Chiefs free agent rumors and signings 2019

44 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well we have LB, S, DE so far. Get Darby and we have hit every position of need before the draft. Then have depth/development through draft and oh, we freed up 9.5 million for anyone cut after June 1st. Veach is doing a hell of a job.

This would allow Veach to stick to his draft board and take an offensive player with one of those top three picks if it works out that way.  

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

This would allow Veach to stick to his draft board and take an offensive player with one of those top three picks if it works out that way.  

I'd like to see us pick up two corners in free agency and then trade all of our 2019 draft picks for 2020 picks.  I think that would be pretty ballsy.  

The Chiefs simply put....have not done enough. I know we still have the draft but we cannot rely on rookies to step in and carry this defense. We still have too many holes on the defensive side to say this is it until the draft. Still thinking we need 1 more decent signing (Darby?)...who knows. I would be disappointed (and slightly worried) if we didn't get in another solid veteran player with some skills.

11 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Where they line up at on the line and hands on ground or not. OLB will have to cover receivers and such more often while then 43 DE does more run responsiblity 

Yeah, I knew that.  Just wondering how easily a player at one position could transfer to the other.  Could a 240 pound OLB move to DE, for example. 

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1m #Bengals first-round CB Darqueze Dennard, one of the top available players in free agency, is set to visit the Kansas City #Chiefs this week, source said.

Many wanted him instead of Dee Ford in that draft.  It would be pretty funny if he was now in and Ford is now out.

56 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I’m a fan of Conley as a person and the intangibles and blocking ability he brings to a team.  But despite his straight line speed, he just can’t get open with any regularity and his upside seems very low at this point.  I’ve thought we needed a WR in the draft all along and now that seems even more important with everything going on.  

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I’m a fan of Conley as a person and the intangibles and blocking ability he brings to a team.  But despite his straight line speed, he just can’t get open with any regularity and his upside seems very low at this point.  I’ve thought we needed a WR in the draft all along and now that seems even more important with everything going on.  

I hope he gets a deal similar to Wilson, that would be a huge steal for us next year. 

So far, I'm happy...love the Mathieu and Okafor signings, not sure about Damien Wilson... but the Chiefs haven't been this active in in signing prior to the draft in a while.  When was the last time, prior to HB, that the Chiefs made a big splash on Day1 of FA?  A long time.  I am optimistic that a new era is upon the Chiefs and they are far from finished.

42 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

So far, I'm happy...love the Mathieu and Okafor signings, not sure about Damien Wilson... but the Chiefs haven't been this active in in signing prior to the draft in a while.  When was the last time, prior to HB, that the Chiefs made a big splash on Day1 of FA?  A long time.  I am optimistic that a new era is upon the Chiefs and they are far from finished.

Well we were active last year with Watkins and Hitchen. Veach is creating room with cap, getting FA to fill holes and still getting draft picks too. Good job by him so far.

40 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens were both day one big signings. But point taken Brett Veach isn’t afraid to make make big moves in free agency. 

The big trade rumor that I heard, is that the Chiefs may be working on a deal to trade for Frank Clark, the Seahawks can't tag him again next year and they need to pay Russell Wilson, so we could take the 2nd round pick for Ford and possibly make a deal.

3 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I think we probably need these positions for bench depth or starters either via draft or free agency:

S

CB x 2

Pass Rusher x 2 (either as LB or DE)

G

C

TE

WR x 2

RB

I bet we get 4 in the draft as good depth, I can see 2 starters. Then we use team cuts to sign a couple more

Archived