Chiefs free agent rumors and signings 2019

1 hour ago, xen said:

Everyone calm down please.

Bad SEMO.  No!  You do that outside...  OUTSIDE!

there he's been admonished.  

Maybe have hill babysit semo for a night. Sorry I know to soon. Bad humor.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Chiefs were looking at Dennard at some point...and have shown interest in Jordy Nelson. I'm still thinking there has got to be one more key signing by Veach before its all said and done.

On a side note...Justin Houston remains the highest ranking FA (NFL network) who has not signed a deal yet.

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

I know Chiefs were looking at Dennard at some point...and have shown interest in Jordy Nelson. I'm still thinking there has got to be one more key signing by Veach before its all said and done.

On a side note...Justin Houston remains the highest ranking FA (NFL network) who has not signed a deal yet.

Ravens are interested in him. He'd be an upgrade over Suggs and Zadarius Smith...

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

Not sure how true but I've read tamba might be losing his mind, hope it's fake news or was hacked.

I read through his timeline.  It sounded like he went off the reservation. Thought he was being watched and possibly by something non human. Kept talking about how Christ would be protect his home. Weird shit.

Robert Quinn anyone?  Veach tried to get him in the Peters trade

Dolphins Willing To Pay Part Of DE Robert Quinn’s Salary To Trade Him

By
 Nate Bouda
 - 
March 18, 2019

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins are trying everything they can to trade DE Robert Quinn in the hope of adding some extra draft capital to aid their rebuild.

Salguero mentions that the Dolphins are willing to sweeten the financial pot to trade Quinn. Miami has already paid Quinn his $1.12 million roster bonus, which lowers his the amount a team would take on from $12.9 million to $11.8 million.

A “well-placed league source” tells Salguero that the Dolphins are open to paying even more of Quinn’s salary, depending on the draft compensation they would receive a trade.

This is similar to what Miami did last week with Ryan Tannehill when they paid him $5 million to aid the agreement and net themselves a future fourth-round pick.

Salguero wouldn’t be surprised if the Dolphins walked away with a 2020 pick for Quinn if they’re able to trade him. Salguero speculates that they would want to get a third-round in 2020 for Quinn, which is roughly equivalent to a 2019 fourth rounder.

Quinn, 28, is a former first-round pick of the Rams back in 2011. He’s entering the final year of his four-year, $66.575 million extension that included $41.268 million guaranteed and stands to make a base salary of $11.811 million for the 2019 season. 

According to OverTheCap.com, trading Quinn will free up $12,932,332 of available cap space for the Dolphins while creating no dead money.

In 2018, Quinn appeared in all 16 games for the Dolphins and recorded 38 tackles, 6.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 38 edge rusher out of 103 qualifying players.

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

Robert Quinn anyone?  Veach tried to get him in the Peters trade

Dolphins Willing To Pay Part Of DE Robert Quinn’s Salary To Trade Him

By
 Nate Bouda
 - 
March 18, 2019

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins are trying everything they can to trade DE Robert Quinn in the hope of adding some extra draft capital to aid their rebuild.

Salguero mentions that the Dolphins are willing to sweeten the financial pot to trade Quinn. Miami has already paid Quinn his $1.12 million roster bonus, which lowers his the amount a team would take on from $12.9 million to $11.8 million.

A “well-placed league source” tells Salguero that the Dolphins are open to paying even more of Quinn’s salary, depending on the draft compensation they would receive a trade.

This is similar to what Miami did last week with Ryan Tannehill when they paid him $5 million to aid the agreement and net themselves a future fourth-round pick.

Salguero wouldn’t be surprised if the Dolphins walked away with a 2020 pick for Quinn if they’re able to trade him. Salguero speculates that they would want to get a third-round in 2020 for Quinn, which is roughly equivalent to a 2019 fourth rounder.

Quinn, 28, is a former first-round pick of the Rams back in 2011. He’s entering the final year of his four-year, $66.575 million extension that included $41.268 million guaranteed and stands to make a base salary of $11.811 million for the 2019 season. 

According to OverTheCap.com, trading Quinn will free up $12,932,332 of available cap space for the Dolphins while creating no dead money.

In 2018, Quinn appeared in all 16 games for the Dolphins and recorded 38 tackles, 6.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 38 edge rusher out of 103 qualifying players.

This guy will get cut.   If we took on that contract we might as well try and resign Justin Houston.

Trouble with free agents is most of them overestimate their value. Unfortunately, because a lot of mediocre players get thrown stupid money contracts by crappy teams with loads of cap room, it gives those unsigned players hope that they can snag a great deal if they are just patient enough and work the system. Nothing wrong with trying to get the most money you can. But when teams are offering 1 year incentive deals at 5 mil on a prove it contract...and the player is thinking 4 year deal at 10 million per...there is a disconnect there that the player probably will never comprehend.

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

Trouble with free agents is most of them overestimate their value. Unfortunately, because a lot of mediocre players get thrown stupid money contracts by crappy teams with loads of cap room, it gives those unsigned players hope that they can snag a great deal if they are just patient enough and work the system. Nothing wrong with trying to get the most money you can. But when teams are offering 1 year incentive deals at 5 mil on a prove it contract...and the player is thinking 4 year deal at 10 million per...there is a disconnect there that the player probably will never comprehend.

Teams have to spend the cap somehow and there are finite number of players that actually deserve money so some lame guys always get the big bucks. 

49 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

used by another player to get a contract with his old team....

I think signing Breeland ended our need to sign an average player to a multi year deal. Go draft a guy with the first two picks and we are in decent shape at corner.  And I’d go ahead and extend Fuller. Or if a high level player can still be had via reasonable trade.  I’d still consider that.  

Archived