Chris Jones is recruiting Le'Veon Bell

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

53 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

AB in KC will never happen.  Steelers wouldn't trade him to a better team in the conference and Andy Reid wouldn't be able to handle him.

AB makes zero sense other than he would never be doubled and would always be open.  We need a young WR we can groom to take Watkins spot in 2019.  That guy can probably get open enough in same scenario (although Conley rarely could) 

Funny thing is we may be able to get as much for Dee Ford as they can for Brown. Well there’s your trade.  Much rather pay 13 million for L Bell (and I don’t ever want to pay a RB big money so that’s not saying much).  Contract wise Brown is a bargain though. 12 million per for elite WR and no guarantee in case he hits a wall or goes off deep end.  

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't want Bell.  Don't want AB.  Don't want OBJ.  Want starting quality safety.  Want second day pick for Ford.  Want new DC.  So far we got one. 

I’d love Bell on a 2 year deal. But he’s not taking that so big pass.  Instead of AB I still think a WR is possible in round 2-3 that takes Conleys spot and has upside to replace Watkins for dirt cheap.  

Hopefully they can get a deal done for Ford but no reason to give him away.  Best case scenario is we can get into free agency and sign a cornerstone defensive player and then supplement with a high value veteran or two to help change culture and adapt to new scheme. And then just keep hammering away building around those guys with cheap draft picks.  

17 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

AB makes zero sense other than he would never be doubled and would always be open.  We need a young WR we can groom to take Watkins spot in 2019.  That guy can probably get open enough in same scenario (although Conley rarely could) 

Funny thing is we may be able to get as much for Dee Ford as they can for Brown. Well there’s your trade.  Much rather pay 13 million for L Bell (and I don’t ever want to pay a RB big money so that’s not saying much)

Chiefs could up their game adding AB or Bell with key game losses of 67-63 , maybe 72-68 unless they upgrade defense.

Even if the Chiefs were somewhat interested in Brown I just can't see them investing that much money into him and what its gonna take to extend Tyreek Hill. The salary percentage wrapped up in two starting WR's would be off the chart. As stated before...we were a defensive stop away from going to the SB. If we did nothing to the offense it would still be elite. Antonio Brown wants to be paid and to get the ball. Nothing wrong with either but if its taking away throws to Hill or Kelce? Pass.

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs could up their game adding AB or Bell with key game losses of 67-63 , maybe 72-68 unless they upgrade defense.

Wait a minute. Suddenly replacing Bob Sutton doesn’t help?  

11 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Even if the Chiefs were somewhat interested in Brown I just can't see them investing that much money into him and what its gonna take to extend Tyreek Hill. The salary percentage wrapped up in two starting WR's would be off the chart. As stated before...we were a defensive stop away from going to the SB. If we did nothing to the offense it would still be elite. Antonio Brown wants to be paid and to get the ball. Nothing wrong with either but if its taking away throws to Hill or Kelce? Pass.

I will say this. I didn’t realize Brown is only going to be 31 next season and the team that gets him only has to pay about 12 million per season with no long term guarantee. That’s a steal if you get him for a day two pick.  

The Steelers actually lose money with the guaranteed money they still owe him. This is a complete dagger to them especially considering they thought they could get an Amari Cooper type trade. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I will say this. I didn’t realize Brown is only going to be 31 next season and the team that gets him only has to pay about 12 million per season with no long term guarantee. That’s a steal if you get him for a day two pick.  

The Steelers actually lose money with the guaranteed money they still owe him. This is a complete dagger to them especially considering they thought they could get an Amari Cooper type trade. 

That having been said it just seems as though he and Tyreek are the same player. I am hoping Watkins can stay healthy this next year. If he does then he and Hill will be a devastating duo. Antonio Brown has Oakland...oops Las Vegas Raiders written all over him.

49 minutes ago, dhitter said:

That having been said it just seems as though he and Tyreek are the same player. I am hoping Watkins can stay healthy this next year. If he does then he and Hill will be a devastating duo. Antonio Brown has Oakland...oops Las Vegas Raiders written all over him.

AB isn’t really all that fast.  4.5 guy at this point. He’s just a complete technician who understands how to exploit defenses and set up corners better than any WR this decade. Brown is a perfect compliment to Tyreek in my opinion. Without Watkins or if the Steelers didn’t care about giving the AFC favorites an elite WR on a marginal contract or if our defense didn’t need serious attention, this scenario would make perfect sense.  But that’s just not reality.  

Seems the rumors are saying Steelers want 1st round compensation and are only getting 2nd round.

What about Watkins+2nd for Brown.

KC saves $5.2M in cap if Watkins is traded....would also only cost Steelers $12M in cap space.  Brown would cost KC $15M-$5.2M savings= About $10M cost for Brown

Steelers do this because they have JuJu as the #1 now and can plug Watkins in as the #2.  Also Steelers are not hurting for cap because they get about $14M cap credit because of Bell stuff.  So Brown is a wash for them.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:33 PM, Thegoatee said:

I don’t want diva guys or big money RBs. But at least Bell was as valuable as a ball catcher as he was a runner.

We do need at least three good RB's, but we don't need a giant contract prima donna, no matter how good he is.  We have a good O- line, and the threat of Mahomes throwing to his targets makes it easier for RB's.  So. to me, having a stable of three or four good RB's to account for the usual hamstrings and strains, but not a GREAT RB, will be most effective for the Chiefs, especially if they are young and not on high end contracts. As long as Mahomes is with us, we can compete for a title, obviously even with a 31 ranked defense like last year. Improve the D to middle-of-the-pack with a new system and the young guys we already have a a few good draft choices, and that's it.

