I don’t know if anyone has been listening, but people are losing their minds. Chiefs are getting murdered for trading Ford. And I’m referring to all the radio hosts and writers. Even Paylor wasn’t really on board.

interesting...

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I don’t know if anyone has been listening, but people are losing their minds. Chiefs are getting murdered for trading Ford. And I’m referring to all the radio hosts and writers. Even Paylor wasn’t really on board.

interesting...

Yes as they should be.

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

interesting...

These type moves are not for the squimish. But popular moves are not what a GM should strive for. I think they did the right thing but its hardly some slam dunk. People reacted very similiarly to Marcus Peters. Veach has created real opportunity to rebuild this defense in a different image. He has created cap space and added draft picks to get this fixed long term. But if he pushes the wrong buttons with these it's going to be magified and put him on the firing line very quickly. Lets just call what they are doing bold. 

We sucked last year and I guess we could be worse theoretically but getting rid of players who don’t fit and would require a long term commitment just for a one year run is not smart business.  I don’t think we are done and I think we have a real chance to make some ground this year while investing in our younger players.   If I made one more splash in FA it would be for a pass rusher as DBs and dlineman can be found in the draft.

They need to relax better to make this the rebuild year then try to do it after we have to pay Mahomes.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

We sucked last year and I guess we could be worse theoretically but getting rid of players who don’t fit and would require a long term commitment just for a one year run is not smart business.  I don’t think we are done and I think we have a real chance to make some ground this year while investing in our younger players.   If I made one more splash in FA it would be for a pass rusher as DBs and dlineman can be found in the draft.

They need to relax better to make this the rebuild year then try to do it after we have to pay Mahomes.

Yes lots of time left to execute a plan and improve the team. . At this point KC is not a better football team.

Ford was a solid player... for one season!  I remember thinking he may be a total bust bc of how poorly he started his career.

lets not forget the injury history, lapses in run coverage and change to 4-3. 

y, he might be good but there’s a strong possibility he may be a one hit wonder.

i am worried about Houston and ford going but have faith the chiefs will find serviceable replacements. They were high salaried players that free up tons of space to sign others 

we were dead last in defense so how much worse can we get??????

We never saw Ford play in a 43. SF will be be his first time in the NFL. If Spags and company are trying to get their guys then we have to let them. We bitched about Sutton and his players or were they  for his scheme? They got players last year that could play in both systems and some more so for 43 like Speaks. As we see they did not envision Ford into it and his value never would be higher as it is now.

Soren Petro and the rest of the guys on The Program seemed fine with it, when I heard the Border Patrol they were talking Royals so I don't know what they said this morning.

Keitzman is airing it out now, he seems to be fine with it.

the 49ers are going to be AWFUL this year and that could easily be the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

People won't be bitching then.

AGAIN, the Patriots wouldn't have signed him and would've just let him walk for 3rd round compensation next year like T. Flowers.

We got a 2nd round for him instead and it's a great chance it's a high second.

You never know, we could trade that pick this year or next to move up in the draft.

We have some of the most dramatic fans in the league. The season is 26 fucking weeks away.

Do you order food at a restaurant then walk into the kitchen and completely lose your shit with the chef because the meat is still raw?

Do you go to a tattoo shop and with an image you want for a back piece, then wig out on the tattoo artist after he finishes the outline?

Do you draw up plans for a house and show up at a job site and fucking flip out on the crew while the framing is still being done?

Thats essentially the stance people are taking with Veach who in 1 season as a GM has an AFC Championship appearance on his resume. 

People need to take their xanax and shut the fuck up.

Petro did not seem to bent about it neither was Frank Boles.. bottom line to me was most  if not all GM's knew that Houston and Ford  were going to get gone one way or another so there was limited capital  for both. It was compared to the Peters trade. everybody blew out their brains about it but the next year having that 2nd rnd pick no one seemed to care.

I'd preferred a token pick this year and the 2nd next but I'm not bent about  it and Fanatic.. you need to go get laid or something..but then you'd probably complain about that as well

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We have some of the most dramatic fans in the league. The season is 26 fucking weeks away.

Do you order food at a restaurant then walk into the kitchen and completely lose your shit with the chef because the meat is still raw?

Do you go to a tattoo shop and with an image you want for a back piece, then wig out on the tattoo artist after he finishes the outline?

Do you build a house and show up at a job site and fucking flip out on the crew while the framing is still being done?

Thats essentially the stance people are taking with Veach who in 1 season as a GM has an AFC Championship appearance on his resume. 

lol FANATIC DOES

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Do you build a house and show up at a job site and fucking flip out on the crew while the framing is still being done?

Love it when someone tells people to STFU. Seriously why waste your energy , ANGER, on what others think? This is not a church or cult. People have different ideas and thoughts. Its called a discussion board. 😂

I personally thought dee ford was borderline worthless until last season, where he admittedly played like a stud, but ultimately lined up offsides for the most important snap in modern day chiefs history.

i will remember ford for running away from frank gore and lining up offsides.

i wasn’t a fan of last offseasons big moves, but am on board with this year as I anticipate the departure of berry and the signing or trade of an impact corner to follow.

18 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Thankfully the offseason isn't just about day one of free agency.

Honey Badger, Eric Berry and Watts replacing Sorenson, Murray and Lucas or whoever our safeties are.

Spags replacing Sutton.

Hitchens back at his natural position.

Speaks and Kpass back at their normal position. 

More cap space.

And the draft ahead of us. 

There's work to be done, but I'm excited about the process. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

interesting...

Yesterday, the same dumpster fire was reported at the Ravens HQ by the illiterate fans.....

Today, they are both the best organizations in the whole wide world......

Go figure

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Yes lots of time left to execute a plan and improve the team. . At this point KC is not a better football team.

Agree personel wise. We are much better on the coaching end. But the moves we've made have weakened the talent level without question but at the same time given the new DC and our GM to really get this done the right way with players they want. It's sink or swim now!

Wouldn't some of the people complaining the loudest now, be first in line to call for Veach's head if the Chiefs had committed to Ford and he became another Berry injury wise?  Easy to second guess or look back, but Veach has his job and reputation on the line.  He called the shot and will live with the consequences.  How much would the whiners risk on being right?

4 hours ago, dksww said:

Soren Petro and the rest of the guys on The Program seemed fine with it, when I heard the Border Patrol they were talking Royals so I don't know what they said this morning.

Keitzman is airing it out now, he seems to be fine with it.

the 49ers are going to be AWFUL this year and that could easily be the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

People won't be bitching then.

AGAIN, the Patriots wouldn't have signed him and would've just let him walk for 3rd round compensation next year like T. Flowers.

We got a 2nd round for him instead and it's a great chance it's a high second.

You never know, we could trade that pick this year or next to move up in the draft.

they have a shot at Nick Bosa so that ain't a bad thing

Archived