Medical Exams at the Combine

I thought about putting this in the draft forum but figured let's start it here and get a tiny attention before it gets moved. Read a nice little piece at Arrowhead Pride about injuries of college players and wanted to share.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/2/25/18240268/why-medical-exams-are-the-most-important-part-of-the-nfls-scouting-combine

Nerd alert but thought about this where reflecting on players Chiefs drafted, injuries Chiefs players had predraft and postdraft, and what players they can take a risk on.

What players did the Chiefs draft going back to Herm Edwards that they should have passed on?

16 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

What players did the Chiefs draft going back to Herm Edwards that they should have passed on?

There's obviously a lot of misses by every team. 

Looking just at the top three rounds I'd say Jonathan Baldwin was obviously a big miss.  KeiVarae Russell.  Maybe Kpass.  Phillip Gaines.  Turk McBride.  Alex Magee.  Tank Tyler.  Dexter McCluster.  These guys underperformed for their draft position.

23 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

There's obviously a lot of misses by every team. 

Looking just at the top three rounds I'd say Jonathan Baldwin was obviously a big miss.  KeiVarae Russell.  Maybe Kpass.  Phillip Gaines.  Turk McBride.  Alex Magee.  Tank Tyler.  Dexter McCluster.  These guys underperformed for their draft position.

It's funny but sometimes the sooner you can acknowledge a mistake an move on like they did with Russell, the more I credit the organization even with a bad pick like that. 

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It's funny but sometimes the sooner you can acknowledge a mistake an move on like they did with Russell, the more I credit the organization even with a bad pick like that. 

It's definitely better to acknowledge it and move on.  But it doesn't change the fact that it was a miss on the pick. 

11 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It's definitely better to acknowledge it and move on.  But it doesn't change the fact that it was a miss on the pick. 

Horrific pick when a third rounder can't make the roster in year one. But they could have easily carried him for a few year and said he "flashed" during the season and most fans wouldn't have known the difference. Just flat releasing him at that point made Dorsey and company look bad, but they did it anyway. Kind of substance over style deal that I respect. 

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Glenn Dorsey

Should have known when he dropped to us at #5. I was really excited for that pick.

12 hours ago, Balto said:

Brokie Croyle comes to mind

IMO it was a great risk to take. Very high ceiling guy with concerns but that's acceptable for a QB in 3rd. Didn't work out but not really mad about that. 

Archived