Chiefs free agent rumors and signings 2019

5 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

The big trade rumor that I heard, is that the Chiefs may be working on a deal to trade for Frank Clark, the Seahawks can't tag him again next year and they need to pay Russell Wilson, so we could take the 2nd round pick for Ford and possibly make a deal.

I would be on board for this. He can do a lot and has gotten better each year. Okafor or Speaks would be depth or for a different package when we go to a 3 4, nickle look?

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I would be on board for this. He can do a lot and has gotten better each year. Okafor or Speaks would be depth or for a different package when we go to a 3 4, nickle look?

I think the Chiefs and Seahawks like working together, so it is very possible this trade could happen.

11 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I think the Chiefs and Seahawks like working together, so it is very possible this trade could happen.

Where did you first read the rumor? Not doubting you, I just think its weird they wouldnt pay Ford, but would possibly trade for a guy who will cost just as much. He is 2 yrs younger and a much better 43 fit though, so who knows.

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Where did you first read the rumor? Not doubting you, I just think its weird they wouldnt pay Ford, but would possibly trade for a guy who will cost just as much. He is 2 yrs younger and a much better 43 fit though, so who knows.

I also read a rumor Veach is trying to get J Clowney.  So who really knows if there’s anything more than us having a need and someone putting these deals together randomly. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I also read a rumor Veach is trying to get J Clowney.  So who really knows if there’s anything more than us having a need and someone putting these deals together randomly. 

Clowney would be a better fit for the 43 too. Who knows. Veach is aggressive though. Something is gonna pop soon.

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I heard it on the radio, but somebody does have an article out there explaining everything.

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Houston has a 3-4 defense and the Seahawks have a 4-3 defense, Houston is an AFC team and the Seahawks are a NFC team, so IMO the Frank Clark trade is more likely to happen just because he doesn't play in the AFC.

1 hour ago, NChiefsCorner said:

The big trade rumor that I heard, is that the Chiefs may be working on a deal to trade for Frank Clark, the Seahawks can't tag him again next year and they need to pay Russell Wilson, so we could take the 2nd round pick for Ford and possibly make a deal.

He is the guy I wanted since the end of the season.   Get it done Veach!

23 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Houston has a 3-4 defense and the Seahawks have a 4-3 defense, Houston is an AFC team and the Seahawks are a NFC team, so IMO the Frank Clark trade is more likely to happen just because he doesn't play in the AFC.

Clowney would be a beast in a 4-3 at either DE position. But you are right the Texans may balk at trading him to AFC rival. He’s gonna cost more draft capital and cash than Clark because he’s better. MAYBE we could get Clark for a 2nd and 5th or something where Clowney is gonna get a 1st and maybe more.  So for Clark we give up a 2nd, 5th and say 90 million dollars.  Clowney a 1st, 4th and 100 million. That’s my guess.  And this is a very deep draft at edge rusher. 

38 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

No to clowney, the guy gets hurt too often. Had enough of those type players. 

I disagree. He had that bad initial injury he has only missed 4 games since returning in 2015 then and just turned 26 a few weeks ago. He's as good as anyone in the league vs the run and has developed into a good pass rusher with skills to be elite. But I do agree his price tag probably takes us out of that market especially with this being a strong draft with edge rushers. Clark offers a more reasonable price tag for compensation and with two second rounders maybe we could use that and another pick to make that happen. But also consider while Clowney is elite vs the run, Clark had the second most missed tackles at the position. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I disagree. He had that bad initial injury he has only missed 4 games since returning in 2015 then and just turned 26 a few weeks ago. He's as good as anyone in the league vs the run and has developed into a good pass rusher with skills to be elite. But I do agree his price tag probably takes us out of that market especially with this being a strong draft with edge rushers. Clark offers a more reasonable price tag for compensation and with two second rounders maybe we could use that and another pick to make that happen. But also consider while Clowney is elite vs the run, Clark had the second most missed tackles at the position. 

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but how do you know what Clarks price tag is?

Clark's possible trade is the talk in Seattle, but haven't heard KC specifically. With the Thomas deal during the season I think there are some good relations that could help out. IMO Clarks is the best DE on the market this year including the ones that have been extended but he could be asking for the world. 

They need some cap space to extend Wilson but he sure will ruin that franchise. Might be the most overrated QB in the NFL. 

47 minutes ago, sith13 said:

They need some cap space to extend Wilson but he sure will ruin that franchise. Might be the most overrated QB in the NFL. 

Sometimes the things you say are mind boggling.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

Look at this guys career numbers. This is a possible HOF trajectory. 

46 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I vote no to clowney, dont want to overpay for pass rushers who are negated by good qbs who get rid of the ball quickly.

spend our capital on secondary, smart players who do their assignment, and weapons for mahomes 

This is the part that concerns me, and leaves me wondering if Veach and Reid are coming to this conclusion. Pass rush is great, but if you’re play Tom Brady and he’s throwing the ball inside of 3 seconds, then pass rush is worthless no matter who you have.   Honestly I’d rather build the back end and get stout against the run.  With modern rules favoring receivers and QBs no longer allowed to be hit, I’m starting to believe that straight up pass rushers are losing value because of the speed in which the ball comes out. I think we’d be better served using mixed blitz packages to create pressure. 

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but how do you know what Clarks price tag is?

Damn jerk. LOL.   I don’t.other than a few articles written by Seattle media speculating and some sense within that the situation is a little desperate..He could easily take our first rounder. My point would be if they would take a second rounder and another pick. We could do that.  I hate the idea of giving up a player we would have 5 years of club control on a very cheap rookie deal and have to give a guy a gigantic contract in the 80-90 million range.  And then turn around and do the same for Chris Jones too.  

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Sometimes the things you say are mind boggling.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

Look at this guys career numbers. This is a possible HOF trajectory. 

I really like the guy from DVOA Soren Petro always has on. And he said towards the end of the year that Patrick Mahomes graded out not only as the best QB, but by.a wide margin. Not surprising.  But then he added the second best QB was also well ahead of anyone in the league and that was Russell Wilson.  The guy consistently delivers difficult throws at crucial times. Heck we saw it in our game. 

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I really like the guy from DVOA Soren Petro always has on. And he said towards the end of the year that Patrick Mahomes graded out not only as the best QB, but by.a wide margin. Not surprising.  But then he added the second best QB was also well ahead of anyone in the league and that was Russell Wilson.  The guy consistently delivers difficult throws at crucial times. Heck we saw it in our game. 

His 7 seasons averaged out would give you a line of 64.2% completion percentage, 100.3 QBR, 28 TDs, 9 INT's, and 3,660 yds. 

5 pro bowls in 7 years. Never led a team to less than 9 wins in 7 years. SB winner. Never had a good offensive line in front of him.

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

This is the part that concerns me, and leaves me wondering if Veach and Reid are coming to this conclusion. Pass rush is great, but if you’re play Tom Brady and he’s throwing the ball inside of 3 seconds, then pass rush is worthless no matter who you have.   Honestly I’d rather build the back end and get stout against the run.  With modern rules favoring receivers and QBs no longer allowed to be hit, I’m starting to believe that straight up pass rushers are losing value because of the speed in which the ball comes out. I think we’d be better served using mixed blitz packages to create pressure. 

Yes exactly, this is what i was thinking in my head but was having trouble conveying this well with my typing.

22 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Do we really want another woman beater on the team?

Archived