Chiefs free agent rumors and signings 2019

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

best available free agents remaining:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-pffs-top-25-remaining-free-agents-in-2019

Some value I see there is with Darby, S. Barrett, T. Eifert and Clinton-Dix.  Zach Brown.

Some lower level guys that could help would be Shane Ray and Bashaud Breeland

I would like KJ Wright at a decent price. 

Posted this before but I think we get one of these guys at their positions.

Dennard, Darby or Breeland at CB. Wright or Barrett or Ray at LB, Barrett or Ray can do DE role too

Ansah on  a prove it one year deal or 2 years with being able to be cut if nothing shows and no dead money on a team option  2nd year.

Kerry Hyder is a better fit in the 43 too and may be worth a try.

15 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Posted this before but I think we get one of these guys at their positions.

Dennard, Darby or Breeland at CB. Wright or Barrett or Ray at LB, Barrett or Ray can do DE role too

Ansah on  a prove it one year deal or 2 years with being able to be cut if nothing shows and no dead money on a team option  2nd year.

Kerry Hyder is a better fit in the 43 too and may be worth a try.

I'd be ok with your DBs, Shane Ray or Ansah.

I like the Honey Badger signing.

I am not pleased that we traded &/or cut our 2 best pass rushers.  This does not improve our defense.  Sort of reminds me of us trading away our best DB then having a historically bad secondary in 2018.

If we were to sign Ogbah and claim to have replaced Ford & Houston's production I'm going to be pissed.  The Wilson kid from Dallas is an underwhelming FA sign.

3 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I'd be ok with your DBs, Shane Ray or Ansah.

I like the Honey Badger signing.

I am not pleased that we traded &/or cut our 2 best pass rushers.  This does not improve our defense.  Sort of reminds me of us trading away our best DB then having a historically bad secondary in 2018.

If we were to sign Ogbah and claim to have replaced Ford & Houston's production I'm going to be pissed.  The Wilson kid from Dallas is an underwhelming FA sign.

If the pass defense is "historically bad" then why be upset at not having to pay a ridiculous 35 million in CAP hits next year for pass rushers that were part of that equation? The pass rush dissapeared whenever we really needed it. Who really got the better of the Peters trade? That's a deal the Patriots make. You want to cause problems or not work with us on salary. See ya. 

13 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

If the pass defense is "historically bad" then why be upset at not having to pay a ridiculous 35 million in CAP hits next year for pass rushers that were part of that equation? The pass rush dissapeared whenever we really needed it. Who really got the better of the Peters trade? That's a deal the Patriots make. You want to cause problems or not work with us on salary. See ya. 

Our secondary cannot cover guys for 10 seconds if we have no pass rush .... you are right about our rush disappearing in key games.

59 minutes ago, dksww said:

best available free agents remaining:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-pffs-top-25-remaining-free-agents-in-2019

Some value I see there is with Darby, S. Barrett, T. Eifert and Clinton-Dix.  Zach Brown.

Some lower level guys that could help would be Shane Ray and Bashaud Breeland

Aren't several of those player questionable as to their injury status?  

1 minute ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Our secondary cannot cover guys for 10 seconds if we have no pass rush .... you are right about our rush disappearing in key games.

coverage is more important in today's nfl per most recent studies.  teams throw the ball so quick it matters more now.

the draft is loaded with DL and and edge rushers, the Chiefs will be fine

25 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I am not pleased that we traded &/or cut our 2 best pass rushers. 

Chris Jones led the team in sacks.  We have no idea what KPass or Speaks can do as 4-3 defensive ends.  Honey Badger is an effective pass rusher and we are yet to draft.  Plus we have a new coordinator that is known for creating pressure. 

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Chris Jones led the team in sacks.  We have no idea what KPass or Speaks can do as 4-3 defensive ends.  Honey Badger is an effective pass rusher and we are yet to draft.  Plus we have a new coordinator that is known for creating pressure. 

I too am interested to see if/how KPass fits in to all of this.

15 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

You bring up an interesting point with Jones.... will they utilize him as a DT or a DE in the 4-3?

Archived