Flaccco to denver! Lol

36 minutes ago, dksww said:

I understand, but again, my point is BAL has a stellar coaching staff and always has a good defense so to me, those are the main reasons for them having 6 seasons with a winning record.

Look at this way, Flacco was benched in Baltimore for a QB who can't even throw the ball yet.  They still won their division..

As far as Denver goes, they have a first year HC w/no experience and a pretty bad roster overall.  Is Flacco good enough to elevate them to a winning record?  I dont' think so, not with out a top HC and defense.

And yes, I can brush them away, because for all those years they, or whoever else we faced that trotted out a HOF QB and we didn't against, we lost.

Now that we have Mahomes, it's us that will be the ones that drive all these teams like this crazy and win most of the time, due to having the better QB.

Denver ended the season with at best, the 3rd best QB in the AFCW.  They STILL, at best, have the 3rd best QB in the AFCW. 

We are going to continue to own this division other than the occasional flare ups as long as the other teams do not upgrade their QB situations (or heck coaching situations too for that matter). Even the Chargers are facing an uncertain future. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact is the Ravens would not of replaced Flacco is he was worth his $20M contract.  Remember at the time they gave him that contract I believe he had just won them a super Bowl and had ZERO better options to replace him...Flacco kinda had them by the Balls

1 hour ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Like I said, Flacco's entire career has not been a stat generating machine. BUT the Ravens had 1 losing season in 9 years.

They avoided a losing record last year because Lamar Jackson came in and went 6-1.  Joe Flacco is a middle of the pack NFL quarterback probably.  Probably low middle at this point in his career.   I think most people realize that he can win games in Denver, it's just that he's better for us than a lot of the options we could have ended up with.

13 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

They avoided a losing record last year because Lamar Jackson came in and went 6-1.  Joe Flacco is a middle of the pack NFL quarterback probably.  Probably low middle at this point in his career.   I think most people realize that he can win games in Denver, it's just that he's better for us than a lot of the options we could have ended up with.

Ive always been higher on Flacco than most. I think hes a dramatic improvement over Keenum with regard to arm talent, and they will damn sure be drafting Drew Lock at 10 to groom under him. 

Flacco is no world beater, but they improved with this move in my opinion. Keenum was a backup masquerading as a starter. I never understood the move. Elway realized he wasnt getting Cousins and immediately inked Case.

FInancially this hurts them. But Fangio clearly wanted someone else runnimg his offense. I like the move for them. And their defense is gonna be ridiculous. Fangio is one hell of a defensive coach.

37 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Ive always been higher on Flacco than most. I think hes a dramatic improvement over Keenum with regard to arm talent, and they will damn sure be drafting Drew Lock at 10 to groom under him. 

Flacco is no world beater, but they improved with this move in my opinion. Keenum was a backup masquerading as a starter. I never understood the move. Elway realized he wasnt getting Cousins and immediately inked Case.

FInancially this hurts them. But Fangio clearly wanted someone else runnimg his offense. I like the move for them. And their defense is gonna be ridiculous. Fangio is one hell of a defensive coach.

With what talent?  Their LBs and DBs are trash.  Sure, they have Miller, Harris and Chubb, but that's literally it on defense. 

Denver's defense ranked 22nd this year.  It's not like he's inheriting even  a top 15 defense to improve on.

Also, Denver has pretty much nothing on offense outside their 2 RBs.  No big threat WR, TE and their OL is awful.

I don't really see them any different than they have been.  Also, if I recall correctly, and I could be wrong, defensive coordinatoors to HC don't usually do very well.

I mean, Denver just went through this with Vance Joseph.

They'll get a 3rd place schedule and will be fortunate to go 8-8.

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

With what talent?  Their LBs and DBs are trash.  Sure, they have Miller, Harris and Chubb, but that's literally it on defense. 

Denver's defense ranked 22nd this year.  It's not like he's inheriting even  a top 15 defense to improve on.

Also, Denver has pretty much nothing on offense outside their 2 RBs.  No big threat WR, TE and their OL is awful.

I don't really see them any different than they have been.  Also, if I recall correctly, and I could be wrong, defensive coordinatoors to HC don't usually do very well.

I think Belichik would beg to differ, but who knows.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think Belichik would beg to differ, but who knows.

Any more examples or you going to lean on the 1 guy out of 25-30 that failed?  Rivera?  Harbaugh?  Not sure after that.  I'm talking recent success, modern day football. 

