Flaccco to denver! Lol

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/18/2019 at 2:33 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

Those are good points.  I didn't realize they were statistically in the middle of the range that year. There are other factors, though. The opponent may have had a less than average day, might have traveled farther, to play or may have had more injuries at the time or got more penalties charged. I don't even remember their opponent.  I do know that Alex Smith could have won a superbowl with us, but he didn't have a dominant defense, and he was unable to carry the weight of the team on his shoulders like a QB has to do in a playoff game when things are on the line and the opponent's defense is playing great.

Flacco SB run-> 11 TDS, Zero INTs

Montana- esque

On 2/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, Mloe68 said:

In the four seasons since then.  Nothing.  It’s why the Chiefs could demand more for Alex Smith.  

2014- Defense gives up two 14 pt leads- lose 35-31

Again, 2015- torn ACL- missed last 6 games of year.

2016- lose on Christmas day to Steelers on the "Immaculate Extension" by AB- that's on the defense

2017- lose on 4th and 12 to the Bengals- that's on the defense again.

Alex Smith and 2nd rd pick is a result of the Redskins mismanagement- not AS success. Don't kid yourself. They were desperate after Cousins walked....

You know all this laughter about what the Donks have become is kind of ironic. In my lifetime they have played in 7 Superbowls and we have played in 0. I wonder what their fans think of us?

I think we are going to play in the 2019 SB for the record. But that doesnt change the fact that as fans we really dont have a leg to stand on when comparing ourselves to them. We still havent done shit when we are talking about what really matters...Lombardi's.

40 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You know all this laughter about what the Donks have become is kind of ironic. In my lifetime they have played in 7 Superbowls and we have played in 0. I wonder what their fans think of us?

I think we are going to play in the 2019 SB for the record. But that doesnt change the fact that as fans we really dont have a leg to stand on when comparing ourselves to them. We still havent done shit when we are talking about what really matters...Lombardi's.

Right, but now they're the ones skipping on QB in the draft and signing retread QBs that other teams are letting go.  That's what we're making fun of. 

Ya, it worked out for them when they got Peyton Manning, but that was a once in a lifetime opportunity and Joe Flacco is NOT Peyton Manning.

Denver fans and media said all the same things about Keenum.  

I just don't buy that the fact that I'm supposed to believe Joe Flacco is better than Keenum because of what he did 6-10 years ago.

The Vegas odds makers have this correct, I posted it in this thread already but the minute they traded for him, Denver went from 100-1 SB odds to 125-1(Bovada).

Plus, like I posted earlier, DEN already had the worst QB in the division.  They spent a 4th round pick and $28M to have Flacco at QB instead of Keenum. 

They still have the worst QB in the division.

Hilarious.

55 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I disagree only because our management seems to better recognize how the Broncos got to those Super Bowls better than the Broncos do.  It’s a bizzaro world where our tactics seems to have switched.  We know the end result of picking up other teams castoffs better than anyone. And it doesn’t end well.  And yet Elway is running with this strategy anyway.  

And then there’s also the fact we’ve beaten Denver 7 straight times.  

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

2016- lose on Christmas day to Steelers on the "Immaculate Extension" by AB- that's on the defense

Alex Smith and 2nd rd pick is a result of the Redskins mismanagement- not AS success. Don't kid yourself. They were desperate after Cousins walked....

The Chiefs has multiple offers for Smith and all that were reported were for significantly better compensation than the Ravens are getting for Flacco.  I think it’s pretty clear Alex was valued more than Flacco is right or wrong  

And I give Brett Veach credit for at least considering where Alex wanted to be  and not just tossing him to highest bidder. Skins had a good chance to win that division before the injury.  Of course we know what happens after that. 

Most importantly though the Chiefs did the right thing trading Alex and no matter how it turns out with Jackson I think it’s clear so are the Ravens. 

