Berry Surgery

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Any human being can refuse surgery. Any human being who plays football for a living can refuse surgery and try to play for a different team.

My fault thought my question was pretty clear as a reference toward a player under contract. Anyone with common sense knows a human can do what he or she chooses.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

My fault thought my question was pretty clear as a reference toward a player under contract. Anyone with common sense knows a human can do what he or she chooses.

LOL.  You know, if a doctor tried to make me have surgery against my will, I would tell them to eat me....unless, of course, the surgeon is Dr. Hannibal Lector.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

LOL.  You know, if a doctor tried to make me have surgery against my will, I would tell them to eat me....unless, of course, the surgeon is Dr. Hannibal Lector.

I guess it's over your head. By chance are you a sovereign citizen.

21 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

As a fan I wanted him to have the surgery during the season.  BUT as a person with an objective brain and a wife who had a bone spur removed, her flexibility isn't the same and any type of shoulder press movements cause her pain for days. She had her surgery in September. I can understand why Berry might have wanted to try a different route. Fans need to remember that players are still humans.

I feel for the human decisions that have to be made. But if he never plays and just rides the bench waiting and hoping, he is wasting a roster spot. At minimum, put him on IR so another player can be signed to the active roster. Berry effectively contributed nothing on the field for two years.

21 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

As a fan I wanted him to have the surgery during the season.  BUT as a person with an objective brain and a wife who had a bone spur removed, her flexibility isn't the same and any type of shoulder press movements cause her pain for days. She had her surgery in September. I can understand why Berry might have wanted to try a different route. Fans need to remember that players are still humans.

Double posted. Deleted

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Aint nobody getting close to my vasec with a knife.   

How about teeth?

BTW, it's not called a vasec.  It is called a vas deferens.  Ec means "out" in Latin. Tom means "cut"  Any kind of "ectomy" is where something is cut out....

Or chewed off :lol:

After you have had six kids, you will grab a pen knife and do it yourself.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How about teeth?

BTW, it's not called a vasec.  It is called a vas deferens.  Ec means "out" in Latin. Tom means "cut"  Any kind of "ectomy" is where something is cut out....

unless your Philip Rivers

21 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How about teeth?

At my age just a little puff of dust comes out.  

22 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How about teeth?

My surgeon was glad when I got my vasectomy.   Said he always wanted to practice micro surgery.     By the way,   I jogged home after the surgery was over.

On 2/18/2019 at 4:07 PM, Thegoatee said:

I feel for the human decisions that have to be made. But if he never plays and just rides the bench waiting and hoping, he is wasting a roster spot. At minimum, put him on IR so another player can be signed to the active roster. Berry effectively contributed nothing on the field for two years.

I agree that should have been the route. He should have went on IR.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:07 PM, Thegoatee said:

Goatee,  I've been saying what you are saying for months.  He's wasting a precious roster spot for us.  Not to mention how much he's taking in salary cap space.  We need a safety that can get on the field more than twice a year.  People on this board were lambasting me for stating this, but it's time to part ways with bone-spurs Berry.

Very sad.  If he had not had those physical problems, people would be putting garlands on his head and attributing our super bowl victories to him.  They would tear out the fountain at Meyer and Ward Parkway and put one showing him instead of that horse. He would have his own sports show.  The adulation would be pouring from all of his critics here.  It is just a tragedy, but he really has not contributed on the field.  No doubt he has in the film room and the meetings of the secondary, but we need more than an excellent cheerleader now.

Archived