Semo's 2019 Offseason

SEMO

I could live with either of those.  Love Hanks in the 6th, but might have to move up.  Could be a nice Will in time and a sub package guy in the meantime.  Like Renfrow in the 5th or 6.  Wonder if you couldn't swap those 2?

Good draft.  Is there really a reason to take an interior lineman in the first round?  The drop off between guards and centers from first to second usually isn't that great unless there's a freak out there.  I'd prefer an EDGE in the first but overall, your list is pretty good. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Good draft.  Is there really a reason to take an interior lineman in the first round?  The drop off between guards and centers from first to second usually isn't that great unless there's a freak out there.  I'd prefer an EDGE in the first but overall, your list is pretty good. 

I only did that scenario because I heard some rumblings that they were high on Bradbury.

As far as EDGE in the first, I think Ferrell might be the only one that they could comfortably trade up for.  Maybe somewhere around 20.  Any of the others they would probably have to get inside of 15.  There are mocks showing them taking Ferguson at 29, which is just ridiculous.  I would be fine with a slight reach at 29 for Winovich.  I really like him and think he is a great fit.

10 hours ago, xen said:

I could live with either of those.  Love Hanks in the 6th, but might have to move up.  Could be a nice Will in time and a sub package guy in the meantime.  Like Renfrow in the 5th or 6.  Wonder if you couldn't swap those 2?

6 might be too low for Renfrow.  But, day 3 is always a crapshoot.  Guys projected in the 4th might not even get drafted, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Draft

1(19)(from Tennessee) – Byron Murphy CB Washington  5'11" 190lbs*

KC trades 29, 63, and a 2020 2nd round pick to Tennessee for 19 and 121(4).  If Veach can’t trade for a corner before the draft, then I think he will go up and get the one he wants in round 1.  Murphy is the only corner worthy of a round 1 pick this year.  Excels at press man and plays the run well.  Fits what Spags wants in a corner.  Brian Burns is a possibility here, if he falls this low, as well.

2(61) – Juan Thornhill S Virginia  6’1” 195lbs

Solid all around.  Good tackler, good ball skills.

3(92) – Connor McGovern OG/C Penn State  6’5” 320lbs

High ceiling talent, needs hand and technique work.

4(121)(from Tennessee) – Emeke Egbule LB Houston  6’2” 245lbs*

Developmental SAM.

5(167) – Isaac Nauta TE Georgia  6’4” 246lbs

Exceptional blocker.  Room for improvement as a receiver.

6(187) – Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson  5’10’ 180lbs*

Trade Panthers 201 and 216 for this pick.  Poor man’s Andy Isabella, with GREAT hands.  Revered at Clemson for his clutch plays.  Ceiling is probably a WR3.

6(214) – John Cominsky DE/DT Charleston  6’5” 286lbs

Good Senior Bowl and Combine brings him into the conversation as a developmental lineman. 

* = Trade

Would rather trade 29 & 63 and cut bait there.  Don't know if that adds up on the value chart, but that 2nd next year is going to be huge for, what is at least perceived as of now, a way better draft class...particularly for WRs.

5 hours ago, gballs said:

Would rather trade 29 & 63 and cut bait there.  Don't know if that adds up on the value chart, but that 2nd next year is going to be huge for, what is at least perceived as of now, a way better draft class...particularly for WRs.

This is a good deep draft at quite a few positions.  Good oline and dline draft.  Good and deep and tight end.  A lot of value for safeties starting in the 2nd.  Even receiver has a nice run coming on day 2 through maybe early day 3.

Update:

Draft

2(45)(from Atlanta) – Juan Thornhill S Virginia  6’1” 195lbs*

KC trades 29 and 214 to Atlanta for 45 and 79.  Thornhill is a solid all around DB.  Good tackler, good ball skills.

2(61) – Charles Omenihu DE/DT Texas  6’6” 275lbs

Base end, can move inside in sub packages.

2(63) – JoeJuan Williams CB Vanderbilt  6’2” 208lbs

Long press corner.  Good diagnosing and instincts in zone.

