Justin Houston....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Maybe this was a bluff to Houston to see if he will now take a paycut

Not sure if it would work. Houston will definitely fetch more money hitting open market at 30 than playing with a reduced contract for 2 years in KC and hitting FA at 32. I would expect Houston actually wanting a release more than a trade. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Not sure if it would work. Houston will definitely fetch more money hitting open market at 30 than playing with a reduced contract for 2 years in KC and hitting FA at 32. I would expect Houston actually wanting a release more than a trade. 

So what does Houston get on the open market?  How many teams will pony up $15 million which he would need to replace what the Chiefs were going to pay above the dead money.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So what does Houston get on the open market?  How many teams will pony up $15 million which he would need to replace what the Chiefs were going to pay above the dead money.

Not annually but I think the cumulative sum would be higher for the rest of his career as 30 is not too old to fetch some decent pay compared to 32. He's probably aware that his 2020 salary won't become a reality so he's probably hoping to hit the FA asap. Something like 40 million over the rest of his career isn't too far fetched IMO and wouldn't be surprised to see something a bit higher. 

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

Not annually but I think the cumulative sum would be higher for the rest of his career as 30 is not too old to fetch some decent pay compared to 32. He's probably aware that his 2020 salary won't become a reality so he's probably hoping to hit the FA asap. Something like 40 million over the rest of his career isn't too far fetched IMO and wouldn't be surprised to see something a bit higher. 

Forty million for the rest of his career?  The Chiefs should release him then bring him back at that price.  🙂

Archived