Chiefs free agent rumors and signings 2019

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, dksww said:

It's better than a 2021 3rd round comp for letting him walk.

Early reports were that it was for a 2019 3rd, this is better.

It does seem now that Veach never planned to keep him and only tagged him thinking he could get at least a 3rd for him.

You guys know this is what the Patriots, do, right?

You don't over pay for one-dimensional players. 

The Chiefs can use the 15m in cap space to fill other holes and the 2nd round pick of the 49ers is way better than 3rd round compensation next year or in 2021 had he played under the tag.

You're expectations are ridiculous considering most Chiefs' fans thought Dee Ford  sucked going into the 2018 season.

Just now, FANATIC said:

ig: josinaanderson Retweeted ig: josinaanderson

Sounds like the #49ers will give Dee Ford a multi-year deal once the trade becomes official in the line of 5 years/$87.5M, per source.

ig: josinaanderson added,

Dear God

Just now, FANATIC said:

Sorry I am not a member of your cult. I like Dee Ford my Bad.

I like Dee Ford too. And I like Brett Veach. I think if Clark Hunt and Andy Reid trust him to handle this teams personnel decisions, I should give him the benefit of the doubt. The team went to the AFC championship his first year as a GM, and you are spouting this ridiculous " Veach the Leach" nonsense.

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

ig: josinaanderson Retweeted ig: josinaanderson

Sounds like the #49ers will give Dee Ford a multi-year deal once the trade becomes official in the line of 5 years/$87.5M, per source.

ig: josinaanderson added,

Ok I’m not mad anymore lololol $18M per year would of made me crazy.  Great job Veach

I like it. Use the money to go after another DE or CB and use draft however we want. Add depth, competition etc can also free us up to go after BPA. All this and we have a lot of capnspace next year too. So far we have LB and S done. I think we go after CB since this draft is so heavy on DL side.

I'm sorry this is bullshit, we need this year's 2nd. SF has a high 2nd round pick THIS year, next year they get their starting QB back and will possibly finish with a much lower round pick. This was bad negotiating by Veach. 

Yay, we get the money off the books to "do something," where the hell you planning on getting QB pressure from now that 85% of last year's sacks just went out the door and you're having to wait to use that needed pick until next year?

Get this year's 2nd and if you got a player get him and if not trade if for next year, but be in control of the terms.

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'm sorry this is bullshit, we need this year's 2nd. SF has a high 2nd round pick THIS year, next year they get their starting QB back and will possibly finish with a much lower round pick. This was bad negotiating by Veach. 

Yay, we get the money off the books to "do something," where the hell you planning on getting QB pressure from now that 85% of last year's sacks just went out the door and you're having to wait to use that needed pick until next year?

Get this year's 2nd and if you got a player get him and if not trade if for next year, but be in control of the terms.

Exactly. 

49ers acquired OLB Dee Ford from the Chiefs in exchange for a 2020 second-round pick.

Ford and the 49ers have agreed to a multi-year extension, and Kansas City has now dealt its "franchise" player after slapping the tag on Ford last week. That the Chiefs were only able to get a 2020 second-rounder for Ford is a bit of a surprise, and they're now without both Ford and Justin Houston, who accounted for 22 sacks last season. Chris Jones is going to have to continue to wreak havoc on the inside, and sophomore Breeland Speaks should step into a larger role off the edge. New DC Steve Spagnuolo is switching the Chiefs to a 4-3 front and didn't think Ford was a good fit in that scheme.

Archived