10 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

Please tell me why anyone didn't recognize that they weren't team players when they held out? So many people here told me how wrong I was, and how you have to pay players like them.

Aren't you a Washington fan?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me why anyone didn't recognize that they weren't team players when they held out? So many people here told me how wrong I was, and how you have to pay players like them.

Did you see what a difference a great quarterback makes finally?

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Did you see what a difference a great quarterback makes finally?

I saw a team with a two-game lead on their division drop six of their final seven games after their great starting quarterback's leg was shattered.

I also saw a team with a ton of offensive talent squandered while a rocket-armed golden boy tried to figure out what the opposing coaches were doing to him.

7 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

I saw a team with a two-game lead on their division drop six of their final seven games after their great starting quarterback's leg was shattered.

I also saw a team with a ton of offensive talent squandered while a rocket-armed golden boy tried to figure out what the opposing coaches were doing to him.

Eh go tell it to Dan Snyder...

9 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

Sure I am. Also still a fan of good football, and quarterbacks that can score in the first half of a post-season game.

Well thank God we did not blow leads to Indy and Titans with said QB 

You mean the same guy who scored 71 points in two games against a Bill B defense as a rookie?  Yea our future looks bleak now...

Sure I am. Also still a fan of good football, and quarterbacks that can score in the first half of a post-season game.

but you prefer that same QB who couldn't score in the second half of a post-season game, totally makes sense....🙄

12 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

You mean QBs who can actually win a home playoff game...LOL    

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You mean QBs who can actually win a home playoff game...LOL    

To be fair, I thought I liked Alex Smith.  Until I saw the rocket-armed golden play.  And then I realized that Alex Smith is somewhere between average and serviceable.   

18 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

To be fair, I thought I liked Alex Smith.  Until I saw the rocket-armed golden play.  And then I realized that Alex Smith is somewhere between average and serviceable.   

I'm 100 percent with you. Alex is a solid 2nd tier QB and I appreciate his contributions to being a solid 2nd tier team.

And then this 23 year old kid comes in and becomes the first MVP in franchise history and you start realizing how this gives us the type of competitive advantage we had never imagined before. And almost like clock work the 25 year home playoff losing streak comes to a crashing end as we score over 30 points in back to back home playoff games after averaging only 18 in the previous two.

And we see a QB deliver a game tying drive in the AFC Championship game with 1 timeout and 1:18 left on the clock and wonder what might have been had we started him a year earlier and not had to watch another castoff QB meltdown at crunch time in an easier spot against a worse team with more time. 

Yep. Rocket armed golden boy changed things more than any of us could have possibly imagined especially for such a young player. And I suppose those few poor souls that thought this guy was little more than a sandlotter are left with nothing but a bitter reminder their guys aren't as good as ours is and their teams will continue to suffer the same fate as we did for 30 years. 

Heck this must be a little like what the Trailblazers fans felt like when they drafted Sam Bowie ahead of Michael Jordan. 

12 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Hands is a Ravens fan.

Yessir, I am

11 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

He has the Broncos quarterback as his avatar. 

He hoisted that Lombardi as a Raven- I will keep it. I have never liked Elway since he pulled that crap on Baltimore (Colts) in 1983. Ernie Accorsi drafted him anyway, thinking he could get a good trade- we got a lineman who played 4-5 years, a QB who sucked (Mark Herman) and a 1984 #1 draft pick, a CB who went to the USFL then played 20 games for the Indy colts....fleeced

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Yessir, I am

He hoisted that Lombardi as a Raven- I will keep it. I have never liked Elway since he pulled that crap on Baltimore (Colts) in 1983. Ernie Accorsi drafted him anyway, thinking he could get a good trade- we got a lineman who played 4-5 years, a QB who sucked (Mark Herman) and a 1984 #1 draft pick, a CB who went to the USFL then played 20 games for the Indy colts....fleeced

My bad.  I always thought he was holding a mirror. 

Archived