Flaccco to denver! Lol

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

We are dominating our division, we dominated the AFC divisional playoff game and came one penalty from the Super Bowl with a 23 year old league MVP QB. Notion we didn’t do anything last year is nuts in my opinion.  

You know what Vince Lombardi said Mikey. We came up short. We wont this year. As long as they protect Mahomes this team is playing in the SB next year. Period. Firing Sutton and overhauling the defense showed me that Reid sees what needs to be done. And hes still hungry enough to do it. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You know what Vince Lombardi said Mikey. We came up short. We wont this year. As long as they protect Mahomes this team is playing in the SB next year. Period. Firing Sutton and overhauling the defense showed me that Reid sees what needs to be done. And hes still hungry enough to do it. 

Its not Super Bowl or bust for me as a fan. In fact this year I thought the AFC Championship was an amazing accomplishment for this particuliar team. I personally got a ton of satisfaction out of the 2018 team and the win over Indy was one of my favorites memories at Arrowhead ever. We made huge progress as one of the last four teams standings and some of that was at the continued expense of the Donkeys. And Im happy to let Broncos fans know it too. I care about now, not what happened 5 years ago. Even  ultimately you are right that the legacy of each organization will be in the championships won. No doubt about that. We become a fixture in the Title games and it'll come.

37 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That's right!  LET'S F*CKING GO!

Sorry, is it Septemember yet?

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Its not Super Bowl or bust for me as a fan. In fact this year I thought the AFC Championship was an amazing accomplishment for this particuliar team. I personally got a ton of satisfaction out of the 2018 team and the win over Indy was one of my favorites memories at Arrowhead ever. We made huge progress as one of the last four teams standings and some of that was at the continued expense of the Donkeys. And Im happy to let Broncos fans know it too. I care about now, not what happened 5 years ago. Even  ultimately you are right that the legacy of each organization will be in the championships won. No doubt about that. We become a fixture in the Title games and it'll come.

100% agree.  The Chiefs, with their lack of defense were lucky to host the AFC championship game and came within one play of going to the SB when many were predicting 8-8.  None of us can predict a SB next year.  Again one play can swing the season.  But I an confident that the Chiefs will be in the hunt for several years to come and if the bounce goes their way, we'll be seeing a parade in town next Feb.  In the meantime, we can enjoy exciting football with a top QB for the first time in ages. 

On 2/20/2019 at 10:24 AM, Mloe68 said:

The Chiefs has multiple offers for Smith and all that were reported were for significantly better compensation than the Ravens are getting for Flacco.  I think it’s pretty clear Alex was valued more than Flacco is right or wrong  

And I give Brett Veach credit for at least considering where Alex wanted to be  and not just tossing him to highest bidder. Skins had a good chance to win that division before the injury.  Of course we know what happens after that. 

Most importantly though the Chiefs did the right thing trading Alex and no matter how it turns out with Jackson I think it’s clear so are the Ravens. 

Browns and Cards engaged in trade talks- Ian Rapaport

As many as six teams expressed interest in Smith- Schefter

Couldn't find anything on potential compensation- but as far as Veach sending him where he wanted to go? I call BS- Fuller made the deal happen.

I, for one, did not like the Jackson pick- he is the QB no but I think we should have stuck with Joe- his first 9 games were 4-5 but this is the best WR corp he ever had in Baltimore.

42 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Browns and Cards engaged in trade talks- Ian Rapaport

As many as six teams expressed interest in Smith- Schefter

Couldn't find anything on potential compensation- but as far as Veach sending him where he wanted to go? I call BS- Fuller made the deal happen.

I, for one, did not like the Jackson pick- he is the QB no but I think we should have stuck with Joe- his first 9 games were 4-5 but this is the best WR corp he ever had in Baltimore.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/31/16956998/report-browns-offered-multiple-picks-including-2nd-rounder-for-alex-smith

On Wednesday, a few more details came out regarding what the Cleveland Browns were offering for QB Alex Smith. According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain Dealer, the team was willing to part ways with either No. 33 or No. 35, “but weren’t prepared to sign him to the blockbuster extension that the Redskins did.”

Benjamin Albright talked with Nathan Zegura on Browns Daily and confirmed that Smith “chose” the Redskins because of the long-term deal they were offering. That adds some confirmation to my belief that the Chiefs organization were partially looking to do right by Smith by allowing him to have some input on where he was traded.

Contrasting from Cabot’s report, Albright says that the Browns offered multiple picks. He also adds that the Denver Broncos were willing to give up a 2nd round pick and CB Aqib Talib

On @Browns_Daily right now @AllbrightNFL said that “Alex Smith chose Washington due to the long term deal that the Skins were offering.” Added Browns offered multiple picks but wanted him for short term deal and Denver offered a 2nd and Aqib Talib!

1 minute ago, dksww said:

Interesting.  I'm fine with what we got, glad we didn't trade him to Denver.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

Interesting.  I'm fine with what we got, glad we didn't trade him to Denver.