This article states that out of the last 48 coaches to be hired, only 21 of them came from the defensive side of the ball:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25656221/nfl-typical-first-year-head-coach-resume-experience-fits-2018

7 minutes ago, dksww said:

Theyve got Sanders and Sutton at WR. 2 good young backs like you said. Their line is terrible except for Paradis. Their D line is a beast with Wolfe, peko and Shelby Miller. Chubb and Von.

But yeah Elway is pretty bad at drafting and roster construction. Good coaches bring the best out in players though. They will have a good defense there. 

They arent in great cap shape though, so it'll take some work. I really liked the Fangio hire. I prefer offensive coaches myself, but he is a damn good coach.

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

Any more examples or you going to lean on the 1 guy out of 25-30 that failed?  Rivera?  Harbaugh?  Not sure after that.  I'm talking recent success, modern day football. 

This article states that out of the last 48 coaches to be hired, only 21 of them came from the defensive side of the ball:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25656221/nfl-typical-first-year-head-coach-resume-experience-fits-2018

Im glad you are so passionate about your hate for the Broncos. Not sure why you are bein dickish to me. I just gave an opinion. I think their defense will improve.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Theyve got Sanders and Sutton at WR. 2 good young backs like you said. Their line is terrible except for Paradis. Their D line is a beast with Wolfe, peko and Shelby Miller. Chubb and Von.

But yeah Elway is pretty bad at drafting and roster construction. Good coaches bring the best out in players though. They will have a good defense there. 

They arent in great cap shape though, so it'll take some work. I really liked the Fangio hire. I prefer offensive coaches myself, but he is a damn good coach.

Well ya, I mean every team has somebody to lean on but I just don't see them going from 6-10 to even 10-6 with the Flacco move and new HC.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Im glad you are so passionate about your hate for the Broncos. Not sure why you are bein dickish to me. I just gave an opinion. I think their defense will improve.

Sorry, was just asking.  I looked and it looks like maybe 5-6 HC's right now came from the D side of the ball.  That includes guys like Tomlin who've been coaching for 12 years.

It just seems guys like Fangio come and go when hired as HC. 

Are you optimistic on what the Chiefs' did for their defensive coaches?

32 minutes ago, dksww said:

Sorry, was just asking.  I looked and it looks like maybe 5-6 HC's right now came from the D side of the ball.  That includes guys like Tomlin who've been coaching for 12 years.

It just seems guys like Fangio come and go when hired as HC. 

Are you optimistic on what the Chiefs' did for their defensive coaches?

Yeah. Ive been a Spagnuolo fan since day 1. Hes cut from the Jimmy Johnson cloth. Sutton took the fun out of defense. Spags will bring it back. And his assistants...thats a staff!

4 hours ago, dksww said:

As far as Denver goes, they have a first year HC w/no experience and a pretty bad roster overall.  Is Flacco good enough to elevate them to a winning record?  I dont' think so, not with out a top HC and defense.

I wanted to talk about this earlier but had a meeting but this is an area that I think you are absolutely correct. First year head coach could prove to be a bad move with Flacco at QB. I think Flacco is a QB that requires certain environment to succeed and it will be interesting to see how this point plays out.

I also felt that way about Keenum. Thought he should have stayed with Vikings where they had a system in place to make the most of his talents. Unfortunately for Keenum the Vikings wanted Cousins.

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Not really a lot of good options I feel like in FA at QB this year for a team in need. Some young fools gold out there. So glad we don't have to worry about that for a long time. 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I wonder what the success factor of guys who get their first head coaching gig over 60 years old. To me this hire was all about trying to beat Andy and Patrick. That’s a slippery slope but shows how ahead of the game we are over this division. 

58 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I wonder what the success factor of guys who get their first head coaching gig over 60 years old. To me this hire was all about trying to beat Andy and Patrick. That’s a slippery slope but shows how ahead of the game we are over this division. 

Fangio deserved s shot before now imo. Guys like Mike Tomsula get HC gigs, but he hasnt???

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

i can see Keenum being traded to the Skins....they have nothing at QB right now

54 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i can see Keenum being traded to the Skins....they have nothing at QB right now

Why? There is Tannehill, Foles even Tyrod Taylor out there

Rather take one of them over Keenum. Though him and Taylor are toss ups.

Archived