Chris Jones is recruiting Le'Veon Bell

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Fair enough.  But we suck at it.  On the flip side, the Steelers have been pretty good.  Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress, Antwaan Randle-El, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Ju Ju Smith Schuster seems like a pretty solid start.

My other point is that QB has a lot to do with it.  The only time in the last 20 years that we had a QB who was capable of making receivers better, we had a world-destroying run game and TE...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

This guy to replace Conley

Dolphins released Danny Amendola.

Amendola's future has been up in the air all offseason, but the Dolphins finally made the decision to cut ties on Friday. DeVante Parker's release should follow in short order, leaving Miami with Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson, and not much else on the depth chart. Amendola caught 59 passes for 575 yards and a touchdown his one season in Miami. The 33-year-old should latch on with a contender if he wants to continue his career.

Why do they nee to replace Conley?  Deiter, Kemp, Pringle, Robinson, maybe a third day draft choice.  Conley provided next to nothing in his career that any journeyman WR couldn't have done.  The offense revolves around Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, Watkins, and the RBs.  The rest are decoys, third options, and square fillers who will catch the occasional ball when the primaries are doubled.  Don't waste draft capital and cap space on the fifth options. 

If you're worried about replacing Watkins after this season, then worry about it next year with whatever possibilities come up at that time.  This isn't an area where the Chiefs have to look too far ahead. 

33 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

1 guy in 20 years is not great. I think PM will change this though 

Yeah but if you’re limiting it to 20 years there are a lot of teams who haven’t had a Tyreek, or a Hill/Bowe combo.  So we’ve been bad but I would argue definitely not THE worst.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

And there were some on this board, who we won't name at this time, that didn't want him because players with his issues would be certain to revert to bad behavior.  🙂

Heck I won't be passive aggressive about it.  I thought it was a terrible idea and very fortunate so far everything seems to be ok.

Yeah it seemed like an unnecessary risk at the time so I'm not gonna slam anyone for thinking it was a bad pick.  The crime should have given everyone pause.  Couldn't have turned out better though.  Hell I even thought he was a gadget player, returner type at best.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Yeah it seemed like an unnecessary risk at the time so I'm not gonna slam anyone for thinking it was a bad pick.  The crime should have given everyone pause.  Couldn't have turned out better though.  Hell I even thought he was a gadget player, returner type at best.

No one ever really knows.  It is always a surprise.  That's what makes it interesting.  Tebow and Blackledge were supposed to be "can't miss" QB's.  Half of the time the really great players pop up out of nowhere. Even highly researched educated guesses will get you a grade of F half the time in NFL football.

50 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

No one ever really knows.  It is always a surprise.  That's what makes it interesting.  Tebow and Blackledge were supposed to be "can't miss" QB's.  Half of the time the really great players pop up out of nowhere. Even highly researched educated guesses will get you a grade of F half the time in NFL football.

I'm too young to remember Blackledge as a player, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't consider Tebow "can't miss."

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I do believe we may already have that WR ready to break out this coming year or the next.  I think of Dieter or Benjamin or a new carefully chosen draftee.

It may well be Byron Pringle. I think they kinda stashed him. Just a hunch, can't remember what the injury was, or how severe, but it did happend late in preseason . . . 

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

No one other than McDaniels thought Tebow would be successful.

8 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm too young to remember Blackledge as a player, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't consider Tebow "can't miss."

Not really a good example, just one that popped into my head.  There are many other better examples.  QB at an NFL level requires super fast mental processing more than physical skills, also a short emotional memory.  That combination is hard to test. All the scouts seem to care about is arm strength and accuracy, intelligence (rather than speed of mental processing), size, and college record.  Those can be easily measured. Also a passion or enthusiasm for the game, persistence, speed of learning, character.  Hard to evaluate.

8 hours ago, the Warparty said:

It may well be Byron Pringle. I think they kinda stashed him. Just a hunch, can't remember what the injury was, or how severe, but it did happend late in preseason . . . 

Yeah.  That was the other name I was trying to think of when I wrote that. 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:33 PM, dhitter said:

That having been said it just seems as though he and Tyreek are the same player. I am hoping Watkins can stay healthy this next year. If he does then he and Hill will be a devastating duo. Antonio Brown has Oakland...oops Las Vegas Raiders written all over him. 

BINGO!!

I don't know why people act like teams don't have cap room.  You only have to under or at the cap at the start of the new league year, as soon as 4:00PM EST time arrives on 3/13, you can go right back over it until the next year.

Also, OTC has KC at 22m cap room after cutting Houston.

Archived