6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Understandable that a Chiefs fan wouldn't know what a Lombardi trophy looks like since its been, what, 50 years?

I wonder why they keep it so shiny.  Flacco is clearly looking at himself in it.  He's got a towel on his shoulder.  I just assumed it was a mirror and he just got out of the shower. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Understandable that a Chiefs fan wouldn't know what a Lombardi trophy looks like since its been, what, 50 years?

Baby steps.  Fuck, it took over 30 years for them to finally take a 1st round QB again and people were trying to talk themselves into an idea where Alex Smith wasn't bad and they should have just taken some fatty with the pick and never moved up.

Nfl.com said Berry is seeking a non-prove it deal. Guy has played 4 games in 2 years and still thinks he should get a huge contract. This is why I'm glad he's gone at this point. KC went the distance with him repeatedly and he doesn't want to give up an inch. Dude, you've been out, face reality and prove you can even get on the field.  

3 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Nfl.com said Berry is seeking a non-prove it deal. Guy has played 4 games in 2 years and still thinks he should get a huge contract. This is why I'm glad he's gone at this point. KC went the distance with him repeatedly and he doesn't want to give up an inch. Dude, you've been out, face reality and prove you can even get on the field.  

I’m shocked. He needs to self analyze 

On 3/19/2019 at 8:06 AM, soonerborn77 said:

but you prefer that same QB who couldn't score in the second half of a post-season game, totally makes sense....🙄

You miss the irony.

What's better?: The quarterback that guides his team to a quick and substantial lead, or the quarterback that shows up in the second half?

Everyone wanted to blame the Chiefs' defense last year. Maybe they deserve a little slack after their offense clocked in 26th in the league in Time of Possession.

7 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

You miss the irony.

What's better?: The quarterback that guides his team to a quick and substantial lead, or the quarterback that shows up in the second half?

Everyone wanted to blame the Chiefs' defense last year. Maybe they deserve a little slack after their offense clocked in 26th in the league in Time of Possession.

Peyton Manning always downplayed the 4th QTR Comeback/Game Winning Drive stat- "That just means I didn't do my job earlier in the game"

8 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

You miss the irony.

Lol, a guy throws for more TDs, wins more games, wins MVP, wins a playoff game his first year starting and also get us the AFC championship game things Smith has not done. If he did was not to often as he won what, 2 playoff games in his career? All of this as his first year as a starter but you think one half of one game makes him worse than Smith? Talk about irony.

9 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

You miss the irony.

So your complaint about the offense that lead the league in total yards and points per game is that they score to fast?

Also to answer your terrible hypothetical, yes I would rather have the QB that guides us back to take the lead and drive down for the game tying FG instead of the guy that disappears in the second half.

14 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

So your complaint about the offense that lead the league in total yards and points per game is that they score to fast?

Also to answer your terrible hypothetical, yes I would rather have the QB that guides us back to take the lead and drive down for the game tying FG instead of the guy that disappears in the second half.

Well he showed too on 3rd and long or 4th and long that he can throw a pass beyond the first down marker too. Something that infuriated me Smith would not do or take a chance even at the end of a game

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well he showed too on 3rd and long or 4th and long that he can throw a pass beyond the first down marker too. Something that infuriated me Smith would not do or take a chance even at the end of a game

A very good assessment IMO was some pundit saying "you can't throw so few interceptions when losing games and still be a good QB". Smith never did what was needed to win, he simply did what was not ruin games and hope that someone else will win it.

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

With what mahomes showed last year, no one in there right mind would want to go back to Alex Smith.

Sounds like Smith will be calling it a career. It's a shame if it truly ends for him this way. But he helped bring the Chiefs from a dumpster fire to a contender. Now it's time for PM to take the team the rest of the way. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfscall said:

Sounds like Smith will be calling it a career. It's a shame if it truly ends for him this way. But he helped bring the Chiefs from a dumpster fire to a contender. Now it's time for PM to take the team the rest of the way. 

He will get paid well.  

30 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

He will get paid well.  

Chiefs treated him right in the trade too. It was handled great all around with all involved. Od course it did not do well for Redskins though but Smith gets his guaranteed

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Lol, a guy throws for more TDs, wins more games, wins MVP, wins a playoff game his first year starting and also get us the AFC championship game things Smith has not done. If he did was not to often as he won what, 2 playoff games in his career? All of this as his first year as a starter but you think one half of one game makes him worse than Smith? Talk about irony.

Will he ever win another game in the post-season? You didn't do it until you've done it. He had a much better supporting cast survive to this past post-season than anything Smith played with. Let's get that straight.

13 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Will he ever win another game in the post-season? You didn't do it until you've done it. He had a much better supporting cast survive to this past post-season than anything Smith played with. Let's get that straight.

Besides Watkins, who am I missing?

20 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Alex smith who, the chiefs qb is named Patrick Mahomes. And that's all I got to say about that.    - Forest Gump.

For the record, my first two posts here had nothing to do with Smith, or even the quarterback position.

If people want to poke the bear, that's another story. It's clear that some people here missed the Smith Wars, and more than I did.

8 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

Well since he won his first year in, i would say yes. He had just a half healthy Watkins this year who missed a lot of games. Hunt who was out then too. An injured RG and Center then LG also yet sacks went down. And a historically bad defense worse than Smith ever had to lean on. He beat a top 10 defensive and offensive team this year, at home. Let's get that straight too. I liked Smith but no where near your fatal attraction level, which now makes sense for your name. 

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

The Chiefs were never an actual contender under Alex Smith.  His lone playoff wins were against a near historically awful Defense and Brian Hoyer.  There, I said it.

He's got more regular season wins against Brady's Patriots as a Chief than Mahomes does, and without having fewer post-season wins.

I get that many Chiefs fans are glad to have moved on from Smith, but let's not award Mahomes for doing things Smith hasn't done when Mahomes himself hasn't done them. The goalpost was winning a Super Bowl, not an award from Associated Press, and not putting up Madden numbers in losses.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Well since he won his first year in, i would say yes. He had just a half healthy Watkins this year who missed a lot of games. Hunt who was out then too. An injured RG and Center then LG also yet sacks went down. And a historically bad defense worse than Smith ever had to lean on. He beat a top 10 defensive and offensive team this year, at home. Let's get that straight too. I liked Smith but no where near your fatal attraction level, which now makes sense for your name. 

You will come to find that Mahomes' defense will probably always be "bad" until he learns how to manage the clock.

1 minute ago, PhataLerror said:

He's got more regular season wins against Brady's Patriots as a Chief than Mahomes does, and without having fewer post-season wins.

I get that many Chiefs fans are glad to have moved on from Smith, but let's not award Mahomes for doing things Smith hasn't done when Mahomes himself hasn't done them. The goalpost was winning a Super Bowl, not an award from Associated Press, and not putting up Madden numbers in losses.

He had the best regular season record in the afc.  Had. And had us a coin flip from the super bowl.  Alex Smith could not carry Patrick Mahoney jock strap. I like Smith. But he is not even in mahomes league. 

5 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Last I checked Smith never got us to the AFC championship though

Archived