The Chiefs went out of their way to get him a strong opportunity.  They are on very good terms.  I still think he will be back and on our coaching staff when his playing days are over.

I agree that the Chiefs tried to get Alex into the best situation they could. First of all, the guy was extremely well like and thought of by the team. Secondly, Andy Reid thought the world of Alex. And Alex really went the extra mile in grooming Patrick Mahomes in spite of knowing he would take his job. Why not just allow for the narrative that both sides did the right thing and leave it at that.

7 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Flacco can be a good QB if he's healthy, but he's hardly ever healthy anymore and is getting older and older.  I don't think he's anything more than a placeholder/mentor though.

In a good year, he can get a decent team to a wild card spot.  That's it.  In a bad year, he's toast.

13 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Flacco can be a good QB if he's healthy, but he's hardly ever healthy anymore and is getting older and older.  I don't think he's anything more than a placeholder/mentor though.

Flacco is horrible. With just a few exceptions he always had been. No business starting.

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

Flacco is horrible. With just a few exceptions he always had been. No business starting.

QB 1. 163 starts, 61.7% completion percentage, 38, 245 yards, 212 TD's, 84.1 QBR, 10 playoff wins, 1 SB win.

QB 2. 161 starts, 62.4% completion percentage, 34, 068 yards, 193 TD's, 87.3 QBR, 2 playoff wins, 0 SB appearances.

Which one is Joe Flacco? Which one is Alex Smith?

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

QB 1. 163 starts, 61.7% completion percentage, 38, 245 yards, 212 TD's, 84.1 QBR, 10 playoff wins, 1 SB win.

QB 2. 161 starts, 62.4% completion percentage, 34, 068 yards, 193 TD's, 87.3 QBR, 2 playoff wins, 0 SB appearances.

Hmm, I think the SB win gives a clue. Also comparing them is a bit funny. Flacco came in with a much better team than SF. If you look at the last 5 years where Smith had a better team you would see quite the opposite in stats.

On 2/23/2019 at 5:12 AM, liquidfriend said:

He did play out of his mind in the SB run.  I just don't think his body can hold up long enough for another run like that.

Spot on. Flacco was great in the SB run but that hasn't been his norm. Diminishing his effectiveness during that span is just unfair but also claiming him to be that guy is also very funny because that happened only once. Basically like RG3's solid season as a rookie.

18 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

wish my tests in school were this obvious....

21 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Now do this again but only include the last 5 years. And be sure to add in winning percentage. There’s a reason Denver and anyone else we’ve seen offers from would clearly give up more for Alex than Flacco.  

But the most alarming stat Broncos fans should worry about is YPA.  It’s been proven to be a crucial statistic and Flacco has averaged barely 6.0 YPA attempt over the last five seasons.  That is beyond putrid. May be the worst in the NFL over the period. Alex averages over 7.1 in that same period.

Most importantly in 2018 Patrick Mahomes 8.5 YPA,  Joe Flacco 6.5 YPA.   Best and worst numbers in the AFC.   

Flacco has become the biggest dink and dunk checkdown artist in the game  I think this is why most Chiefs fans mock this move   

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Now do this again but only include the last 5 years. And be sure to add in winning percentage. There’s a reason Denver and anyone else we’ve seen offers from would clearly give up more for Alex than Flacco.  

But the most alarming stat Broncos fans should worry about is YPA.  It’s been proven to be a crucial statistic and Flacco has averaged barely 6.0 YPA attempt over the last five seasons.  That is beyond putrid. May be the worst in the NFL over the period. Alex averages over 7.1 in that same period.

Most importantly in 2018 Patrick Mahomes 8.5 YPA,  Joe Flacco 6.5 YPA.   Best and worst numbers in the AFC.   

Flacco has become the biggest dink and dunk checkdown artist in the game  I think this is why most Chiefs fans mock this move   

Here ya go, Flacco has been outright awful since winning the Super Bowl 6 years ago:

1 hour ago, dksww said:

Here ya go, Flacco has been outright awful since winning the Super Bowl 6 years ago:

Yep. Remember Buddy Biancalana? He tore it up in the postseason one year too but that’s not who he really was.  Now clearly Flacco is better than that, but he’s also not that guy.  He’s a mediocre QB and the Ravens lack of success since that one hot streak reflects that as does the compensation they got from him. Not sure why Broncos should expect any different. 

On 2/23/2019 at 3:13 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

You left out a few. Like 136 INTs for Flacco and 101 for Smith. Flacco had a top 10 defense almost every year giving him many more opportunities than Smith. I don’t know. Not s Flacco or Eli fan. 

On 2/24/2019 at 6:55 PM, DieHard said:

You left out a few. Like 136 INTs for Flacco and 101 for Smith. Flacco had a top 10 defense almost every year giving him many more opportunities than Smith. I don’t know. Not s Flacco or Eli fan. 

Now look at who he was throwing to.....

Archived