Carlos Hyde to meet with KC

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 hours ago, DieHard said:

I see it as a comity with Damien getting the lions share of opportunities. Mask Hyde’s injuries a little. I think they may see something in the other Williams. I don’t think they go high after a RB. 

I'll be disappointed if they don't grab one on the second day, third round. 

22 hours ago, DieHard said:

I see it as a comity with Damien getting the lions share of opportunities. Mask Hyde’s injuries a little. I think they may see something in the other Williams. I don’t think they go high after a RB. 

The few runs I saw by Darryl Williams looked pretty good.  He made a couple of very quick cuts.  Not much to go on, but the staff must have thought he was pretty decent to make the roster.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, jetlord said:

I’ve been certain that the third rd is where the Chiefs will snag another running back.

Historically the 3rd round has been a fantastic spot, Frank Gore, Jamaal Charles, DeMarco Murray and yes Kareem Hunt. All 3rd rounders. 

6 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

I’ve been certain that the third rd is where the Chiefs will snag another running back.

Historically the 3rd round has been a fantastic spot, Frank Gore, Jamaal Charles, DeMarco Murray and yes Kareem Hunt. All 3rd rounders. 

And the prize this year may be Henderson form Temple.  He'd be a great compliment to Williams and Hyde. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

You like the RB from A&M ?

Williams?  Don't know much about him.  He might be a good 4th round pick up, but the Chiefs don't have a fourth rounder.  What do you like bout him?  Speed, power, tackle breaker, pass catcher, pass blocker?

43 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Williams?  Don't know much about him.  He might be a good 4th round pick up, but the Chiefs don't have a fourth rounder.  What do you like bout him?  Speed, power, tackle breaker, pass catcher, pass blocker?

Tough. Led the SEC in yards after contact. Most underrated stat.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, jetlord said:

Mike Weber if he's around... speed, good blocker, great hands out of the backfield... excels on wheel routes

On 3/10/2019 at 2:09 PM, Docbarnabee said:

Good move. Picked up a good player that does not count against free agent, since he was released.

Not sure I follow, Doc. He became a FA as soon as he was released. He’ll count t toward compensatory pick calculation, whatever that algorithm is. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Wow!  You sure have a thing for players from Iowa.  😃

Iowa yes, but not so much for Iowa State. The RB Montgomery and the WR Butler look good though and ibwould not mind either 

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

I wouldn't spend anything beyond a late Day 3rd choice on him.  Stanford ran the piss out of him.

Wasn't he pretty good until the other teams figured out that to stop him was to stop Stanford?  He might be good in a pass first offense. 

8 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I wouldn't spend anything beyond a late Day 3rd choice on him.  Stanford ran the piss out of him.

Yep,  probably going to drop pretty far. He’ll have a couple good years in him.

10 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Not sure I follow, Doc. He became a FA as soon as he was released. He’ll count t toward compensatory pick calculation, whatever that algorithm is. 

Released players don't count in the compensatory formula.  Here's a primer:

In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); he must sign during the UFA signing period (which ended July 27 last year); if he signs after June 1[*], he must have been tendered a June 1 qualifying offer by his old team; his compensatory value or contract value must be above a specific minimum amount; and he cannot have been permanently released by his new team before a certain point in the season (which seems to be after Week 10) or, possibly, before getting a certain amount of playing time, unless he was claimed off waivers by another team.

5 hours ago, xen said:

Released players don't count in the compensatory formula.  Here's a primer:

In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); he must sign during the UFA signing period (which ended July 27 last year); if he signs after June 1[*], he must have been tendered a June 1 qualifying offer by his old team; his compensatory value or contract value must be above a specific minimum amount; and he cannot have been permanently released by his new team before a certain point in the season (which seems to be after Week 10) or, possibly, before getting a certain amount of playing time, unless he was claimed off waivers by another team.

I bow before your vast wisdom, oh mighty Xen!

Archived