Our Oline ? How to repair?

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

I agree I think that lineup would be an improvement.

My feeling with an O-line is that the best line is one that has the versatility and experience to switch between run blocking and pass protecting with equal  effectiveness depending on what kind of defensive adjustments are being thrown at us.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Agreed, Wylie and Reiter did well also so if you have LDT, Wylie and Reiter in the middle I think we will see a big improvement already.

I wasn’t a huge wylie fan, although i would give him the spot of erving just because I can’t handle ervings offsides penalties.

wylie play well the first couple games, and declined as he played more.

i liked what i saw from reiter.

maybe mckenzie can play left guard and give us total domination 

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I watched a pretty good film breakdown and Mahomes has to shoulder some of the blame in the first half.  He either had an open WR or needed to check out of plays. When you bring extra pressure, somebody has to be open. He also missed a wide open Williams for an easy TD.  

My point is simply that BB is great at exploiting inexperience at QB and Mahomes will learn from it.  Heck he did within that game and the overall experience will just make him better when he’s there again. Patrick can learn from experience how to make things easier on himself.  

Yup. And Mahomes admitted as much himself. The line is the least of my concerns moving forward. The Chiefs were the #1 scoring offense and the line did it's job for much of the season. It also helps when you have a QB like Mahomes who makes the line look a little better then they really are.

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I wasn’t a huge wylie fan, although i would give him the spot of erving just because I can’t handle ervings offsides penalties.

wylie play well the first couple games, and declined as he played more.

i liked what i saw from reiter.

maybe mckenzie can play left guard and give us total domination 

I agree about Erving. Keep him because he has shown he can play anywhere on the inside of the line and play a vital role as a swing player to a position group that always deals with injuries during the season.

Archived