Chiefs free agent rumors and signings 2019

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, xen said:

BTW Jason Verrett scheduled to visit KC.  Good player but bad injury history.

I liked him early on but too many injuries. Wouldn't go for anything more than a prove-it deal at this point or something loaded with incentives. 

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I liked him early on but too many injuries. Wouldn't go for anything more than a prove-it deal at this point or something loaded with incentives. 

We're his third visit so if he makes it that far I would think it would be a prove it contract.

9 minutes ago, xen said:

We're his third visit so if he makes it that far I would think it would be a prove it contract.

I would definitely go for that, may be sweeten it a bit to avoid future visits. A lot of upside there if he can stay healthy. 

27 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I would definitely go for that, may be sweeten it a bit to avoid future visits. A lot of upside there if he can stay healthy. 

Oh no doubt he has talent. Getting him on the field would be an upside for any team. But my gosh his injury history is even more disturbing than Berry's. Almost like he is snake bit. Any team that signs him I would think would be a 1 year deal.

Look at trading for Lawrence from the Cowboys? We have 3 picks in top 100 the next couple years and can get a proven commodity ready to go. No idea on what they would want but he did not like being tagged a 2nd time.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Not really.  The average is about 250k less per year, but the ravens are locked in for longer with the guarantees in that contract, whereas I would bet KC has an out on HB after year 2.  Could be worth it for Thomas, but who knows.  Seems high for a 3rd contract guy, but hey if it works out on the field then it's all good.

Btw I agree it's not that big of a deal with the pass rushers you lost.  One's old and the other was pretty mediocre.  Pretty similiar to what we jettisoned.

32 MILL Guaranteed- 20 mill Sign Bonus, 2 mill salary---22 mill comes in the first 9 months, cut him after year 3 and its a $5mill cap hit. Not a bad a deal for a generational player.

38 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Look at trading for Lawrence from the Cowboys? We have 3 picks in top 100 the next couple years and can get a proven commodity ready to go. No idea on what they would want but he did not like being tagged a 2nd time.

Jones already loves to overpay and even they weren't able to reach a deal with him. I wouldn't really look to add such a guy to the mix, he'll probably want the world.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah I don't think it would happen, but never know.

The Cowboys asking price and his asking price will probably be too rich.

The Chiefs have expressed interest in former #Mizzou star and #Cardinals DE Markus Golden, per a source.

Golden, a St. Louis native, is a former second-round pick who led Arizona in sacks with 12.5 in 2016. Golden tore his ACL in 2017 and had 2.5 sacks in 11 starts last season.

Per Terez Twitter

Can one of you experts explain the different requirements between a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE.  We see so many classified as EDGE but can most players so labeled play either position?  I assume the OLB would need better coverage skills and the DE might require a little more bulk and get away with less speed.  Just looking for some details. 

27 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Can one of you experts explain the different requirements between a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE.  We see so many classified as EDGE but can most players so labeled play either position?  I assume the OLB would need better coverage skills and the DE might require a little more bulk and get away with less speed.  Just looking for some details. 

Where they line up at on the line and hands on ground or not. OLB will have to cover receivers and such more often while then 43 DE does more run responsiblity 

Dix is gone. Been nice to him on a 1 year deal

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 8m The #Bears are signing S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to a 1-year deal, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo . Formerly of the #Redskins and #Packers, he gets a new home in Chicago 

Chiefs agreed to terms with DE Alex Okafor on a three-year contract.

Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the deal is worth "up to" $24 million. The Chiefs had a need on the outside after flipping franchise player Dee Ford to the 49ers. Coming back from a torn Achilles' tendon last season, Okafor ended up starting all 16 games, registering 4.5 sacks while plugging the run. Okafor is not a star player, but he should provide quality snaps for a defense the Chiefs desperately need to be better.

RELATED: 

Yeah the haha 1 year 3.5 million dollar deal would have been nice and would have locked down that position with HB and Dix as the starters and Lucas and Watts as backups.   We could have made that money up by cutting both murray and sorenson

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah the haha 1 year 3.5 million dollar deal would have been nice and would have locked down that position with HB and Dix as the starters and Lucas and Watts as backups.   We could have made that money up by cutting both murray and sorenson

Must be a good reason he could not get a longer/better deal?  Its not like lots of teams are not in need.

50 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Must be a good reason he could not get a longer/better deal?  Its not like lots of teams are not in need.

they can get S depth in the draft.  They already know Lucas can play and still have Sorenson, for the moment at least..

Well we have LB, S, DE so far. Get Darby and we have hit every position of need before the draft. Then have depth/development through draft and oh, we freed up 9.5 million for anyone cut after June 1st. Veach is doing a hell of a job.

35 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well we have LB, S, DE so far. Get Darby and we have hit every position of need before the draft. Then have depth/development through draft and oh, we freed up 9.5 million for anyone cut after June 1st. Veach is doing a hell of a job.

Gotta believe there will be very capable player to fill any hole we might have after June 1st.   I'd prefer that not be a wr though with Andy's offense being notoriously difficult to pick up quickly.   

Archived