Berry won’t have offseason surgery

24 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Yep. I don’t honestly think he is trying to not play to get a pay check. But there is no doubt that there are some serious pain issues. I think the team held him out because we were going to make the playoffs and they wanted him for that run. Not a terrible decision. He just didn’t play very well probably because of rust which you would expect. 

My opinion is that Berry is a stud that would love to play, but can’t. Declining surgery tells me that he thinks he can overcome it. I don’t think he can based on last year. They know more than us do I will wait to see. 6 games is what I predict he is good for.

so 10-6 next year since we lost every game he played in this year

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 2/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, Mloe68 said:

Again this fits spot on with what a very reliable media source said privately. Berry has been cleared to play since at least early November but just chose not too because he was scared of another achilles tear. Maybe this doctor finally got through to him. If I'm the Chiefs I'm demanding he shows up at OTAs and proves he can and is willing to play or else we want an injury settlement. And perhaps that's why he is expected to participate. Clock is ticking on a decision though as March 15th the Chiefs are on the hook for 7.25 in 2019 salary whether we cut him or not. So its basically we are all in and gonna try to make this work or we release him and take a dagger of a CAP hit. I'm guessing they roll the dice with him one last season. 

One thing I'll add because I've been really down on Berry and even his attitude. But Jordan Lucas said Berry was invaluable in the locker room all season in the help he was giving the younger guys. So at least he was actually engaged and trying to help that team. In the end though this is all about is Berry truly committed to playing or not. 

18 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Very painful for the Chiefs.  Painful to the fans.  Painful to the cap.

I do not pretend to be an athlete in the shape of any professional.   But I will tell you,  I had the full achilles tear some 25 years ago.    And it is DAMN scary to come back from.  For one thing,  the surgeons all tell you that if you have done this once,   the likelihood of it happening again is great.   And no matter how much you try to convince yourself that you are okay,  you do not trust it to hold up.  I have had the broken arm, the broken collarbone,  the broken wrist and who knows how many other ailments and still manage to continue to play football.  But believe me when I tell you this is not the same.    I am not a Eric Berry apologist.   But I can tell you that once you have torn your achilles,  you are never the same physically.

2 hours ago, wilkie said:

I do not pretend to be an athlete in the shape of any professional.   But I will tell you,  I had the full achilles tear some 25 years ago.    And it is DAMN scary to come back from.  For one thing,  the surgeons all tell you that if you have done this once,   the likelihood of it happening again is great.   And no matter how much you try to convince yourself that you are okay,  you do not trust it to hold up.  I have had the broken arm, the broken collarbone,  the broken wrist and who knows how many other ailments and still manage to continue to play football.  But believe me when I tell you this is not the same.    I am not a Eric Berry apologist.   But I can tell you that once you have torn your achilles,  you are never the same physically.

thats all well and fine but he's milking the Chiefs ..agree?

2 hours ago, wilkie said:

Man, you have broken a lot of stuff.  Are you from Broke Dick Mountain?  Does that explain the John Hadl thing?  The only thing I have broken is a bunch of hearts.

4 hours ago, wilkie said:

Is that you Mr. Glass?

Archived