47 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They're not to happy, it's just one guy but a good friend of mine in-spite of him being a donkey fan hates Elway now (as a GM obviously).  He said what most people have already said on here, they've become the new us and we've become the new them.  So hopefully we replicate their SB success while they suffer our previous playoff disasters...

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

You keep thinking that...

19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I disagree only because our management seems to better recognize how the Broncos got to those Super Bowls better than the Broncos do.  It’s a bizzaro world where our tactics seems to have switched.  We know the end result of picking up other teams castoffs better than anyone. And it doesn’t end well.  And yet Elway is running with this strategy anyway.  

Right, it's interesting to see even Chiefs' fans thinking another team like Denver has a shot at success doing the same things that failed the Chiefs for decades.

11 minutes ago, dksww said:

Right, it's interesting to see even Chiefs' fans thinking another team like Denver has a shot at success doing the same things that failed the Chiefs for decades.

I really think Elways desperation to beat us is clouding his judgement.  Sure an upgraded QB can perhaps help knock us off every once in a while, but at what cost. Again just more proof we are just way ahead of the game against our divisional foes. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

And then there’s also the fact we’ve beaten Denver 7 straight times.  

So you'd rather have 7 head to head wins against Denver than 7 trips to the big game in the last 40 yrs? Id make that trade any day. 

Im just saying we are laughing at their expense. And they have so far exceeded what we have accomplished here in KC its laughable. 

We are dominating our division in the regular season now. They've brought joy to their fans for 4 decades with trips to the SB in each of them.

It would be like a Raptors fan making fun of the Lakers if you get my drift. They are better now. Have been the last several years. But no rings. Big picture...we aint done shit yet. Time to go out and get it.

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So you'd rather have 7 head to head wins against Denver than 7 trips to the big game in the last 40 yrs? Id make that trade any day. 

Im just saying we are laughing at their expense. And they have so far exceeded what we have accomplished here in KC its laughable. 

We are dominating our division in the regular season now. They've brought joy to their fans for 4 decades with trips to the SB in each of them.

It would be like a Raptors fan making fun of the Lakers if you get my drift. They are better now. Have been the last several years. But no rings. Big picture...we aint done shit yet. Time to go out and get it.

Actually it is 8. They greased up and cap spaced for their first 2 wins after losing 4 prior and then went to 2 more with PM where they won 1 of them.

30 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Just different perspectives I guess. Back to back to back division titles, 7 straight wins vs them, recent playoff success with an AFC Title game berth and the better HC and QB going forward to accomplish even more...is very much worthy of bragging rights to me.

Heck it’s been reported the Donkeys offered their 2nd round pick and Talib last year for Alex Smith   Let that resonate for a minute   

We mock the Broncos because not only are we clearly better now, but have the clearly superior ammunition and plan going forward.  

This is supposed to be fun and personally Its fun beating up on Elway both on the field and off. 

42 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What do you mean by "they have so far exceeded what we have accomplished here in KC" ? 

Yes, the won 2 Super Bowls with a QB they drafted in J. Elway.  Yes, they also had one magical season with the corpse of Peyton Manning and a historic defense.

That's all in the past.  They're not drafting and grooming QBs.  The QBs they've drafted have been awful and were huge busts.

The reason we are laughing is because instead of drafting QBs, they're scared of it because of failing with Osweiler and Lynch 

I know they signed a defensive coach, but they're defense isn't what it was in the past and has as many question marks as ours.

They're taking the Carl Peterson approach and looking for the next Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac band-aid because they refuse to admit how bad they really are and try and rebuild.

12 minutes ago, dksww said:

What do you mean by "they have so far exceeded what we have accomplished here in KC" ? 

Yes, the won 2 Super Bowls with a QB they drafted in J. Elway.  Yes, they also had one magical season with the corpse of Peyton Manning and a historic defense.

That's all in the past.  They're not drafting and grooming QBs.  The QBs they've drafted have been awful and were huge busts. 

I know they drafted a defensive coach, but they're defense isn't what it was in the past and has as many question marks as ours.

