Chris Jones is recruiting Le'Veon Bell

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

NO DIVA and Andy still wont commit to running the ball enough to account for his contract. Also makes it difficult to keep guys like JONES.

We had the leading rusher in the NFL in 2017 by the way.  That said don't draft early or pay them big money. That's my opinion anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We were a defensive stop away from going to the SB.   We don't need a 10 million dollar rb no matter how good he is.

We also rushed for 41 yards for the game, scored 7 points in the first three quarters and lost the time of possession battle by over 2 to 1.  We were really fortunate to be in overtime based on our offensive performance.  I'm not lobbying for Bell, but that playoff game exposed our running game as a problem.   

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

We also rushed for 41 yards for the game, scored 7 points in the first three quarters and lost the time of possession battle by over 2 to 1.  We were really fortunate to be in overtime based on our offensive performance.  I'm not lobbying for Bell, but that playoff game exposed our running game as a problem.   

It was only one game. I think Andy choked some and was out coached.

20 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Maybe.  But after Kareem Hunt left, we were under 100 yards rushing 4 times in seven games.  And lost 3 of those 7 games. 

Sure: Andy fell in love with Mahommes & Passing and Mahommes had a lot of say at the line of scrimmage. It is natural that losing HUNT would effect the run game. Not to many HUNTS around. KC did not lose those games because they were under 100 yards. Thats not really a magic number. DEFENSE was the reason.

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Sure: Andy fell in love with Mahommes & Passing and Mahommes had a lot of say at the line of scrimmage. It is natural that losing HUNT would effect the run game. Not to many HUNTS around. KC did not lose those games because they were under 100 yards. Thats not really a magic number. DEFENSE was the reason.

I'm not giving the defense a pass.  Just pointing out that we kind of skidded in without Hunt.  And you are right.  There's not many Hunts around. But Bell is one of them.  I'm not saying go get him.  But we were lucky to beat the Ravens.  We probably should have been 3-4 after Hunt with two of those wins against the Raiders.  A running game is pretty important for a playoff contender and I'm not sold that WIlliams is a feature back in this offense.  

37 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

It was only one game. I think Andy choked some and was out coached.

I don’t really think you can take a 12-4 team with no defense and blame the losses on the offense mind. We are quick to criticize, but that team was run pretty well on the offensive side of the ball. 

6 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I don’t really think you can take a 12-4 team with no defense and blame the losses on the offense mind. We are quick to criticize, but that team was run pretty well on the offensive side of the ball. 

Really those losses did not matter. KC had home field advantage anyway. Brady threw a pick on the bog drive and did not deserve to go to the SB. He and Belifuck lucked out and then got there on a coin flip.

I agree with Cali Chief. Decent RBs, not Huntish, are a dime a dozen in todays spread offense NFL.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

On 12 runs...I’m not going to blame the run game for Andy’s decision to pass only.  That said bienemy has proven over and over that he can turn any kid off the streets into a Star RB.  Continue to do the same through the draft or Undrafted rookies

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We were a defensive stop away from going to the SB.   We don't need a 10 million dollar rb no matter how good he is.

$10M would be cheap.  Doesn’t he want like $15+?

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Only thing I'll say is if you're gonna overpay for a back, Bell is the one you'd want to get.

Yeah that's kind of my thoughts on it.  That said I'm not a fan of overpaying RBs.  But like u said, if u gonna...

22 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not giving the defense a pass.  Just pointing out that we kind of skidded in without Hunt.  And you are right.  There's not many Hunts around. But Bell is one of them.  I'm not saying go get him.  But we were lucky to beat the Ravens.  We probably should have been 3-4 after Hunt with two of those wins against the Raiders.  A running game is pretty important for a playoff contender and I'm not sold that WIlliams is a feature back in this offense.  

Andy coaxed a third string running back into 250 yards from scrimmage and 4 TDs in the postseason with a mediocre offensive line. But he really had to scheme that to get Williams into positions he could do that. I think next season teams would make adjustments and it won't be as easy because he's not much of an inside runner.  

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Andy coaxed a third string running back into 250 yards from scrimmage and 4 TDs in the postseason with a mediocre offensive line. But he really had to scheme that to get Williams into positions he could do that. I think next season teams would make adjustments and it won't be as easy because he's not much of an inside runner.  

He did some nice things.  He seems like a nice option out of the backfield in the passing game.  I just don't see him as a feature back. 

Archived