John Ross anyone?

39 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

does he tackle..can he cover? Are you going to do this every time  someone offensive player gets  shopped or gets released?

News flash our Defense is what sucked

Speaking of which Robert Quinn is about to be released by the Dolphins and we know Veach tried to include him in the Peters trade. So maybe this could have some traction. 

48 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Speaking of which Robert Quinn is about to be released by the Dolphins and we know Veach tried to include him in the Peters trade. So maybe this could have some traction. 

He was good with the Rams five or six years ago.  Not sure his best years aren't behind him for whatever reason.

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He was good with the Rams five or six years ago.  Not sure his best years aren't behind him for whatever reason.

He still graded out as an above average player and clearly better than Allen Bailey and is only 29 at a position we may have some need. But again I'm just saying we could have some interest because Veach showed interest in trading for him last year. Maybe he doesn't even fit with what Spags wants to do.  

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

does he tackle..can he cover? Are you going to do this every time  someone offensive player gets  shopped or gets released?

Well no reason to worry about offense I guess.  Don't you dare think about making it even better balto.  How dare you! 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Could not stop thinking Carl Peterson when reading this!  Yes Defense might be why we did not make it to the Super Bowl BUT our Offense is exactly why we had the #1 seed and was in OT with the Super Bowl Champs!

People say if only our D was a little better we would be fine...that's thinking our O will maintain what it did last year.  

I agree that our D needs to get better but if our O slips at all we are screwed!  Top priority should be making sure our O stays the same or gets better THEN start to look at the D side.  

2019:  Maintain or improve O THEN look at how to improve D

2020:  Maintain or improve O THEN look at how to improve D

EVERY single year should be exactly like this! 

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Could not stop thinking Carl Peterson when reading this!

Well actually Peterson always seemed to ignore the offense and focus on the defense even when it was a strength.  Lose 10-7 to Indianapolis?  Hey let's draft DBs (Woods and Tongue) with our first two picks and keep that defense rolling, maybe we can hold teams to SIX points next time around!

So, sorry, but I think "maintain the offense and worry about the defense later" is actually the real Peterson-like way of thinking, just with the O and D flipped.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Could not stop thinking Carl Peterson when reading this!  Yes Defense might be why we did not make it to the Super Bowl BUT our Offense is exactly why we had the #1 seed and was in OT with the Super Bowl Champs!

People say if only our D was a little better we would be fine...that's thinking our O will maintain what it did last year.  

I agree that our D needs to get better but if our O slips at all we are screwed!  Top priority should be making sure our O stays the same or gets better THEN start to look at the D side.  

2019:  Maintain or improve O THEN look at how to improve D

2020:  Maintain or improve O THEN look at how to improve D

EVERY single year should be exactly like this! 

That's fine, but the team has to have priorities.  A little slippage on O with a top half defense will get the team deeper into the playoffs than a little better O and the D remaining the same.  No matter how good the offense is, they won't go into the fourth quarter with a three score lead and we'll keep seeing the game blown in the last two minutes or in overtime because the D can't get that one necessary stop.  Gotta have balance. 

I do think part of the reason DAT made the team other than special teams is that we could run some Tyreek stuff through him if Tyreek got hurt.  Obviously a poor mans version.  As such I do expect Andy to look to fill that role in addition to replacing Conley.  I really don’t see a scenario we don’t add a WR.  

4 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Well actually Peterson always seemed to ignore the offense and focus on the defense even when it was a strength.  Lose 10-7 to Indianapolis?  Hey let's draft DBs (Woods and Tongue) with our first two picks and keep that defense rolling, maybe we can hold teams to SIX points next time around!

So, sorry, but I think "maintain the offense and worry about the defense later" is actually the real Peterson-like way of thinking, just with the O and D flipped.

I was using Peterson example about staying with older players thinking production will stay the same.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

That's fine, but the team has to have priorities.  A little slippage on O with a top half defense will get the team deeper into the playoffs than a little better O and the D remaining the same.  No matter how good the offense is, they won't go into the fourth quarter with a three score lead and we'll keep seeing the game blown in the last two minutes or in overtime because the D can't get that one necessary stop.  Gotta have balance. 

I’m not saying totally forget about the D but just keep the O as the main focus.  

52 minutes ago, Balto said:

I’m not saying totally forget about the D but just keep the O as the main focus.  

It already is the main focus.  The Chiefs have the most productive offense in the league right now.  If they can improve it or replace some of the weaker parts, I all for it.  But it doesn't have to be a priority this off season.  The first piece is to grab a good RB in the draft.  Several should be available in the third round and that's where I'd expect the Chiefs to get one unless a real steal happens earlier.  Henderson from Memphis has been mentioned several times on this board and that's about where he's slotted.  A second TE to replace Harris would be nice but I don't see the Chiefs getting a top one early.  Next priority would be interior OL but that probably will be a third day pick.  If the Chiefs draft a WR, I'd think it would be in the third day as well. They have greater needs to use the first three rounds on and thy don't have a fourth.  Might grab some small school, under the radar speedster to be the #3 or #4 WR next season. 

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Cap hits of 4 and 5 mil the next 2 seasons, too steep for this guys production. Wait for john ross to be released then try to sign

You mean $2M and $2.8M?  That bonus stays with Cinzy as dead money

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It already is the main focus.  The Chiefs have the most productive offense in the league right now.  If they can improve it or replace some of the weaker parts, I all for it.  But it doesn't have to be a priority this off season.  The first piece is to grab a good RB in the draft.  Several should be available in the third round and that's where I'd expect the Chiefs to get one unless a real steal happens earlier.  Henderson from Memphis has been mentioned several times on this board and that's about where he's slotted.  A second TE to replace Harris would be nice but I don't see the Chiefs getting a top one early.  Next priority would be interior OL but that probably will be a third day pick.  If the Chiefs draft a WR, I'd think it would be in the third day as well. They have greater needs to use the first three rounds on and thy don't have a fourth.  Might grab some small school, under the radar speedster to be the #3 or #4 WR next season. 

I’d push WR a lot higher than a 3rd day pick.  Conley is pretty much gone and Watkins will almost certainly be gone after this year.  Talk about a big dip at WR talent and depth 

If KC is going to spend draft capital in the first 3 rounds on the offense  I would rather they go after a RB or an OL.    It would be nice to have the kind of back and line that could take minutes off the clock at the end of the game something the Chiefs struggled with.  That will also help the D as well.  KC gets the ability to take time off the clock at the end of games, that will make this offense much better. 

Another thing to consider is Andy said  Mahomes is just scratching the surface.  As he gets older and continues to learn and master the offense that alone will make the offense better. 

Archived