3(79)(from Atlanta) – Connor McGovern OG/C Penn State  6’5” 320lbs*

High ceiling talent, needs hand and technique work.

3(92) –Blake Cashman LB Minnesota  6’2” 235lbs

Instinctive, aggressive backer.  Versatility to play any spot, but projects best at MIKE.

5(167) – Isaac Nauta TE Georgia  6’4” 246lbs

Exceptional blocker.  Room for improvement as a receiver.

6(187) – Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson  5’10’ 180lbs*

Trade Rams 201 and 216 for this pick.  Poor man’s Andy Isabella, with GREAT hands.  Revered at Clemson for his clutch plays.  Ceiling is probably a WR3.

* = Trade

• 2 weeks later...

Barring any major rumors or trades, this is probably where I am going to leave things.  I am not going to project any more trades.  It is hard enough to project the players. I am sure Veach will move around some, and they probably don't leave this draft with 8 picks.  Regardless, my best guesses follow:

1(29) – Amani Oruwariye CB  Penn State  6’2” 205lbs

Press man corner.  Play speed questions.  Testing speed showed his athleticism.  Should be a day one starter.

*This obviously could be Greedy or Murphy, but they are more than likely going to have to give up some day 2 capital to get them.  Baker could be there, but I am not sure if he fits what Spags wants in a corner.  Depending on what they know about Hill, I could easily see a receiver going at this spot, as well.  All of the D-lineman are probably gone by this pick.  Maybe Lawrence is there, but do they want to use a high pick on another character issue guy.  They could likely trade down also.

2(61) – Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M  6’4” 251lbs

Reid loves his two TE sets and Sternberger gives him a lot more options than Harris ever did.  Good hands, capable blocker.  Add some polish to his route running and he should contribute early.

*Either of the 2nd rounds picks could also be used on EDGE or a Safety.  But, I think they are going to roll with what they have there, other than bringing in some developmental prospects later.  Veach should use this round to add some much needed receiving depth for Pat.

2(63) – Andy Isabella WR Massachusetts  5’9” 188lbs

Speed receiver, can cut on a dime.  Hands are questionable at times.

3(92) –Blake Cashman LB Minnesota  6’1” 237lbs

Instinctive, aggressive backer.  Versatility to play any spot, but projects best at MIKE.

5(167) – Paul Adams OT/OG Missouri  6’6” 317lbs

Stout run blocker, good hand usage.  Good move blocker, plays a little high, needs pass pro development. 

6(201) – Malik Gant S Marshall  6’0” 209lbs

Poor man’s Jonathon Abram.  Should stick on special teams and work in on sub packages.  

6(214) – Tim Ward DE Old Dominion  6’5” 265lbs

Developmental End.

7(216) – Rashad Fenton CB South Carolina  5’10” 184lbs

Developmental nickel. 

Well....I guess things have changed.  Haha

1(29) – Frank Clark

So, we all know the compensation by now.

2(61) – Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M  6’4” 251lbs

Reid loves his two TE sets and Sternberger gives him a lot more options than Harris ever did.  Good hands, capable blocker.  Add some polish to his route running and he should contribute early.

2(63) – Lonnie Johnson, Jr.  CB Kentucky  6'3" 206lbs

Prototypical height weight speed corner.  Poor technique, will need some seasoning.

3(84) –Blake Cashman LB Minnesota  6’1” 237lbs

Instinctive, aggressive backer.  Versatility to play any spot, but projects best at MIKE.

5(167) – Paul Adams OT/OG Missouri  6’6” 317lbs

Stout run blocker, good hand usage.  Good move blocker, plays a little high, needs pass pro development. 

6(201) – Malik Gant S Marshall  6’0” 209lbs

Poor man’s Jonathon Abram.  Should stick on special teams and work in on sub packages.  

6(214) – Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson 5'9" 180lbs

Good hands.  Makes plays.  Can he get open in the NFL?

7(216) – Rashad Fenton CB South Carolina  5’10” 184lbs

Developmental nickel. 

Archived