• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you remember I've been on Berry's back for months now.  I started the threat about him (not being worthy) of the Ring of Honor.  And in all of my questions I've had in the past, I just remember that the Coach knows two things, BBQ and football.  But this is the first time I thought outright the Chiefs were wrong.  What does this save the club?  A couple million versus, what, 16 million in dead money?   We should remember this when the discussion of an upcoming free agent comes up and someone writes "Pay the Man!" 

At least we know why Berry had the black makeup below his eyes.  It was because he is a bandit that just made of with, what, $30-40 million buck for next to nothing?

9 minutes ago, SarcasticOne said:

Some of you remember I've been on Berry's back for months now.  I started the threat about him (not being worthy) of the Ring of Honor.  And in all of my questions I've had in the past, I just remember that the Coach knows two things, BBQ and football.  But this is the first time I thought outright the Chiefs were wrong.  What does this save the club?  A couple million versus, what, 16 million in dead money?   We should remember this when the discussion of an upcoming free agent comes up and someone writes "Pay the Man!" 

At least we know why Berry had the black makeup below his eyes.  It was because he is a bandit that just made of with, what, $30-40 million buck for next to nothing?

So you complain about him for months and the club does something about it and now you complain about that too? Huh?  By the way the Chiefs save 9.5 million vs CAP in 2019 with this move. 

I’m ok with this 

think about us staring scandrick and amerson. We went with them forever and stunk. Berry didnt play for two years so no loss there. Throw in Lucas, watts, Murray and smith and we played way better - Rookies

We can address positions in the draft and won’t miss Houston, Berry, or ford. 

We can only go up from a last place defense. Chin up people!

19 minutes ago, SarcasticOne said:

All this dead money everybody keeps talking about having is a just a number in the game of salary cap management. It might be as simple as Clark getting tired of having to hand him a check for a half a million dollars of real money every week the last couple years and not getting much back to show for it 

16 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

So you complain about him for months and the club does something about it and now you complain about that too? Huh?  By the way the Chiefs save 9.5 million vs CAP in 2019 with this move. 

Yes, I complained then and I'm complaining now.  If they would have released him next year, that I could understand.  The only thing I can't help but wonder about is, when Berry decided to have surgery, he was asked if he'd be ready to play and he said the same thing he's said for every game this year "Well, will just have to see, dog, if I be ready to play or not."  If that was the case, couldn't the Chiefs file some sort of grievance against him for refusing medical care, refusing to play, but cashing the check? 

2 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

Mathieu will be "the man" on D now, barring any big FA signings.  I have mixed feelings about Berry's release.  I understand the business side, but this sucks from a human side.   I will get a Berry jersey now...I never get one of an active Chief...

then you can get a ford & Houston Jersey as well...oh and you can be the first on your street to have a Incompletrius Harris jersey  LOL

3 hours ago, SarcasticOne said:

He will be missed but no sideline cheerleader deserves that kind of money.

I'm not sad.  Just interested in what will emerge on the field.  I'm nostalgic about Berry, Houston, DJ,  in their prime but excited to have a new era, where we can win a superbowl with a terrifying offense and a middle of the road defense made of very young, fast, aggressive, well-coached kids running the hell all over the place on the cheap, so that we can afford a 200 million dollar MVP quarterback contract and playmakers. 

I understand that there is an up-and-coming young safety  in next year's draft who is Berry's youngest brother.  His first name is Dingle, but I have also heard that he is an asshole. I have a feeling he will be wiped out his senior year.

13 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm not sad.  Just interested in what will emerge on the field.  I'm nostalgic about Berry, Houston, DJ,  in their prime but excited to have a new era, where we can win a superbowl with a terrifying offense and a middle of the road defense made of very young, fast, aggressive, well-coached kids running the hell all over the place on the cheap, so that we can afford a 200 million dollar MVP quarterback contract and playmakers. 

I understand that there is an up-and-coming young safety  in next year's draft who is Berry's youngest brother.  His first name is Dingle, but I have also heard that he is an asshole. I have a feeling he will be wiped out his senior year.

That first paragraph was worded better than I could but spot on. Young, hungry, fast and well coached. Not expecting a complete turn around this year, but we only need to be better and ascending.

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

didn't really think it would happen..nuthn against Veach but I didn't think he had the balls..good for him

Yep, I said before I had feeling that I didn't think it would happen even though it should.  

Wish him nothing but the best. 

15 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

Mathieu will be "the man" on D now, barring any big FA signings.  I have mixed feelings about Berry's release.  I understand the business side, but this sucks from a human side.   I will get a Berry jersey now...I never get one of an active Chief...

Shopping at the discount rack?

I was a huge Berry fan. He was the guy I wanted the Chiefs to draft back in 2010. I just hate how all this played out. He was great when he was on the field. So many highlights. Cutting him was absolutely the right decision. We needed to move on. Berry was nothing more than a total distraction this past year. His future health is totally uncertain. I wish him well and would not be surprised if he wound up being signed by the Browns or the Raiders.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

I was a huge Berry fan. He was the guy I wanted the Chiefs to draft back in 2010. I just hate how all this played out. He was great when he was on the field. So many highlights. Cutting him was absolutely the right decision. We needed to move on. Berry was nothing more than a total distraction this past year. His future health is totally uncertain. I wish him well and would not be surprised if he wound up being signed by the Browns or the Raiders.

Yep great player and guy when healthy but the "when healthy" part has been a huge problem. Hopefully it all works out for him in the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see Reid bring him as a coach after he decides to stop playing, they looked to have a real good relationship. 

Archived