It still hasn't sunk in to our fans that this is an entirely new era - one where we will dominate with Mahomes and 3 or four good targets along with a young, fast, cheap D and the right defensive system to go with it.  A lot of those young D players were already drafted and a few of them are true break out candidates this year.  We have to get used to the fact that our best defensive players will have to leave in FA when their second contract comes up.  We will scream and whine about those good young defensive players being continuously lost to other teams,  but we will dominate with Mahome's as QB, using good coaching and drafting and a very aggressive scheme with young and fast players on a D that is middle of the pack.  The only truly top D players we will need are two pass rushers and gap pluggers. With Mahomes, we are in a luxurious position for the next decade or more.  We have to stop thinking MartyBall.

14 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

We do need at least three good RB's, but we don't need a giant contract prima donna, no matter how good he is.  We have a good O- line, and the threat of Mahomes throwing to his targets makes it easier for RB's.  So. to me, having a stable of three or four good RB's to account for the usual hamstrings and strains, but not a GREAT RB, will be most effective for the Chiefs, especially if they are young and not on high end contracts. As long as Mahomes is with us, we can compete for a title, obviously even with a 31 ranked defense like last year. Improve the D to middle-of-the-pack with a new system and the young guys we already have a a few good draft choices, and that's it.

It still hasn't sunk in to our fans that this is an entirely new era - one where we will dominate with Mahomes and 3 or four good targets along with a young, fast, cheap D and the right defensive system to go with it.  A lot of those young D players were already drafted and a few of them are true break out candidates this year.  We have to get used to the fact that our best defensive players will have to leave in FA when their second contract comes up.  We will scream and whine about those good young defensive players being continuously lost to other teams,  but we will dominate with Mahome's as QB, using good coaching and drafting and a very aggressive scheme with young and fast players on a D that is middle of the pack.  The only truly top D players we will need are two pass rushers and gap pluggers. With Mahomes, we are in a luxurious position for the next decade or more.  We have to stop thinking MartyBall.

Exactly right.  Mahomes and three good targets plus at least an average O-line is the key to maintaining a good team.  Keeping Hill and Kelce and one more fast threat will be enough if the team can provide serviceable RBs, line, and an average defense  That's why I hate the idea of grabbing some expensive FA, especially on offense.  When Watkins' time is up here, probably after this season, then draft a top WR coming out of college.  Doesn't have to be AB or Fitz or Jerry Rice, just a good third target.  Draft a third round RB.  Doesn't have to be Elliot or Bell or Hunt, just a third rounder who can protect the ball, catch out of the backfield, and make some yards after contact to take a little pressure off the pass game.  Go defense with the top picks.  Every stop increases the Chiefs chances of winning by a lot.  It doesn't take a lot of stops, just a few when the game is on the line with two minutes left.  Don't need Martyball, just average defense. 

16 hours ago, Balto said:

Seems the rumors are saying Steelers want 1st round compensation and are only getting 2nd round.

What about Watkins+2nd for Brown.

KC saves $5.2M in cap if Watkins is traded....would also only cost Steelers $12M in cap space.  Brown would cost KC $15M-$5.2M savings= About $10M cost for Brown

Steelers do this because they have JuJu as the #1 now and can plug Watkins in as the #2.  Also Steelers are not hurting for cap because they get about $14M cap credit because of Bell stuff.  So Brown is a wash for them.

I just don't think the Steelers would do this but it makes all the sense in the world for us.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Exactly right.  Mahomes and three good targets plus at least an average O-line is the key to maintaining a good team.  Keeping Hill and Kelce and one more fast threat will be enough if the team can provide serviceable RBs, line, and an average defense  That's why I hate the idea of grabbing some expensive FA, especially on offense.  When Watkins' time is up here, probably after this season, then draft a top WR coming out of college.  Doesn't have to be AB or Fitz or Jerry Rice, just a good third target.  Draft a third round RB.  Doesn't have to be Elliot or Bell or Hunt, just a third rounder who can protect the ball, catch out of the backfield, and make some yards after contact to take a little pressure off the pass game.  Go defense with the top picks.  Every stop increases the Chiefs chances of winning by a lot.  It doesn't take a lot of stops, just a few when the game is on the line with two minutes left.  Don't need Martyball, just average defense. 

Once we get out of cap hell with Berry and Houston gone, we will be able to sustain exactly that type of philosophy.  Our only burden is the remnants of Dorsey's mistakes with them.  I do believe we may already have that WR ready to break out this coming year or the next.  I think of Dieter or Benjamin or a new carefully chosen draftee.

13 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I wonder if any team has been poorer at drafting and developing wide receivers than the Chiefs over the past 20 years. 

This guy to replace Conley

Dolphins released Danny Amendola.

Amendola's future has been up in the air all offseason, but the Dolphins finally made the decision to cut ties on Friday. DeVante Parker's release should follow in short order, leaving Miami with Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, and not much else on the depth chart. Amendola caught 59 passes for 575 yards and a touchdown his one season in Miami. The 33-year-old should latch on with a contender if he wants to continue his career.

22 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I wonder if any team has been poorer at drafting and developing wide receivers than the Chiefs over the past 20 years. 

I think Tyreek single-handedly probably puts us ahead of a handful of teams.  Surprising example, what WR have the Patriots drafted?  All their good WRs have been from other teams. 

13 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I think Tyreek single-handedly probably puts us ahead of a handful of teams.  Surprising example, what WR have the Patriots drafted?  All their good WRs have been from other teams. 

For some reason I thought Edelman was from another team, but I still mostly stand by this assessment.

Fair enough.  But we suck at it.  On the flip side, the Steelers have been pretty good.  Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress, Antwaan Randle-El, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Ju Ju Smith Schuster seems like a pretty solid start.

Archived