La Canfora says Chiefs are looking at big offensive move

Chiefs looking to add... offense

I continue to hear the Chiefs are, believe it or not, trying to do something big for an offensive skill player. Yes, despite all of the talent they have already amassed on that side of the ball, and despite their obvious issues on defense, they are sniffing around on trade options and some teams I spoke to wouldn’t be shocked if they got in on [former Pittsburgh Steelers running back] Le’Veon Bell. Bottom line is don’t be shocked if these guys come away with a big-time receiver or running back.

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I guess I could see them in on Bell. Make our offense impossible to defend. Maybe the plan really is to just go all young cost control players on defense.

Then again LaCanfora is wrong my than any insider in the industry...

Yep and yep. And he did say we are "sniffing around."  Thats not exactly a profound statement but I would be if this was really the case Veach would be thinking lets just go young on defense. 

I'm not sure Bell is a good fit for our line.  DeCastro, Pouncey, Villanueva, and Gilbert make his patient running style work.  You play behind our line, you better be hitting the hole fast because it ain't gonna get better.  Look how good Conner looked with them. 

34 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I guess I could see them in on Bell. Make our offense impossible to defend. Maybe the plan really is to just go all young cost control players on defense.

Then again LaCanfora is wrong my than any insider in the industry...

Yuck.  I want no part of Bell and the money he will want. We have stars, we need role players.  If we get a young role player that develops into more, then that’s awesome.  If we’re going to spend money then spend it on DBs. 

28 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not sure Bell is a good fit for our line.  DeCastro, Pouncey, Villanueva, and Gilbert make his patient running style work.  You play behind our line, you better be hitting the hole fast because it ain't gonna get better.  Look how good Conner looked with them. 

I was about to post the same thing.  We need a running back who can make the first guy miss (usually two yards in our backfield) and then power through a hole.  

We could upgrade our defence to slightly above average and it might improve our points against by 7 points per game or so.  I would be nearly impossible (well above the NFL record) to improve our offence to the point where we are scoring an extra 7 points per game.

10 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I was about to post the same thing.  We need a running back who can make the first guy miss (usually two yards in our backfield) and then power through a hole.  

We could upgrade our defence to slightly above average and it might improve our points against by 7 points per game or so.  I would be nearly impossible (well above the NFL record) to improve our offence to the point where we are scoring an extra 7 points per game.

You would think but we haven’t even hit our ceiling on.  Mahomes was in essence a rookie last year.  With what he learned, experience wise, and being able to learn that much more of the playbook I could totally see us increasing our output by 7 more points.  How many of our 40 plus point games did we play a rough half of football.

I do agree with you though, it would easier to do on the defense. And at some point your D has to get at least one stop at the end of a game.

I think it's all BS, we need RB depth, but we don't need Bell''s contract. Otherwise,  I've got no problem adding to our offensive strength as it's going to take a year at least to get the right players on D and for them to learn a new system.  

44 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think it's all BS, we need RB depth, but we don't need Bell''s contract. Otherwise,  I've got no problem adding to our offensive strength as it's going to take a year at least to get the right players on D and for them to learn a new system.  

Agree. Yet.... I dont think guys that have been playing football their entire life need a year to learn a different system. Its different than last years but not really new. Its still what they do. 

58 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Bell doesn't have a contract.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Keep in mind he didn't name any names. It almost sounded like we wanted to trade for someone. Or maybe Veach is just screwing with him. Anything's possible. I mean Veach could be doing his job and just asking what the asking price is for a certain offensive player. And then all of sudden its a story. If the price is right, any player that can help us should at least be on Veach's radar. 

37 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Keep in mind he didn't name any names. It almost sounded like we wanted to trade for someone. Or maybe Veach is just screwing with him. Anything's possible. I mean Veach could be doing his job and just asking what the asking price is for a certain offensive player. And then all of sudden its a story. If the price is right, any player that can help us should at least be on Veach's radar. 

Yeah I would think it's more likely a trade scenario.  Or someone saw Veach talking to Bell's agent (who I'm sure has many other clients).

2 hours ago, xen said:

Why are we worried about a nonexistent contract again?  This could just as much be an agent planted story as anything.

of course it could also be a way for the chiefs to drive up the price on a player like Bell because they know the Raiders are rumored to be interested in him and

they have a lot of cap space but just want to fuck with the mind of a division rival

Archived