35 million in cap space ???

I would go after CB or DE too. If we get Bell and one of those plus extend Hill....my God how can you not like what Veach is doing? Plus we have the draft and over 70 million next year to lock up Fuller and Jones and another 2nd round pick too!

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Still he takes what Houston was going to cost us, still leaves 20 million or so.

We can cut Rags, Sorenson and a few others to free up enough for the rookie pool so that should net us a couple more mid tier guys to shore up holes.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

We can cut Rags, Sorenson and a few others to free up enough for the rookie pool so that should net us a couple more mid tier guys to shore up holes.

Serious question.  Why are these guys not cut already?

41 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I would go after CB or DE too. If we get Bell and one of those plus extend Hill....my God how can you not like what Veach is doing? Plus we have the draft and over 70 million next year to lock up Fuller and Jones and another 2nd round pick too!

Is there any CB out there who would become an instant starter for the Chiefs?  Maybe there will be better choices after the TC cut downs and cheaper as well.  IMHO, CB will be mainly addressed in the draft and we have to hope the choice or choices can play from day one like Peters, Flowers, Carr, or Carter. 

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is there any CB out there who would become an instant starter for the Chiefs?  Maybe there will be better choices after the TC cut downs and cheaper as well.  IMHO, CB will be mainly addressed in the draft and we have to hope the choice or choices can play from day one like Peters, Flowers, Carr, or Carter. 

Will there be a CB worth taking late in the 1st?  I don't know but if we can fill it in FA great. If not gon after a DE or another hole.

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Will there be a CB worth taking late in the 1st?  I don't know but if we can fill it in FA great. If not gon after a DE or another hole.

There's several CBs that could be available at #29 and several more tat should be there at the end of the second.  My hope would be that the Chiefs  fins one FA (they cant do worse than last year with Amerson and Scandrick) and draft a starter.  That means Fuller, Ward, FA, Draftee, plus some others in camp or from the PS or guys like T. Smith.  Same for DE and LB.  Pick up someone serviceable but not a high cost, high impact player in FA and draft a potential starter at those positions.  I doubt Veach is done dealing yet. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

If they can extend Hill this year, pay Jones next year, and extend Mahomes, they will be fine and it's not that hard to do once Berry is off the books. 

We have a huge amount of money next year even if we kept Berry.

14 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'd have to think they gotta do something at WR.  Your #2 WR is DRob when Sammy does his annual sit and man will the Offense sputter when that happens.

Really need a proven player.

I agree, but they may have to get it in the draft.  There isn't much in the FA WR market.

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Still he takes what Houston was going to cost us, still leaves 20 million or so.

Probably more than 20, I doubt he makes that much in the first year. 

The fun part is that we haven't really started cutting the dead weight like Sorensen, Murray, etc. 

Archived