35 million in cap space ???

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

Probably more than 20, I doubt he makes that much in the first year. 

The fun part is that we haven't really started cutting the dead weight like Sorensen, Murray, etc. 

$20,692,237 with Ford still on the roster and the new FA's not signed.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

And other possible cuts like Berrynnext years Sorensen etc. Still have plenty to extend Jones, Hill and Fuller

Berry           5.5 mill

Watkins      14 mill

Sorenson     2.9

Fisher           9.5 mill

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Berry           5.5 mill

Watkins      14 mill

Sorenson     2.9

Fisher           9.5 mill

I think we keep Fisher but freeing another 22 million in the other cuts will allow us to sign and extend many of our own and be a FA player plus still having 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. Front end a lot of contracts and be able to use the cap wisely.

Just now, kkuenn said:

I think we keep Fisher but freeing another 22 million in the other cuts will allow us to sign and extend many of our own and be a FA player plus still having 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. Front end a lot of contracts and be able to use the cap wisely.

Injuries, crimes and suspensions are hard to predict this far in advance. Todays plus is one play, or incident,  away from urgent need.

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Injuries, crimes and suspensions are hard to predict this far in advance. Todays plus is one play, or incident,  away from urgent need.

Not trying to predict those scenarios. If everything stays as is, I think we keep Fisher and let the rest go. Either way we are in a great situation to have plenty if cap space next year, room to make much more and have good picks early in the draft.

5 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I'd have to think they gotta do something at WR.  Your #2 WR is DRob when Sammy does his annual sit and man will the Offense sputter when that happens.

Really need a proven player.

Kemp, Pringle, Dieter?  WR is in good shape even if Sammy goes down for  few games.  Long term, I agree the Chiefs need a legitimate #2.  How about Emanuel Hall from Mizzou if he drops enough?

29 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Kemp, Pringle, Dieter?  WR is in good shape even if Sammy goes down for  few games.  Long term, I agree the Chiefs need a legitimate #2.  How about Emanuel Hall from Mizzou if he drops enough?

Kemp, Pringle and Dieter really have given you some reason to be optimistic? Man to me I see our WRs beyond our top 2 ranging from completely unproven to very inconsistent. 

39 minutes ago, dksww said:

I guess the Chiefs save 9.5 million but can't use it until after June 1.  

anyone know what our current cap is at?  the websites i use haven't been updated.

they'll be training camp releases that we need $$ in the bank for

6 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Kemp, Pringle and Dieter really have given you some reason to be optimistic? Man to me I see our WRs beyond our top 2 ranging from completely unproven to very inconsistent. 

Unproven, but I think at least one of them could replace Conley.  We're not talking about Randy Moss or Jerry Rice.  We're talking about Mahomes third or fourth option.

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Unproven, but I think at least one of them could replace Conley.  We're not talking about Randy Moss or Jerry Rice.  We're talking about Mahomes third or fourth option.

I wouldn’t disagree with that at all when it comes to WR production.  I’m just hoping we aspire for more as reality of losing Watkins after next season hits home. 

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Takes a year to learn Reids system as a WR, especially a drafted one. This might be the year to get one or go after a good vet FA next year.

I'd like a WR, a RB, a OG, and a TE, but that defense just has to get fixed if the Chiefs are going to win.  Lets see what Pringle can do and give Kemp more snaps before we sacrifice a defensive need. 

21 hours ago, dksww said:

I guess the Chiefs save 9.5 million but can't use it until after June 1.  

anyone know what our current cap is at?  the websites i use haven't been updated.

I'd be fine if we even just rolled it over to next year.

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Takes a year to learn Reids system as a WR, especially a drafted one. This might be the year to get one or go after a good vet FA next year.

If the kid can run fast, jump high, fight for the ball, learn routes, and develop some sync with Mahomes, he can be a #2 as a rookie.  Plenty of WRs have played their first year.  They're not all D. Bowe. 

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If the kid can run fast, jump high, fight for the ball, learn routes, and develop some sync with Mahomes, he can be a #2 as a rookie.  Plenty of WRs have played their first year.  They're not all D. Bowe. 

Seems Conley was a stud for high pointing the ball, his leaping st the combine etc and that was not a great fit. I agree he can be a #2 but there is a lot to learn and how effective a rookie would be.

17 hours ago, DieHard said:

Agree. There is promise and some hungry youngsters, but losing Sammie makes me understand drafting a WR early if he is there.

Start looking at Parris Campbell film.  I'm feeling he's going to be the pick unless a surprise edge guy falls right into their laps.

Archived