Carlos Hyde to meet with KC

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Such a duo in FA would bring a lot of flexibility in the draft. CB would be the only immediate need 

I would get another LB and a good TE if we have the chance. Then just add depth for development and for future guys who may go. All this with a cap space under control sounds like a dynasty in the making.

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Only difference is damien williams is a better back.

i relooked at hydes stats and he does indeed have a fumbling problem. I personally would rather have a back that aaveraged 1 yard per carry and never fumbled than a stud who fumbles every game. Not a fan of this signing

Since Andy Reid got here we’ve found value RB after value RB after value RB in the bowels of free agency.  I wouldn’t bet against Hyde being productive for dirt cheap.  Nor would I bet against Veach ultimately finding another gem in the next few drafts.  That’s really more important. 

43 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs will likely carry four RBs and I betting they pick up a RB on the second day.  Hyde doesn't end the need to replace Hunt.  

You dont find a Hunt  or a Hill or a Mahommes very often. Chiefs dont need to even draft a back at this point. This offense opens up holes for an above avg back because of Mahommes. Mahommes handles the RPA options well. So I think KC will not use a pick on a back. Maybe 6th or 7th round. Who nwas that Anderson guy in the SB? Signed off the street after leaving a KC visit. 

Experienced vet who hasn’t lived up to the hype after some flashes with the 49ers. Guy has to stay healthy and hold on to the ball if he wants another longer contract after this one though.

Someone mentioned drafting Henderson from Memphis. I saw a lot of him and he was a beast home run hittter. Though he got a lot of mileage and got knocked out of some games, yet he tried to play through it. Not sure if he will be as good in the NFL, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns heads if he stays healthy.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Respectfully disagree. He's pretty talented. Injury prone for sure, but I think hes more talented than your average scrap heap pickup. 

As with nearly everyone in nfl. Lots of talent. It’s about availability and consistency. 

I watched all his games. He’s the kind of guy who has to take a breather after a couple handoffs. Or leave the game after being “knicked”

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

You dont find a Hunt  or a Hill or a Mahommes very often. Chiefs dont need to even draft a back at this point. This offense opens up holes for an above avg back because of Mahommes. Mahommes handles the RPA options well. So I think KC will not use a pick on a back. Maybe 6th or 7th round. Who nwas that Anderson guy in the SB? Signed off the street after leaving a KC visit. 

They use a RB as a receiver and I think the draft choice would be a RB with receiving skills and who can break tackles in the open field.  JC and Hunt were two examples drafted in the third round.  Chances of getting the level is slim, but the team doesn't need that much, just another option for Mahomes. 

8 minutes ago, Calichief said:

As with nearly everyone in nfl. Lots of talent. It’s about availability and consistency. 

I watched all his games. He’s the kind of guy who has to take a breather after a couple handoffs. Or leave the game after being “knicked”

Fair enough. Im glad Veach doesnt agree.

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock in what a player does in a bottom feeder organization like the 49ers when he was there.  His role is to replace Spencer Ware and  compete for playing time vs Darrell Williams.  He’s cheap, has clear upside especially in our system and we are on the hook for little if he pans out like you think.  That’s a solid signing to me in an organization that’s good at these type signings.

This is hardly some crucial move to put us over the top. It’s a subtle example of.Veach expanding his options with little risk. We still have another clear roster opening at RB  there.  A move like this allows Veach to be more selective in finding long term answer.  

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock in what a player does in a bottom feeder organization like the 49ers when he was there.  His role is to replace Spencer Ware and  compete for playing time vs Darrell Williams.  He’s cheap, has clear upside especially in our system and we are on the hook for little if he pans out like you think.  That’s a solid signing to me in an organization that’s good at these type signings.

This is hardly some crucial move to put us over the top. It’s a subtle example of.Veach expanding his options with little risk. We still have another clear roster opening at RB  there.  A move like this allows Veach to be more selective in finding long term answer.  

My thoughts exactly.

Now, we don't need to look at RB as hard in this year's draft.  

If a top rated RB falls to us in the later rounds, great, if not, we can just look at the undrafted guys and go from there.

Just now, dksww said:

My thoughts exactly.

Now, we don't need to look at RB as hard in this year's draft.  

If a top rated RB falls to us in the later rounds, great, if not, we can just look at the undrafted guys and go from there.

Exactly 

18 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I think it could be okay if he can get motivated again.  If.

Think it also really takes them out of the market for a RB in the draft.

Not so sure about that.  You know Veach is gonna load up on RBs again.

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs will likely carry four RBs and I betting they pick up a RB on the second day.  Hyde doesn't end the need to replace Hunt.  

Exactly. Veach said as much yesterday. I’d say there’s still a reasonable chance we draft a RB on day two based on his comments and how draft shakes out.  VERY clearly we are still looking. 

13 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Exactly. Veach said as much yesterday. I’d say there’s still a reasonable chance we draft a RB on day two based on his comments and how draft shakes out.  VERY clearly we are still looking. 

We have three big bruising backs now.  We need one smaller, faster back who can make the quick cuts and has a burst. Definitely in the draft.

Archived