27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

nice to know they are looking to extend but I'l hold off on the wow until the figures come in. 

I would think its going to be north of Brandin Cooks contract which is 5 years, 81 million with over half guaranteed. 

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Add another 10-15 million. Maybe a 100 million dollar deal. 

I hope not. I don’t want to lose Hill, but a 100 million dollar deal is highly likely to cause future problems.  I wouldn’t give that kind of money to any position outside of the qb. 

12 hours ago, moons314 said:

I hope not. I don’t want to lose Hill, but a 100 million dollar deal is highly likely to cause future problems.  I wouldn’t give that kind of money to any position outside of the qb. 

I think if you have special talent with unique skills who have proven to have the right attitude, work ethic, toughness to play through pain and overall durability. I'd roll the dice and not let them walk. But you have to be VERY selective. Tyreek is such a freak of nature athletically and still just scratching the surface of his abilities as a WR. He's got great hands and even when he slows to a 4.4 type guy can still pop the top on a defense and keep safeties honest which opens up a  lot underneath. I think he's proving he's got most of the above intangibles. If you are going to sign a guy to a contract like this, this seems like the right choice. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

No WR is worth 100-million IMO, would rather give up on some production and hope that Mahomes makes someone else the next Hill and get a couple picks in the process. 

Tyreek is special and even made Alex Smith look like the mad bomber in 2017. There literally may not be another player in the entire NFL defenses have to account for as much as him. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Tyreek is special and even made Alex Smith look like the mad bomber in 2017. There literally may not be another player in the entire NFL defenses have to account for as much as him. 

Still I think it's way too much. Don't know how the new CBA will shape up but with current standards I would just grab a couple picks for him and look for cheaper guys that are close to elite. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Yeah you cant " make someone the next Hill". A guy with sprinters speed, who has mastered the route tree, has great hands, is impossible to bump at the line, and tracks the ball that well in traffic is extraordinarily rare.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I think if you have special talent with unique skills who have proven to have the right attitude, work ethic, toughness to play through pain and overall durability. I'd roll the dice and not let them walk. But you have to be VERY selective. Tyreek is such a freak of nature athletically and still just scratching the surface of his abilities as a WR. He's got great hands and even when he slows to a 4.4 type guy can still pop the top on a defense and keep safeties honest which opens up a  lot underneath. I think he's proving he's got most of the above intangibles. If you are going to sign a guy to a contract like this, this seems like the right choice. 

I don't know how Clark Hunt does it.  Every time I hear the Chiefs gave someone a big contract, I just groan, wondering what ailment is going to amazingly come up.  From Chester McGlockton to Priest Holmes suckering Peterson out of another contract, and lately to people like Berry, who seems to have lost the urge the minute the money came it, the Chiefs have gotten burned.  It seems like they always have breakout seasons the year before a contract, such as Berry did and Houston did and I'd be willing to be Ford does.  And then there is the injuries, such as with Houston.  I'd be a crazy billionaire if I had to sign these contracts.  Of course, it is better to be a crazy billionaire than a crazy no-where-close to a millionaire that I am, but that is another story. 

59 minutes ago, SarcasticOne said:

I don't know how Clark Hunt does it.  Every time I hear the Chiefs gave someone a big contract, I just groan, wondering what ailment is going to amazingly come up.  From Chester McGlockton to Priest Holmes suckering Peterson out of another contract, and lately to people like Berry, who seems to have lost the urge the minute the money came it, the Chiefs have gotten burned.  It seems like they always have breakout seasons the year before a contract, such as Berry did and Houston did and I'd be willing to be Ford does.  And then there is the injuries, such as with Houston.  I'd be a crazy billionaire if I had to sign these contracts.  Of course, it is better to be a crazy billionaire than a crazy no-where-close to a millionaire that I am, but that is another story. 

Hunts team is worth a ton of big gigantic bucks. I dont feel bad for him. Born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I would love to have his bad contract problems!

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah you cant " make someone the next Hill". A guy with sprinters speed, who has mastered the route tree, has great hands, is impossible to bump at the line, and tracks the ball that well in traffic is extraordinarily rare.

He competes.  He plays hurt.  And he is a difference maker on special teams. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I think people forget that when guys like Drew Brees and Sean Payton are asked who the most dangerous player in the NFL is, they both immediately say Tyreek Hill.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Hunts team is worth a ton of big gigantic bucks. I dont feel bad for him. Born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I would love to have his bad contract problems!

How much he spends is pretty irrelevant and in fact it comes out of the business and not his personal account anyway. If there wasn't a salary cap he'd be spending A LOT more!  The only thing fans should be concerned about is how the players we sign impact our ability to spend in the future because there is a CAP. 

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Tyreek is the only guy other than Mahomes that I feel absolutely certain we should lock up long term.  I have zero reservations about that.  This is a no brainer.

And basically we are just replacing Watkins CAP hits with his. Makes it important to find another WR though in this draft or the next. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Tyreek is the only guy other than Mahomes that I feel absolutely certain we should lock up long term.  I have zero reservations about that.  This is a no brainer.

Yep.  It's not like the Chiefs can easily bluff about replacing him, as our track record with developing WRs isn't good.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:47 AM, Mloe68 said:

I agree with this. Not all players that are stars on a team need to be resigned with these high priced contracts but there are certain players that warrant this type of signing. Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones are the only Chiefs I would sign to these deals at this point in their careers. Everyone else is replaceable.

Archived