Chiefs free agent rumors and signings 2019

9 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

According to Spotrac, we still have $22.5 cap available and that is with Berry's full cap hit and not a post June 1 designation. Is there anybody left worth targetting in free agency or anyone on the trading block? We heard reports we missed out on Earl Thomas and DeMarcus Lawrence. I sure hope we didn't cut and let players go that could help us in order to free up cap space we don't use. So who would you still like to see us target?

Get a 1 to 2 year type player like Tre Boston or whoever there we need some depth at before ir right after the draft. You also have cut players we may add later on. Biggest thing is extending and using the cap to pay upfront extensions for Jones, Hill, Fuller etc. Then go into next year with a ton of cap to pay what we need for FA and extend Mahomes etc

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 sacks last year and they run a base 4-3.   I'd rather pay him than Dee Ford that kind of money and he more proven than any guy we are going to have a shot at in this draft.    9 in 2017 and 10 in 2016 so seems pretty consistent and will have more chances with our offense putting up big numbers.  Plus he's just 25.

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm ignorant.. is he worth it in a 4-3 ?

I'm torn on that part. He's one of the best 4-3 pass rushers out there and at 25 years old he might be the best option. However he has been a worse run stopper than other top 4-3 pass rushers which make him a major question mark due to the likely price. I think he's a better pass rushing version of Trey Flowers which means around 20 million per year. 

Archived