Flaccco to denver! Lol

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Now look at who he was throwing to.....

Other than Kelce, Smith didn't have much for targets either.  He had Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, and a lot of Donnie Avery, Albert Wilson, Dexter McCluster, and Chris Conleys.  His last year, Tyreek came around, but Smith had precious little to work with. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Other than Kelce, Smith didn't have much for targets either.  He had Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin, and a lot of Donnie Avery, Albert Wilson, Dexter McCluster, and Chris Conleys.  His last year, Tyreek came around, but Smith had precious little to work with. 

Good point. For Flacco to lag behind Alex's mediocre YPA numbers speaks volumes. 

• 2 weeks later...

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

If the reports are correct Elway dumped Keenum and a 7th for Washington's 6th in 2020. 

This probably does pave the way for them to draft a QB in the first round. Guys like Haskins or Lock are far from Mahomes quality but are both quality prospects that could become solid starters and should be available to Denver. If he passes to give Fangio more defensive help, I'm going to laugh. 

49 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

This probably does pave the way for them to draft a QB in the first round. Guys like Haskins or Lock are far from Mahomes quality but are both quality prospects that could become solid starters and should be available to Denver. If he passes to give Fangio more defensive help, I'm going to laugh. 

I don't mind Elway packaging a few picks for his next great young QB project, he'll find a way to screw it up :D

i think they are due a decent QB prospect early on that won't have to see the field for a while, not sure if that's possible with a veteran like Flacco as the starter. I'm pretty sure the fans will be chanting for the rookie to take over by week 5. 

11 hours ago, sith13 said:

If the reports are correct Elway dumped Keenum and a 7th for Washington's 6th in 2020. 

Yes, but gave up a 4th and paid at least 22M to have Joe Flacco instead. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I don't mind Elway packaging a few picks for his next great young QB project, he'll find a way to screw it up :D

i think they are due a decent QB prospect early on that won't have to see the field for a while, not sure if that's possible with a veteran like Flacco as the starter. I'm pretty sure the fans will be chanting for the rookie to take over by week 5. 

Elway has Joe Fucco....Fucco will play just good enough  for an outside playoff shot and be kept. Two seasons from now Elway, horse face, will be sent packing with Fucco. 

10 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Don't think either are there when the Broncos pick.  They probably should be, but they won't be.  Can't say I'll be sorry to see them have to trade up.  But hell, maybe Elway actually likes Flacco as a multiyear starter and not just a stopgap.  He shouldn't, but he is stupid enough that he probably does.

Archived