant.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

i wouldn't say 'pimp' but I do defend him because of unfair criticism he takes. Sure he is not a stat machine ala Stafford or Ryan or fiery competitor like Rivers but he wins....

Ravens defense was ranked 17th that year- hardly dominant.

Those are good points.  I didn't realize they were statistically in the middle of the range that year. There are other factors, though. The opponent may have had a less than average day, might have traveled farther, to play or may have had more injuries at the time or got more penalties charged. I don't even remember their opponent.  I do know that Alex Smith could have won a superbowl with us, but he didn't have a dominant defense, and he was unable to carry the weight of the team on his shoulders like a QB has to do in a playoff game when things are on the line and the opponent's defense is playing great.

Archived