Chiefs free agent rumors and signings 2019

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I love Marty Mac. I met him out at Arrowhead tailgating when the Save Our Chiefs movement was in full swing. Good guy, and he seemed to establish some legit connections in the process.

His sources seem more solid than mine, but yeah good dude and I don't think he's blindly tossing darts.

Nothing more than a simple guess, but I don't think Peterson trade will happen unless the Cardinals decide to re-tear everything down again and take Murray.  Hard to build onto something when you dump your best player, but if you're flushing it all once again than you should really consider making the move.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

His sources seem more solid than mine, but yeah good dude and I don't think he's blindly tossing darts.

Nothing more than a simple guess, but I don't think Peterson trade will happen unless the Cardinals decide to re-tear everything down again and take Murray.  Hard to build onto something when you dump your best player, but if you're flushing it all once again than you should really consider making the move.

The moves they've made in free agency dont really say rebuild, I agree. But if/when they flip Rosen maybe they can get a 1st for him from someone and draft Petersons replacement cheap. Hard to know what they are up to. 

8 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The moves they've made in free agency dont really say rebuild, I agree. But if/when they flip Rosen maybe they can get a 1st for him from someone and draft Petersons replacement cheap. Hard to know what they are up to. 

I don't think they're fetching a 1 for Josh Rosen.  It would really be a terrible move by the Cardinals, but terrible teams making terrible decisions isn't something that isn't heard of by means.

17 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't think they're fetching a 1 for Josh Rosen.  It would really be a terrible move by the Cardinals, but terrible teams making terrible decisions isn't something that isn't heard of by means.

Giants could give up their 17th pick and get a later one in return this freeing them up to go defense with their 6thbpick in the first?

1 hour ago, dksww said:

CB is definitely more of a need than S.  At S we have Mathiew, Watts, Lucas and Sorenson to work with. 

Gonna babble on here for a second. Lol

What your saying makes sense, but I’m not sure Brett Veach agrees as he clearly pursued Earl Thomas after we had signed Honey Badger.  

So trying to read between the lines it looks like he wanted to upgrade from Sorensen with a veteran and then develop Watts and Lucas behind them. 

If that’s off the table maybe the focus does come to acquiring a veteran CB and developing Smith, Ward and a draft pick behind them instead.  I’d resign Fuller now by the way. 

This would set up a scenario to aggressively find the weak side defensive end/pass rusher. And nice mock by the way. 

Lastly it’s also possible this Tyreek deal has caused them to prioritize an offensive player. Short term anyway our best chance at Lombardi next year is to keep offense strong and hope defense comes around enough as season progresses. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

What your saying makes sense, but I’m not sure Brett Veach agrees as he clearly pursued Earl Thomas after we had signed Honey Badger.  

So trying to read between the lines it looks like he wanted to upgrade from Sorensen with a veteran and then develop Watts and Lucas behind them. 

If that’s off the table maybe the focus does come to acquiring a veteran CB and developing Smith, Ward and a draft pick behind them instead.  I’d resign Fuller now by the way. 

This would set up a scenario to aggressively find the weak side defensive end/pass rusher. And nice mock by the way. 

Lastly it’s also possible this Tyreek deal has caused them to prioritize an offensive player. Short term anyway our best chance at Lombardi next year is to keep offense strong and hope defense comes around enough as season progresses. 

There was the tweet from Breeland to Tre Boston telling him to come here and make it happen. If so you cut Sorensen and use that money on him

3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

In what world does it make sense to waste 2 years of a RB's prime on a garbage QB like Eli?

He was the best player in the draft. Bar none. They werent wrong for taking him. If they dont go QB with 1 of their 2 first this year, then Gettleman ought to be fired immediately.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

He was the best player in the draft. Bar none. They werent wrong for taking him. If they dont go QB with 1 of their 2 first this year, then Gettleman ought to be fired immediately.

I think they like Haskins or Locke but they wont be there at 17. Passing up a good amount of great talent at the higher pick for a defensive front player they need. It would be great for them if they went d player and one of those 2 QBs drop to 17.

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They were absolutely in the wrong for taking Barkley over Darnold.  it was unbelievably stupid.

Now they're going to follow the 'Kansas City model' and sit a QB on the bench while Eli sucks it up for another year, and it's not far-fetched to assume the new QB will have some struggles Year 1.  They really could waste a lot of his rookie deal on being terrible. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Ya, I was just saying at this point, Safety is not a must have like CB is.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:25 PM, Handswarmer said:

Oh, right....no other team has ever done that before

Uh, that was a quote. You can tell by the two little marks at the beginning and end of the quote.

Obnoxious little twit, aren't you?

On 3/26/2019 at 11:56 AM, liquidfriend said:

In what world does it make sense to waste 2 years of a RB's prime on a garbage QB like Eli?

I side with you in this argument, by the time the giants are good again barkley will be done, it was an absolutely stupid pick.

the worst combo ever was the browns taking trent richardson at 4 and brandon weedin late in the first.

same logic applies to richardson, on top of that they select a 28 year old qb who, again, by the time the browns are good they would be looking for his replacement due to age.

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I side with you in this argument, by the time the giants are good again barkley will be done, it was an absolutely stupid pick.

If the Giants are in contention again in 2022 that would put Barkley at 25 years old. Am I missing something? 

18 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If the Giants are in contention again in 2022 that would put Barkley at 25 years old. Am I missing something? 

Nope. A strong running game will help any qb, especially a new one. Where the Giants messed up was in the OBJ trade. They were fleeced there imo. 

38 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

No doubt he should be in his prime but also a guy who’s gonna command a huge salary I’d be reluctant to give a RB  

To me this is just another reason not to draft any RB early.  Just way to many good or even great RBs found later in the draft. It’s the complete opposite of QBs.

And the wear and tear on these guys makes them bigger risks than any other position. Even look at the Rams who’s entire offense is set up to go through Gurley. When he got hurt they didn’t lose all that much at all with a street free agent.  

Just my opinion.  At this point they do have him though so they need to build around him. He’s defintely a stud player. 

Archived