Carlos Hyde to meet with KC

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam SchefterESPN Senior Writer  Free-agent RB Carlos Hyde, released Friday by the Jaguars, is scheduled to visit Saturday with the Kansas City Chiefs, per source. Hyde could be a complement to Chiefs' RB Damien Williams.

Hyde can ball out. He hasn't been the most consistent, but he played with shitty QB play in SF and there was too much competition at CLE and JAX just flat out stunk after KC destroyed them. He has flashed big though. I expect him to be the starter in week 1 if we get him. 

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

3.3 yds/carry?  He'd better fit in better here than in JAX. 

Jax’s offense was dogshit.  Teams could sell out to stop the run because they knew Bortles wasn’t beating them.  Different story with Mahomes.

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Didn't know he was on the market, good pickup if he's healthy. 

-- The Jacksonville Jaguars released five players on Friday, headlined by defensive tackle Malik Jackson, a move that will save the team $30 million. In addition to Jackson, the Jaguars also released safety Tashaun Gipson, running back Carlos Hyde, right tackle Jermey Parnell and long snapper Carson Tinker. The moves were made, in part, to create salary-cap space to sign a veteran quarterback, expected to be Nick Foles.

9 hours ago, Gil said:

Hyde can ball out. He hasn't been the most consistent, but he played with shitty QB play in SF and there was too much competition at CLE and JAX just flat out stunk after KC destroyed them. He has flashed big though. I expect him to be the starter in week 1 if we get him. 

I don't think he'll be the starter, but I guess anything can happen between now and then.

I just see this as cheap depth and a 1 year flyer to give us some options in case we can't find a RB we liked in the draft.

I don’t know. Numbers seem pretty pedestrian. Been on three teams and has yet to break out, which seams to negate the “change of scenery” mantra. I guess I’d rather see the Chiefs pick up a day two RB to compliment the Williams’. That said, I trust Veach and Andy to make the right call. 

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Once again. Scrooge McMoon doesnt want them to spend. Long pattern here.

lol, let's not sign anyone and just have 50-75 million in cap space for no reason.

9 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

I don’t know. Numbers seem pretty pedestrian. Been on three teams and has yet to break out, which seams to negate the “change of scenery” mantra. I guess I’d rather see the Chiefs pick up a day two RB to compliment the Williams’. That said, I trust Veach and Andy to make the right call. 

they still can.  the Hyde deal will be a small 1 or 2 year deal at the most. 

12 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

These are pretty good #s in 2017? I would take this .

His 2017 numbers not to bad....59 receptions 350 yards 240 rushes 938 yards 3.9 per carry

2017 SF 16 240 938 58.6 3.9 1 8 88 59 350 21.9 5.9

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

-- The Jacksonville Jaguars released five players on Friday, headlined by defensive tackle Malik Jackson, a move that will save the team $30 million. In addition to Jackson, the Jaguars also released safety Tashaun Gipson, running back Carlos Hyde, right tackle Jermey Parnell and long snapper Carson Tinker. The moves were made, in part, to create salary-cap space to sign a veteran quarterback, expected to be Nick Foles.

Even though he will be pricey I would still take a look at Malik Jackson as well. 

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I don’t remember this guy being a threat in the passing game, maybe im wrong about that. Its too important for the rb in this offense to be a pass catcher to sign someone who can’t do that well

His 2017 numbers not to bad....59 receptions 350 yards 240 rushes 938 yards 3.9 per carry

59 receptions is not too bad?

Archived