Mecole Hardman WR Georgia N/A
Terry Godwin WR Georgia N/A
Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon Informal
Jakobi Meyers WR NC State Senior Bowl
Terry McLaurin WR Ohio State N/A
Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina Formal*

22 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Noah Fant 4.51 unofficial time.

Iowa TE Noah Fant, who is one of two Hawkeyes at the position with the potential to be off the board in the first two rounds of next month's draft (T.J. Hockenson is the other) kicked off Saturday's workouts rather nicely at the scouting combine with an unofficial 4.51 40-yard dash in his first attempt. Hockenson ran a 4.71 (unofficial) in his first attempt.

53 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Keep an eye on Dawson Knox.  Really underrated, like all of the Ole Miss Offensive players, because they had really some of the most god awful play design in CFB.

So what round would you project him to go in, maybe 5?  I just don't see the Chiefs looking for TE or WR in the first two rounds.

51 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So what round would you project him to go in, maybe 5?  I just don't see the Chiefs looking for TE or WR in the first two rounds.

I'm thinking Early Day 3.  I agree that they won't be TE shopping early, but I absolutely would not rule out a WR happening.

30 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Aren't most of these meetings just a publicity stunt to hide real interest in other  players?

Whats the history of us interviewing and then selecting a player?

For awhile there we actually picked most of our interviewed players with our first day or 2 picks. I know first round picks, or first pick we used, lately we had interviewed and drafted them. Later rounds after 3 I dont know though.

30 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Aren't most of these meetings just a publicity stunt to hide real interest in other  players?

Whats the history of us interviewing and then selecting a player?

I think all the potential draftees are interviewed.  Not all those interviewed become potential draftees.  So don't put too much stock into stories about player x having a private interview with the staff. 

Most of the team picks have some sort of interviews prior to the draft, either during the combine or via private workouts. However they also interview a lot more guys they never pick or have real interest. So the talks may hint at something but most of the time they don't lead to a pick since there's a finite amount of those. 

Archived