It seems like you're willing to believe Denver can win the "Old Chiefs way" which is funny, because you've watched the Chiefs fail this same way for decades.

Again, what Denver did in the 90's and with PM doesn't apply here. 

Oh I think they will draft their own QB this year to groom. Likely in round 1. The old Chiefs way is something no other team would be moronic enough to try. To go over 30 years with retread QBs is something that only Chiefs fans would have to suffer through. 

But yes temporarily it will be kind of like what we used to do here.  Try and build a stout defense and play with someone elses castoff QB. I think they can improve this year. I dont think they can make any real noise. Eventually Elway will get fired, because hes a terrible GM.

I was just thinking along the lines of overall fanhood. Id never in a million years go talking shit to any of my family that live in Colorado and are die hard Donkey fans. How can I? Wtf have we done here? Hopefully thats all about to change.

11 minutes ago, dksww said:

The reason we are laughing is because instead of drafting QBs, they're scared of because of failing with Osweiler and Lynch 

I know they signed a defensive coach, but they're defense isn't what it was in the past and has as many question marks as ours.

They're taking the Carl Peterson approach and looking for the next Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac band-aid because they refuse to admit how bad they really are and try and rebuild.

They didn't even draft Elway.  The Colts did, but he held a gun to their head and forced a trade.  If he hadn't been a good baseball player, the Broncos would not have sniffed a Super Bowl for a long time. 

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Oh I think they will draft their own QB this year to groom. Likely in round 1. The old Chiefs way is something no other team would be moronic enough to try. To go over 30 years with retread QBs is something that only Chiefs fans would have to suffer through. 

But yes temporarily it will be kind of like what we used to do here.  Try and build a stout defense and play with someone elses castoff QB. I think they can improve this year. I dont think they can make any real noise. Eventually Elway will get fired, because hes a terrible GM.

I was just thinking along the lines of overall fanhood. Id never in a million years go talking shit to any of my family that live in Colorado and are die hard Donkey fans. How can I? Wtf have we done here? Hopefully thats all about to change.

For the record, I do understand where you are coming from on this.  It does seem that no matter what Denver does it always seems to work out in their favor. 

If they were drafting and grooming a QB, which is still possible, I would be less likely to write them off.  However, it seems they don't want to do that and are content with trying to win with retread QBs and defense. 

I think if they were going to draft and groom a QB they would've last year while drafting top 5 and not traded for Flacco.  Trading for Flacco shows me they think they can win now and are going to try that approach.  Flacco costs them 0 dollars to cut, but I still think they plan on him being there for 2 years unless he is just God awful.  Hopefully, he's just good enough to hover around 8-8 and they get the false sense of hope we got from this approach for decades.

BTW, I don't think Elway is going anywhere until the new ownership dispute is settled.

9 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

They didn't even draft Elway.  The Colts did, but he held a gun to their head and forced a trade.  If he hadn't been a good baseball player, the Broncos would not have sniffed a Super Bowl for a long time. 

True, but they could've easily just drafted Marino or Jim Kelly as well.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

That depends on what the Donks do in the draft. I never said this was a good long term plan for Flacco at QB. I think it is a viable stop gap while they draft and develop their own guy. But if the Donks don't draft a QB early this year, then they absolutely have to next year for their own success. I feel like this move was more about them trying to remain competitive while finding their long term QB. The Chiefs NEVER did that because they NEVER drafted a QB early. It was always QB projects that they drafted. So in my opinion, it is too early to say with certainty that the Donks are doing what the Chiefs used to do. The Donks have drafted a QB in round 1 with Elway at the Helm, and he started Tim Tebow (1st round pick) who was in his 2nd year when Elway took over.

Now all that said, I hope the Donks continue to fail at their pursuit of a QB.

59 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We are dominating our division, we dominated the AFC divisional playoff game and came one penalty from the Super Bowl with a 23 year old league MVP QB. Notion we didn’t do anything last year is nuts in my opinion.  

Archived