Odell Beckham jr

10 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Understand your logic. But to me if we lose Conley and are a year from having to cut Watkins, it seems logical to look for a WR to protect offense now and in the future. That extra second round pick gives us some real flexibility. We also need a RB. But you could fill that with a cheaper free agent or 3rd-4th round pick. Or do the same with WR. TE also is in play if Harris isn't retained. In short this won't likely be another draft we only go with defense although I'd certainly expect our major moves to be on that side of the ball. 

Well we did just sign 2 WR's Sammie Coates & Davon Grayson, so i guess they are already preparing for life after Conley

On 2/23/2019 at 7:45 AM, Mloe68 said:

Understand your logic. But to me if we lose Conley and are a year from having to cut Watkins, it seems logical to look for a WR to protect offense now and in the future. That extra second round pick gives us some real flexibility. We also need a RB. But you could fill that with a cheaper free agent or 3rd-4th round pick. Or do the same with WR. TE also is in play if Harris isn't retained. In short this won't likely be another draft we only go with defense although I'd certainly expect our major moves to be on that side of the ball. 

Not sure what they are thinking of regarding Benjamin but we might keep him around with a prove it deal and at his age I'm pretty sure he'll be inclined to do so since Mahomes can make him some money in FA next year. Obviously Benjamin is just a name and we could look for any veteran in similar situation.

I also think 2 out of Robinson-Kemp-Pringle trio will get serious chances this year. Robinson was already active last year and they are high on the other two. I think our offense needs a TE more than another WR but I'm also pretty sure we'll add guys to both positions. The only thing that varies is the priority. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Not sure what they are thinking of regarding Benjamin but we might keep him around with a prove it deal and at his age I'm pretty sure he'll be inclined to do so since Mahomes can make him some money in FA next year. Obviously Benjamin is just a name and we could look for any veteran in similar situation.

I also think 2 out of Robinson-Kemp-Pringle trio will get serious chances this year. Robinson was already active last year and they are high on the other two. I think our offense needs a TE more than another WR but I'm also pretty sure we'll add guys to both positions. The only thing that varies is the priority. 

I'll withhold judgement on Robinson. He's really an enigma but still young. We actually could cut him and save 2 million so I'm not 100 percent sold he's a roster lock. I would be much more comfortable with another WR addition to legitimately make Robinson compete for that number 3 role at the very least. Kemp is just a special teams guy in my opinion. Pringle is interesting but we will see. In short I think we can do better than what we have competition wise and Watkins cut after next season is looming. 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:10 AM, sith13 said:

is Benjamin still on the roster? , he did not provide any reason to keep him around

On 2/24/2019 at 7:19 PM, Mloe68 said:

I'll withhold judgement on Robinson. He's really an enigma but still young. We actually could cut him and save 2 million so I'm not 100 percent sold he's a roster lock. I would be much more comfortable with another WR addition to legitimately make Robinson compete for that number 3 role at the very least. Kemp is just a special teams guy in my opinion. Pringle is interesting but we will see. In short I think we can do better than what we have competition wise and Watkins cut after next season is looming. 

Didn't know Robinson made that much. I think he has some potential as well as decent performances to be the #3 guy but at this point he could be a cap casualty as well if the staff isn't so high on him. A healthy Pringle could easily be the #4 guy and might even surprise us. Watkins sure is gone after this year unless he plays the whole season with no injuries, which is very unlikely but still possible. 

2 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

is Benjamin still on the roster? , he did not provide any reason to keep him around

I don't think they extended him another year but who knows. Could be some other guy as well, 1-year prove it deal is probably very attractive to WRs with some decent potential with Mahomes in town. Don't know what to expect from Coates in that regard. 

32 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I don''t think they extended him another yearr but who knows. Could be some other guy as well, 1-year prove it deal is probably very attractive to WRs with some decent potential with Mahomes in town. Don't know what to expect from Coates in that regard. 

You are correct. Benjamin is not under contract for 2019. 

Archived