Chiefs free agent rumors and signings 2019

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 3/20/2019 at 2:38 PM, Troyofoc said:

Not sure how true but I've read tamba might be losing his mind, hope it's fake news or was hacked.

This is very sad.  I wonder if Tamba had many concussions.  Some concussions are light enough as to be difficult to diagnose at the time they occur.   I am hoping this is a reaction to meds and not something more long term.   Like many on here,  he was one of my favorite Chiefs.

On 3/22/2019 at 9:25 PM, wilkie said:

This is very sad.  I wonder if Tamba had many concussions.  Some concussions are light enough as to be difficult to diagnose at the time they occur.   I am hoping this is a reaction to meds and not something more long term.   Like many on here,  he was one of my favorite Chiefs.

I said this about Mitch Morse. Life is bigger than the game.  I don't want to hear this about any player, let alone Tamba.  He is one of my favorite Chiefs of all time. Wishing him & his family the best.

Bashaud Breeland @Bree2Land6 · 17h Replying to @TreBos10 and @ArrowheadLive Make that call and Come join the gang

Looks like Breeland is trying to recruit Tre Boston to come here. Maybe release Sorensen and get it done?

Boston did reply to it. I sent have twitter to copy it all but said this:

My Dawg

31 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Veach is aggressively shopping for a corner at the meetings this week.

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Link me bro. Otherwise you are just dangling a carrot 

Are we sure that's what we want?  I would almost just sit back and let the draft fall to us.  There's so many good DL, Edge, CB, WR and TE in this draft more picks could come at a premium.

I wouldn't even mind trading #29 for another 2nd round pick and picking up a 4th for the swap.

6 minutes ago, dksww said:

Are we sure that's what we want?  I would almost just sit back and let the draft fall to us.  There's so many good DL, Edge, CB, WR and TE in this draft more picks could come at a premium.

I wouldn't even mind trading #29 for another 2nd round pick and picking up a 4th for the swap.

I think a stud corner would really make our goal in the draft easy. "Go find a pass rusher at whatever cost". And the cost wouldnt be prohibitive because we would no longer need to worry about our secondary. Assuming they like Watts, which seems more and more likely.

Outside that we'd be drafting for depth/future starters only. So to me, the more positions we have covered long term going into the draft the better. Breeland is a 1 yr starter. As of right now CB is still a huge question mark again in 2020 because him and Fuller are both UFA.

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think a stud corner would really make our goal in the draft easy. "Go find a pass rusher at whatever cost". And the cost wouldnt be prohibitive because we would no longer need to worry about our secondary. Assuming they like Watts, which seems more and more likely.

Outside that we'd be drafting for depth/future starters only. So to me, the more positions we have covered long term going into the draft the better. Breeland is a 1 yr starter. As of right now CB is still a huge question mark again in 2020 because him and Fuller are both UFA.

I really hate the idea of a corner with our 1st.  Just to good of a pick to risk it on a corner.  I’d rather see Veach trade for a established player.  I’d be ok giving up the house for a Patrick Peterson or Ramsey type.

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

CB is definitely more of a need than S.  At S we have Mathiew, Watts, Lucas and Sorenson to work with. 

29 is too far back in the draft to get an impact EDGE without reaching or trading up, tough spot.  I'm doing mocks right now on fanspeak and you either have to reach down or trade up.

We also need depth at WR, RB and TE IMO.

Look at this mock I just finished:

29: R1P29
CB JUSTIN LAYNE
MICHIGAN STATE
61: R2P29
WR HAKEEM BUTLER
IOWA STATE
63: R2P31
CB TRAYVON MULLEN
CLEMSON
92: R3P28
TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M
167: R5P29
EDGE MARKUS JONES
ANGELO STATE
201: R6P28
RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD
214: R6P41
LB CAMERON SMITH
USC
216: R7P2
EDGE JOHN COMINSKY
CHARLESTON

What are our priorities on defense in order in your opinion?    I could see us packaging our 1st and 2nd to move up for a pass rusher but how far could we move up?   I think it would take our 1st and 2nd this year and 2nd next year to possibly get a guy we want that could make an impact this.  Which would leave us a 2nd and 3rd to add another DB and LB?

1 .Pass rusher - (Breeland Speaks, Kpass, ?)  

2.  CB   (Ward, Fuller, Breeland)

3.  LB    (Hitchens, Ragland, DOD, Wilson)

4.  S   (Mathieu, Watts, Lucas, Sorenson)

5.  DL depth (Nandi, Jones, etc)

I guess you could make an argument that LB is higher than CB but with Ward's limited window last year we can't take the chance he turns into Marcus Cooper so I left DB higher.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/3/26/18282148/nfl-mock-draft-2019-espn-mel-kiper-3-0-edition

29. Kansas City Chiefs Greedy Williams, CB, LSU With Dee Ford, Justin Houston, Eric Berry and Steven Nelson all gone, the Chiefs’ defense will look different in 2019 under new coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. And Kansas City still has questions at linebacker and the other safety spot next to Tyrann Mathieu. And even after signing Bashaud Breeland on a short-term deal, the team also needs a cornerback. You’ll notice that Williams (6-foot-2, 185 pounds) has dropped a bit; there are questions about his willingness to tackle and about his fluidity in coverage.

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/3/26/18282148/nfl-mock-draft-2019-espn-mel-kiper-3-0-edition

29. Kansas City Chiefs Greedy Williams, CB, LSU With Dee Ford, Justin Houston, Eric Berry and Steven Nelson all gone, the Chiefs’ defense will look different in 2019 under new coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. And Kansas City still has questions at linebacker and the other safety spot next to Tyrann Mathieu. And even after signing Bashaud Breeland on a short-term deal, the team also needs a cornerback. You’ll notice that Williams (6-foot-2, 185 pounds) has dropped a bit; there are questions about his willingness to tackle and about his fluidity in coverage.

sounds great...sarcasm

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Link me bro. Otherwise you are just dangling a carrot 

Marty Mac is saying the same on twitter, with some alluding they are trying to get Patrick Peterson in particular.  I haven't heard any particulars name wise, but they are absolutely trying to buy.  I think another name to look at is Jimmy Smith.  The Ravens could really use the cap relief and extra picks after how bad they were gutted in FA.

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

What are our priorities on defense in order in your opinion?    I could see us packaging our 1st and 2nd to move up for a pass rusher but how far could we move up?   I think it would take our 1st and 2nd this year and 2nd next year to possibly get a guy we want that could make an impact this.  Which would leave us a 2nd and 3rd to add another DB and LB?

1 .Pass rusher - (Breeland Speaks, Kpass, ?)  

2.  CB   (Ward, Fuller, Breeland)

3.  LB    (Hitchens, Ragland, DOD, Wilson)

4.  S   (Mathieu, Watts, Lucas, Sorenson)

5.  DL depth (Nandi, Jones, etc)

I guess you could make an argument that LB is higher than CB but with Ward's limited window last year we can't take the chance he turns into Marcus Cooper so I left DB higher.

CB is definitely top need.

12 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Marty Mac is saying the same on twitter, with some alluding they are trying to get Patrick Peterson in particular.  I haven't heard any particulars name wise, but they are absolutely trying to buy.  I think another name to look at is Jimmy Smith.  The Ravens could really use the cap relief and extra picks after how bad they were gutted in FA.

CB is definitely top need.

I love Marty Mac. I met him out at Arrowhead tailgating when the Save Our Chiefs movement was in full swing. Good guy, and he seemed to establish some legit connections in the process.

Archived