will EB stay or be released?

2 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

He counts 16.5 mil against the cap in 2019, with a whopping 15 mil dead cap hit.

The only advantage of cutting him this year is that he’s totally off the books for next year...   I think you gotta hope he can play.

June 1st gives $9.5M

9 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Probably depends on who we draft. Could see him as post June 1 cut. But they may like him in the locker room to inspire guys. Who knows. He definitely is gone by 2020 is my guess.

He is gone next year unless he can prove to stay.

12 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Probably depends on who we draft. Could see him as post June 1 cut. But they may like him in the locker room to inspire guys. Who knows. He definitely is gone by 2020 is my guess.

Problem is 7.5 million of his 2019 salary becomes guaranteed on Friday. If we are going to designate him a post June 1 guy, it’s gotta be in the next two days.  

1 hour ago, Marleydawg said:

Sure, but then you carry the other $8m cap hit into 2020.  Post June 1 just kicks half the can down the road.

Kicking half the can is the only option in my mind!  If Berry can play, which if he decides to sit again after being cleared Veach should fine him, who will you want KC to sign to play at Berry’s level for $1.5M this year?

13 minutes ago, Balto said:

Kicking half the can is the only option in my mind!  If Berry can play, which if he decides to sit again after being cleared Veach should fine him, who will you want KC to sign to play at Berry’s level for $1.5M this year?

That's no different than anyone who's making bank.  What happens if HB blows his knee out again?  Kelce goes down?  Mahomes?  You have to have cheap depth and hope someone steps up.

I understand Berry comes along with some additional baggage -- most folks on this board don't trust him.  I'm assuming Reid does. 

29 minutes ago, Balto said:

Not hard to find someone to play at Berry's level if Berry is sitting on the bench. 

Archived